Confinement lady or Day care nanny?

kolly

Good day to all, need some help here.

Currently, I am pregnant with my 1st child ( 2 months plus only:Dancing_wub:).
wanna be more prepared so post this question.

I can't decide whether to get a confinement lady or only day care nanny is enough for me.
My mum will sure be there during my confinement.
My house is a 3-room HDB flat.
If hiring a CL, that means she will be sleep with my mum at common room.
Is it OK for them? (i.e. share room with others)

I heard that Cl will take care of everything concerning mummy & baby.
Then, how about day care nanny? work as maid or just CL for the day only?

Please advise me.
Thanks a million.:eek:13:

crazmum

Congrats!
I m new in mummysg and been busy with kids. Only now, start to active back as seen lots of ppl are concern about confinement which I m surprise myself. See ur thread n hope to share my own experience as I been through 3confinement myself.
Due to having not a pleasant confinement, I actually took a course in confinement nanny with Thomson Medical Ctr. Its had open my eye that we can enjoy DIY confinement ourselves if we on budget and also having a confinement nanny that can help you throughout with a good experience under your own expectation too.
Welcome to blog on confinement: diyconfinement.blogspot.sg which I hope all mothers can have a good confinement period.

jolinanntan

Hi, a CL will be good as after birth you may not have the energy to bath ur newborn as you will feel pain on ur wound and womb hasnt go back to the normal size.. Thus more rest are needed.. Most CL would like to have a room to themself and baby.. But I know if one CL who dont mind sharing room with others.. Do PM me if you are interested at jolinanntan@gmail.com.. This CL is very good..