Confinement Food Home Delivery...

wawa

Sugarcookie, does the brochure from chilli padi indicate the pricing for the confinement delivery? Just curious and wonder if they have trial meal as well.

If I didn't remember wrongly, natal essential serve the food in those microwave plastic containers, those that u usually see in hawker centres (pay extra 20 cents type). I'm not sure if they have changed it or not, that's was like 6 years ago.

sugarcookie

Sugarcookie, does the brochure from chilli padi indicate the pricing for the confinement delivery? Just curious and wonder if they have trial meal as well.
Yep, it is $1568 for 28 days (lunch and dinner). They have options for 21 and 14 days as well.

And they have trial meals as well ($28). You can call Chilli Padi at 62751002, or contact Stephanie (92383621) or Patricia (92371718).

wawa

Yep, it is $1568 for 28 days (lunch and dinner). They have options for 21 and 14 days as well.

And they have trial meals as well ($28). You can call Chilli Padi at 62751002, or contact Stephanie (92383621) or Patricia (92371718).
Thanks, requested a menu from them as well. Hopefully I will get reply soon. ^^

Oppsgal

$1568 for 28 days seems very expensive. No menu from chilli padi yet, think I might just order from the rest of the company for confinement food delivery.

wawa

$1568 for 28 days seems very expensive. No menu from chilli padi yet, think I might just order from the rest of the company for confinement food delivery.
Not really if u compare with natal essentials. Theirs is $1588 (exclude early bird disc of $128) for 28 days. As for confinement food, is about $1368/$1388 (cannot remember, menu at home). Unless chilli padi do not have disc for ordering early. But I don't mind if theirs taste better since I got to eat for 28 days and 2 meals per day. :tlaugh:

JazzJewel

I tried New Baby's trial meal once, at $30. The food comes packed individually in microwaveable tupperwares and these tupperwares are then store in those big transparent Toyogo box. When done eating, i merely placed back the tupperwares into the Toyogo box and leave it outside the house, and they will pick it up. Very convenient. Cutleries are provided too.

However, my only "complaint" is that I find the food not very "confinement-style" enough. For my trial, i had Kailan Vege w/Lean Meat, Liver with Lily Bulb Soup, Braised Chicken Meat, White Rice and Red Date Tea. However, though i am not a "gingerly" person, i find that the use of ginger is pretty little. The overall taste like what you can find in your normal coffee shop's economy rice stall.

As my first confinement was done by my mum, her style was more "confinement", meaning more gingers (at least visually i see more lah). I guess its a "got good, got bad" situation, since consumption of too much ginger may lead to jaundice for baby.

What i understand from New Baby, is that for TMC patients with the FBI/SBI card, there will be a 20% less. IIRC, the 28days, 2 meals per day package will cost abt $1388, which is cheaper than Natal Essential.

Now, i m considering if i should still go with confinement food catering or should i ask mum to work half day, and come over to my hse during noon to cook. But it will be tiring for her. Sigh...

wawa

I tried New Baby's trial meal once, at $30. The food comes packed individually in microwaveable tupperwares and these tupperwares are then store in those big transparent Toyogo box. When done eating, i merely placed back the tupperwares into the Toyogo box and leave it outside the house, and they will pick it up. Very convenient. Cutleries are provided too.

However, my only "complaint" is that I find the food not very "confinement-style" enough. For my trial, i had Kailan Vege w/Lean Meat, Liver with Lily Bulb Soup, Braised Chicken Meat, White Rice and Red Date Tea. However, though i am not a "gingerly" person, i find that the use of ginger is pretty little. The overall taste like what you can find in your normal coffee shop's economy rice stall.

As my first confinement was done by my mum, her style was more "confinement", meaning more gingers (at least visually i see more lah). I guess its a "got good, got bad" situation, since consumption of too much ginger may lead to jaundice for baby.

What i understand from New Baby, is that for TMC patients with the FBI/SBI card, there will be a 20% less. IIRC, the 28days, 2 meals per day package will cost abt $1388, which is cheaper than Natal Essential.

Now, i m considering if i should still go with confinement food catering or should i ask mum to work half day, and come over to my hse during noon to cook. But it will be tiring for her. Sigh...
Hi JazzJewel,
I have also seen the menu from newbaby but somehow I feel that the food look like normal dishes to me. And also I have noticed both sat and sun the dinner will be fried rice with egg & ginger. Is like kind of boring eating the same dishes for both days per week and last a mth. Anyway is the food oily? I heard from those who ordered from them saying the food is oily.

Oppsgal

Wow! The price seems so expensive. New still so expensive? Stick with the other company or rather pay abit more for natal essential which is more establish.

Oppsgal

I think less ginger is better if breastfeeding. That's what I heard that ginger makes bm ginger taste and bb might reject the bm.

JazzJewel

wawa: ya, thats my "complaint" to hb too, that the food seems very much like those that you will get from economy rice stall. dun seem it makes sense to pay over $1000 for "economy rice". :err: The trial meal was not very oily, except for the Kailan vege dish.

oppsgal: yes, i agree too that too much ginger may not be good for baby. everything should be in moderation.

Oppsgal

wawa: ya, thats my "complaint" to hb too, that the food seems very much like those that you will get from economy rice stall. dun seem it makes sense to pay over $1000 for "economy rice". :err: The trial meal was not very oily, except for the Kailan vege dish.

oppsgal: yes, i agree too that too much ginger may not be good for baby. everything should be in moderation.

Really taste that bad? Economy rice stall got put msg in their food? If order economy rice stall have to go out personally. Confinement period cannot go out, unless economy rice stall do tingkat. But economy rice stall no herbal soup.

JazzJewel

actually its not "that" bad lah. it was just a comparison. but it might be a little unfair to them to compare this way, cos i only tried the trial once. ny gf used them before. She said it was Ok lah. But when it comes to the fish soup, a bit "gross" cos they "submerged" the whole "sheng yu" in the soup. So when open the container, u can see a whole fish body. hahaha

rainypink

i personally find food in plastic containers unsafe to eat everyday for almost a month?:elvis:

its not so good.
if you are going to pay so much for that kind food delievery?
why dont just add abit more to hire a CL??

Some CL cooks. look after your baby, and do all the housework for you.
Best of all, the food aint always packed in plastic containers, which means if you are breast feeding, your baby wont be drinking the "plastic" from your milk provides?

Oppsgal

If hire CL that is good then OK, some CL mess up your place and not doing the work correctly like what you want. In the end, is not worth it. And also very inconvenient to have stranger at home. :err:

Hi All,,
you can refer to the follow thread that was discuss recently. I've just confirm with New bay cum Confirement food (they are the same, probably husband & wife) and request for less oil & salt. Can only wait till May to find out.

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f39/confinement-tingkat-10183/
Hi Cheyenne,

Its already July, how's the Confinement food you order?
Which company did you order from?
Can share your view with us?

Thanks a million!:tlaugh: