Confinement Lady to hire and not to hire

kenxf_03

i think she really wanna 'cheat' the 1day salary. if the CL is good, it is okay if she wanna leave 1 day early and your dont deduct from her pay. but since she is so irresponsible, REMIND her that her salary will be deducted according, take it or leave it.

Precisely!!! If she were to argue with me abt salary, i sure shoot her straight to her face! Said until she can do this and that but in the end do nth, still asked for so much!

She wanted much, asked her wait long long loh!

kenxf_03

wow! i think this CL really got pro! going around cursing ppl?! and hw come her father in law from that time wanna pass away until now still *ahem* 'on the way' passing away? if her father in law is really on sucha serious stage that he is going to pass away anytime, she wont take up confinement job at SG alrdy.
Hi sweetie,

I tink u mistaken le.

That time iwan2noe mummy hired this Aunite Meiling, she said her mother in law got very ill need to bring see doc so we let her come 2 days later and her son's gf got into an accident n he got into trouble so need to go back.

Now, for my case, she said her FIL is seriously sick and may pass away...

Hb and I also suspect this Auntie Meiling is very problematic. And she may collabarate with this FAng jie in the 1st place loh. Fang jie can earn commission and Auntie Meiling can no nd to do full confinment cos as u can can see, she is so LAZY loh! She gave iwan2noe mummy all sorts of excuses to come 2 days LATE leh!! And then hse got prob again and then recommend another CL to iwan2noe mummy . For mine, she wanted to leave one day earlier!

Can see that she really not fit to be a CL loh. She dont even hv the professional ethnic at all and only know how to talk!!! I really suspect her integrity!

kenxf_03

Hi mummies,

Asked my CL to return to M'sia on Fri noon (supposed to be Sat morning) cos I really cant tahan her attitude!!

I really suspect whether she does hsework at home?? Cos she used the mop that she mopped the kitchen to mop the living room. husband find the floor in the living room very oily and sticky. He then went to ask the auntie and she kp quiet. husband then found out that she never chg the pail of water at all!!! OMG!!

She didnt even sweep or mop floor on Fri morning, FINE! And she kp lazing in her room playing her HP as usual. husband did the sweeping and mopping instead loh! Mind you, her father in law is passing away but she dont seems to care nor have feeling at all. She can still chat so happily and laughing non-stop over the phone with her friends/sis.

Its past 12.30pm and I'm waiting for her to cook my lunch and she can still happily chat over the phone, ok! I really cant stand this rubbish! Then I purposely said very loud to my husband, donno we hire her for what, to come here and chit chat over the phone itz!

Then she slowly come out of the room and cook for me. Then i tell her nicely to leave earlier since her father in law is passing away and is seriously ill as she mentioned.

She give me a indifferent look and stare at me. But i dont care at all! Like iwan2noe mummy mentioned, normally she is the one who "sack" her employer. But now, I really cant stand her anymore and wanted her to leave my sight ASAP telling her my mother in law will help me with the confinement from the evening onwards.

She then tk her HP and went to kitchen to make a phone call and came back to me saying that her family has helped her booked bus tix on sat morning @ 11am. Then she said very loudly saying now we asked her to go, she also cant buy any bus ticket then blame us y we tell her last min! Then I'm very mad and told her in the same tone as hers, saying "I thought your family member is passing away and if you wanna leave you can leave now actually, no need drag till tml ." Then she kp quiet and went back to her room and kp on pressing her HP again.

During my dinner, husband caught here eating cod fish while I only eat normal slice fish with ginger!! She really enjoyed loh! And she almost finished my husband's 2 litres orange juice ok!!! She is doing all these on the quiet and I really donno what else has she done all these while cos we never spot check on her till only recently.

One fine day, she served me papaya with fish soup that is kp in fridge overnite. cos the previous day I really have no appetite at all then she said she cooked the papaya soup . Then she has this habit, to serve you the same soup during lunch and dinner. Since I got no apetite, she must have kp it in the frigde and recook for me the next day. Cos I didnt find any fish bones nor papaya in the rubbish bin whilst she only serve me the soup. And she wont serve me same soup for 2 days.

She saw me carrying my 11kg elder son (cos my son is very active) and she simply stay in the room and still playing games on her HP. Still got the cheek to ask me not carry my son. Mind you, I'm delivering my #2 thru C-sect. I shld be resting but I cant! Cos my CL is too good life !! Till now, I'm still feeling very sore!!

For my #2, I saw him prespiring like mad and asked her my son fuss itz becos he's feeling hot, she then said "aiya nvm one , he is like that . if he dont have enough milk also will fuss one ." So she kp on feeding him with milk so tat when #2 is slping, she can rest also.

One day, I find my #2's tummy realy bloated and he has been fussy the whole day. Then pediatrician also prescrbied him the colic drop. Then I asked husband to feed him with med but CL said better not, cos will get addicted one and baby cant live w/o it in future.

I told her straight to the face in harsh tone, dont tell me the pediatrician dont know what she is doing. I feel like asking her are you a CL cum pediatrician?? >.<

Then husband asked her in harsh tone, if like this not bloated then wats is her definition of tummy bloated, wanted to wait till his tummy explore itz! Then she kp quiet! I really cant stand her laziness! I didnt asked her to feed mah, and my son is suffering loh and she still said his tummy is ok. We observe and he is feeling better after med and she feed him 3x the next day.

Good thing is she auto tell me that she need to leave on Fri nite cos her father in law passed away!! But husband and i very calm and tell her ok. She dont look sad to me and I feel like giving her a "best actress award". Cos her behaviour show no sign that she is sad!

And when she asked if we wanna asked for another CL. she can recommend, but husband refused cos she can earn that $300 w/o doing anything like what iwan2noe mummy mentioned. We wont let her earn this so easily cos she dont deserve it and we dont dare to get another CL again.

Now #2 is under my care, and he didnt fuss much like he did under that aunite's care!

So to all mummies who has elder kids or dogs at home, pls dont employ Auntie Meiling as your CL. you will regret deeply!

apollo

Hi mummies,

Asked my CL to return to M'sia on Fri noon (supposed to be Sat morning) cos I really cant tahan her attitude!!

I really suspect whether she does hsework at home?? Cos she used the mop that she mopped the kitchen to mop the living room. husband find the floor in the living room very oily and sticky. He then went to ask the auntie and she kp quiet. husband then found out that she never chg the pail of water at all!!! OMG!!

She didnt even sweep or mop floor on Fri morning, FINE! And she kp lazing in her room playing her HP as usual. husband did the sweeping and mopping instead loh! Mind you, her father in law is passing away but she dont seems to care nor have feeling at all. She can still chat so happily and laughing non-stop over the phone with her friends/sis.

Its past 12.30pm and I'm waiting for her to cook my lunch and she can still happily chat over the phone, ok! I really cant stand this rubbish! Then I purposely said very loud to my husband, donno we hire her for what, to come here and chit chat over the phone itz!

Then she slowly come out of the room and cook for me. Then i tell her nicely to leave earlier since her father in law is passing away and is seriously ill as she mentioned.

She give me a indifferent look and stare at me. But i dont care at all! Like iwan2noe mummy mentioned, normally she is the one who "sack" her employer. But now, I really cant stand her anymore and wanted her to leave my sight ASAP telling her my mother in law will help me with the confinement from the evening onwards.

She then tk her HP and went to kitchen to make a phone call and came back to me saying that her family has helped her booked bus tix on sat morning @ 11am. Then she said very loudly saying now we asked her to go, she also cant buy any bus ticket then blame us y we tell her last min! Then I'm very mad and told her in the same tone as hers, saying "I thought your family member is passing away and if you wanna leave you can leave now actually, no need drag till tml ." Then she kp quiet and went back to her room and kp on pressing her HP again.

During my dinner, husband caught here eating cod fish while I only eat normal slice fish with ginger!! She really enjoyed loh! And she almost finished my husband's 2 litres orange juice ok!!! She is doing all these on the quiet and I really donno what else has she done all these while cos we never spot check on her till only recently.

One fine day, she served me papaya with fish soup that is kp in fridge overnite. cos the previous day I really have no appetite at all then she said she cooked the papaya soup . Then she has this habit, to serve you the same soup during lunch and dinner. Since I got no apetite, she must have kp it in the frigde and recook for me the next day. Cos I didnt find any fish bones nor papaya in the rubbish bin whilst she only serve me the soup. And she wont serve me same soup for 2 days.

She saw me carrying my 11kg elder son (cos my son is very active) and she simply stay in the room and still playing games on her HP. Still got the cheek to ask me not carry my son. Mind you, I'm delivering my #2 thru C-sect. I shld be resting but I cant! Cos my CL is too good life !! Till now, I'm still feeling very sore!!

For my #2, I saw him prespiring like mad and asked her my son fuss itz becos he's feeling hot, she then said "aiya nvm one , he is like that . if he dont have enough milk also will fuss one ." So she kp on feeding him with milk so that when #2 is sleeping, she can rest also.

One day, I find my #2's tummy realy bloated and he has been fussy the whole day. Then pediatrician also prescrbied him the colic drop. Then I asked husband to feed him with med but CL said better not, cos will get addicted one and baby cant live w/o it in future.

I told her straight to the face in harsh tone, dont tell me the pediatrician dont know what she is doing. I feel like asking her are you a CL cum pediatrician?? >.<

Then husband asked her in harsh tone, if like this not bloated then wats is her definition of tummy bloated, wanted to wait till his tummy explore itz! Then she kp quiet! I really cant stand her laziness! I didnt asked her to feed mah, and my son is suffering loh and she still said his tummy is ok. We observe and he is feeling better after med and she feed him 3x the next day.

Good thing is she auto tell me that she need to leave on Fri nite cos her father in law passed away!! But husband and i very calm and tell her ok. She dont look sad to me and I feel like giving her a "best actress award". Cos her behaviour show no sign that she is sad!

And when she asked if we wanna asked for another CL. she can recommend, but husband refused cos she can earn that $300 w/o doing anything like what iwan2noe mummy mentioned. We wont let her earn this so easily cos she dont deserve it and we dont dare to get another CL again.

Now #2 is under my care, and he didnt fuss much like he did under that aunite's care!

So to all mummies who has elder kids or dogs at home, pls dont employ Auntie Meiling as your CL. you will regret deeply!
still wait for fri? if i were u, i just throw her out of my hse immediately instead of letting her earn the 5more days salary since she has been doing nth!

eat ur cod fish? really too much! my CL dont do tt. though we always leave her share for her but she never eats the fish/meat, she only eat vege despite us telling her to eat the fish/meat too. and she cooks punctually, lik an alarm clock. though we asked her not to wash my family members' clothes, just wash mine n bb ones, she still wash for my whole family. frankly, we felt v paiseh, cos + baby, we hav 6pax at hm! we always see her very very busy.

as compared, can see tt ur CL is really very gone case! tml morning, ask her pack up, kick her out of ur hse! :wong29:

kenxf_03

still wait for fri? if i were you, i just throw her out of my house immediately instead of letting her earn the 5more days salary since she has been doing nth!

eat your cod fish? really too much! my CL dont do that. though we always leave her share for her but she never eats the fish/meat, she only eat vege despite us telling her to eat the fish/meat too. and she cooks punctually, lik an alarm clock. though we asked her not to wash my family members' clothes, just wash mine n baby ones, she still wash for my whole family. frankly, we felt very paiseh, cos + baby, we hav 6pax at hm! we always see her very very busy.

as compared, can see that your CL is really very gone case! tml morning, ask her pack up, kick her out of your house! :wong29:
haha, she's gone le!!

She left on Fri nite cos her FIL has passed away... Asked her to leave on FRI noon, she said her family booked tix for Sat morning. Then she cant get any tix either..

Hb saw she ate a pc of cod fish loh! I didnt know until he told me cos I was in my room dry cleaning myself! I was so mad after hearing loh!

My in laws and relatives all saw how lazy is she loh and said she must have come out with lies again and to earn that commission if she recommend another CL to us.

Lucky we didnt fall into her trap.

somenifty

Wow, all this warnings very scary. But what if the CL change their names since they are so con? So even if we blacklist a certain name, they just use another name?

apollo

Wow, all this warnings very scary. But what if the CL change their names since they are so con? So even if we blacklist a certain name, they just use another name?
i would suggest u to hire a CL whom ur frens/relatives have personally tried b4 and intro to u. at least u'll noe if the CL is really as good.

cos to be honest, a CL is to help to cook for the MOTHER and take care of the NB baby and mayb some simple hse wk lik washing the clothes (for mother n baby only). if the CL cant do such simple job, we're wasting our money right? might as well throw the clothes into washing machine, order tingkat and takecare the bb our own =)

but of cos, dun set ur expectation to high. i do heard b4 some mummies expect the CL to do all the hsewk, wash clothes for EVERYONE in the family, cook for EVERYONE in the family. if the CL is willing to and able to, of cos okay, but if the CL's ability is only limit to 'serve' the mother n baby, it's good enough alrdy =)

kenxf_03

Oh,this is a very good qn. My in laws also mentioned abt the chging of name for my CL.. So right now, i really hv phobia in hiring a CL for #3 if I really wanna to hv 1... :embarrassed:

Pen

Dear mummies here,

i just met a CL today and her name is Mei Ling! i was wondering if this is the same person, i am worried. Can anyone tell me how does she looks like and probably let me know her phone no so i can cross check? the one that I met is from Malaysia, staying in Nilai banting. appreciate your revert.

thanks...

iwan2noe

Dear mummies here,

i just met a CL today and her name is Mei Ling! i was wondering if this is the same person, i am worried. Can anyone tell me how does she looks like and probably let me know her phone no so i can cross check? the one that I met is from Malaysia, staying in Nilai banting. appreciate your revert.

thanks...
Pen,

mayb you should describe her here so that we can either say yes or not..
anyway, the Meiling i hired is big size, plump and long hair.. very afraid of heat, always perpsire...

does this strike a cord ?

Pen

Oh..the one I met is skinny and short hair, she talks a lot. Actually I don't really like her but I couldn't get anyone else. Seems like all the CLs are fully booked by others, so I have no choice :(
anyway I think this is a diff person yah...

stressfulbee

TO BE HIRE---GOOD

Hey mummie here

Call this S'pore non stay CF lady, she honest & nice, more than 10yrs experience, great cook wif different CF food on 28days & tonic soup.

I had try her twice & recommended to my all my frd, they say her cooking is very nice till they finish every meal she cook...

Call her at HP: 98476976:wong19:

Adrian Ang

Alpha Male
Good day to all,

I'm recommending my aunty, MeiMei from Malaysia
- More than 20 years experience
- Patient with babies
- Able to stay up at night to take care of babies
- Cook delicious food
- Pleasant character
- Fantastic reviews from previous employers

If interested, please call Adrian @ 91117357, or my aunty, Meimei @ 0207-6969406 (Chinese speaking)

dad ming

Alpha Male
Dear mtbs and mummies who are looking for Confinement lady.

Confinement Lady NOT to hire

By some twist of fate I got to look for another CL last min as the one i previously engaged is unable to make it as she met with an accident. By benefit of doubts, I will think that it is a genuine case.
But until now we have not gotten back the deposit which we had paid her thru her daughter, FENG JIE. The CL is Ju Mei.
Just called and check with FENG JIE. I was told that she will pay me my deposit by Sat as she will enter Sg this sat. She promised to pay us by today, 28th but failed to. I think JU MEI CL is a genuinely good CL but their way of handling matters like this just leave a bad aftertaste and definitely affect their future in this confinement trade.
- > In the end they failed to return the deposit until we had to call to pester her for it. The lady even have cheek to demand $100 for 'handphone bill' Only pay us after much hassle!

Because of this incident, i was recommended a CL by the name of Aunty MEI LING. I do not know how true is the recommendations from a few forumers here, as the no. of posts they have posted is less than 10 and 1 less than 90 posts. I still decided to give MEILING A TRY as I am really desperate...but it turn out to be another ordeal.

initially promised to come on Wed,20 Jan 2010 but because I called her a day late, she said she cant come on Wed and will come on Thurs. Wed morning received a call from her saying that her mother in law got into hospital and need to settle everythg before she can come and promised she had already booked her train tix.

True to her words, she came on Fri, but around 6pm. When she told me she will come and reach around 3pm! NVM on this issue.

on Sun,22 Jan told us that his son got into a car accident and will need to go back to settle some issues for him. I do not want to comment on this but from my account, it seems that there are too many issues and problems from her.
She found a replacement CL for us and, luckily the current CL is so much better than her ! Her name is Fang Jie. Jennifer is her Eng name.

this aunt Mei Ling is calculative and even ask me to pay her the cab fare she incurred to come to my house! :bmad: she should not ask for it but i still pay her.

My baby was hospitalised for juandice for 3 days and during these 3 days, Mei Ling is so LAZY bcos never take the initiative to do any cleaning up. For me(if iam a CL) and for my current Fang Jie, we'd sure do something else when we do not need to take care of baby. SHE never! not even want to clear the basin of water I used to clean and wipe myself. I was so angry to 1 point, i bring it out and said very loudly when she say I do not need to bring out. She only got a Big mouth, say only but no actions from her. she is NOT AS GOOD as some had CLAIMED. You can check the threads posted by other pple who recoomend her in the "to look for confinement lady" thread.

The only thing she is good in is she do thng fast, but still not as good as claimed. Her laziness turned me off big time!
you can read the thread in mummysg and see how she is 'recommended'. The content of the post is more or less the same. Set me wonder if it is the same person who post the thread..

IF you want to hire her, think again. She also have the habit of saying her past employers are bad and it is her who always 'fire' them. Now I think her working ethics and attittude is really wrong and there is something wrong. That is why she always have short stinct with some of her past employers, if not all employers.
Oh my, and I thought me and my wife was the only ones suffering from a bad CL. I was shocked to find that there's a thread dedicated to MeiLing.

We were reluctant to initally talk bad about someone behind their backs, but we decided that after what we been through, it's better to forewarn other parents just in case!

Our bad experience with her also started in day 1. We told her we wanted to do things in a certain manner but she insisted it's only her way. Since we were first time parents, we let her have her way. But guess that was a mistake on our part.

Then she saw our brand new teats for new born and tested it. She said that the teats we bought were lousy and doesn't flow at all. So she took the brand new teats and started to make a bigger hole out of it. And that's when our problems started.

Our newborn was just drinking not more than 60ml when she came back. But the minute MeiLing started to feed her, she gave her about 80ml. She insisted that our baby needed more. And each time she fed our baby, our baby would seemed to choke on her milk. And soon, our baby was throwing up everything she took in for 3 days in a row. We were concerned so we asked her. Her reply was that our baby has a shallow stomach, and have alot of wind in her. She said don't believe to check with the doctor. I wasn't convince. I read up on the books and internet and found out that babies have wind because either, she's been overfed, or the flow of the milk is too fast! I realised that we have both and this must be the cause of our baby throwing up! I confronted Meiling and insisted that she switched back to a normal newborn teat. And she did it unwillingly, but at least my baby hasn't thrown up ever since!

But even after that episode, she still keep insisting our baby's got a lot of wind. And that's the standard excuse she been using every time my baby cry. When our baby was having a growth spurt, and was crying often because she was hungry. Meiling insisted it was wind. Meiling also insisted that my wife's breastfeeding was the cause of the wind!!! My wife told her off saying how could there be air in her breasts???? She kept quiet after.

Yes, she was also always on the phone, and her ring tone was super loud. My baby was woken up a few times because of her phone ringing!

Yes, she keeps complaining of other CL and other employers. From what we found out when we spoke with her, she didn't managed to finish any of her assignments, either due to "bad employers" or "mishaps in her family"!

The excuse she gave us to want to leave was that she had accepted another job!!! How could she accept another job when she promised us to work for 28days! Realised from the new CL she collects commisions from recommending other CLs to take over her jobs. So if she keeps doing that, she'll always pocket that extra $300 without having to work so many days!

Lastly, because of the above, I think she was the cause of my wife's post natal depression. I'm just glad she's out of our lives.

Just in case we are talking about the same Meiling. The one we used is plump, with long hair. Always burp or seemed to have bad digestion. Always playing with her handphone too.

Good luck!

iwan2noe

Yes, she is definitely the one. She must wash hair everyday or after every trip out. Right?

Let's blacklist her for the
Benefit of all other mummies. :)

iwan2noe

Yes, she is definitely the one. She must wash hair everyday or after every trip out. Right?

Let's blacklist her for the benefit of all other mummies. :)

pinkamoon

I would like to warn everyone here of another CL. She is Yap Kim Choo (Ye Jin Zhu) from Johor.

As I am expecting twins, I decided to get a CL for 2 months. This CL was recommended by my sister's former colleagues and thus we trust that she must be quite okay. My husband talked to her on several occassions and the night before she was to collect deposit from us, we were still asking her to lay down her conditions or voice out her concerns.

1) She told us she cannot help with the household chores bcos of the 2 babies. We agreed. My husband told her her job is to take care of the children and mother.

2) She said she must go back to johor for CNY from the reunion dinner and will be back on the 2nd day of CNY. She will not compensate us for the 3 days

After much thought, we agreed as it won't be easy to get a CL during CNY period.

On the day of collection, out of kindness, I directed her to my husband's office near Raffles Place MRT station instead of coming to my place which is not accessible by train. Upon the collection of deposit, she told my husband that she needs to be back on every 14 days to have her passport stamped as this has been her practice for many years. She will stay overnight and come back the next morning.

When my husband called me up to tell me this, I jumped at the news. How can she be away so frequently when the purpose of hiring her is to bring convenience to us. She would be away for about 1 week for the 8 weeks we hire her!

I tried contacting her but to no avail and it was abt in the evening when we managed to contact her. We asked her why she must go back every 14 days and she said that it is her practice. If she doesn't, the immigration officer might be suspicious. She does not want to 'jeopardise' her career. When we told her it is not necessary as we have checked with the immigration department, she answered that it will be unwise if she cannot come out to S'pore just because of us! She insisted that if we cannot cope at night, she would still have her passport stamped but will loiter around for a while before coming back.

After speaking for a while, I decided that she is not someone who is considerate. I told her that as this is a last minute condition by her which we did not agree, I would like to end this employment. Initially, she refused to return us the 400 deposit. After a while, she agreed to return us 200. She agreed to meet my husband a few days later to return the money. We did not want to blow things up, thus we agreed to the arrangement.

A day before the day she was to come, her friend called and said that she would not return the money as it was us who did not employ her. No matter what we say, she refused to return the money. When we finally spoke to the CL, she said it was her hardearned money!!! We told her off and said that that was our money and if she thinks that she is at peace with taking our money, and going back on her words, we will expose her bad conduct and behaviour on the forums and will tell my sis's colleagues. We ended by telling her that it is a blessing that we do not hire such a person like her!!!

So, all mothers to be, beware of this person by the name of YAP KIM CHOO (Ye JIn Zhu) from Johor. Her number is 012-7245665. If she can do this to us, I am sure she is not the kind of CL you want to hire.

kenxf_03

Oh my, and I thought me and my wife was the only ones suffering from a bad CL. I was shocked to find that there's a thread dedicated to MeiLing.

We were reluctant to initally talk bad about someone behind their backs, but we decided that after what we been through, it's better to forewarn other parents just in case!

Our bad experience with her also started in day 1. We told her we wanted to do things in a certain manner but she insisted it's only her way. Since we were first time parents, we let her have her way. But guess that was a mistake on our part.

Then she saw our brand new teats for new born and tested it. She said that the teats we bought were lousy and doesn't flow at all. So she took the brand new teats and started to make a bigger hole out of it. And that's when our problems started.

Our newborn was just drinking not more than 60ml when she came back. But the minute MeiLing started to feed her, she gave her about 80ml. She insisted that our baby needed more. And each time she fed our baby, our baby would seemed to choke on her milk. And soon, our baby was throwing up everything she took in for 3 days in a row. We were concerned so we asked her. Her reply was that our baby has a shallow stomach, and have alot of wind in her. She said dont't believe to check with the doctor. I wasn't convince. I read up on the books and internet and found out that babies have wind because either, she's been overfed, or the flow of the milk is too fast! I realised that we have both and this must be the cause of our baby throwing up! I confronted Meiling and insisted that she switched back to a normal newborn teat. And she did it unwillingly, but at least my baby hasn't thrown up ever since!

But even after that episode, she still keep insisting our baby's got a lot of wind. And that's the standard excuse she been using every time my baby cry. When our baby was having a growth spurt, and was crying often because she was hungry. Meiling insisted it was wind. Meiling also insisted that my wife's breastfeeding was the cause of the wind!!! My wife told her off saying how could there be air in her breasts???? She kept quiet after.

Yes, she was also always on the phone, and her ring tone was super loud. My baby was woken up a few times because of her phone ringing!

Yes, she keeps complaining of other CL and other employers. From what we found out when we spoke with her, she didn't managed to finish any of her assignments, either due to "bad employers" or "mishaps in her family"!

The excuse she gave us to want to leave was that she had accepted another job!!! How could she accept another job when she promised us to work for 28days! Realised from the new CL she collects commisions from recommending other CLs to take over her jobs. So if she keeps doing that, she'll always pocket that extra $300 without having to work so many days!

Lastly, because of the above, I think she was the cause of my wife's post natal depression. I'm just glad she's out of our lives.

Just in case we are talking about the same Meiling. The one we used is plump, with long hair. Always burp or seemed to have bad digestion. Always playing with her handphone too.

Good luck!

YES!!!! ITS DEFINITELY THAT AUNTIE MEILING THAT I MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY!!!!

I feel that she shldnt took up the job as a CL cos she dont FIT TO BE ONE AT ALL!!!! I really doubt her professionalism! Till now, the mentioning of her name really pissed me off to the core!!

Dear Mummies, pls take note of this! Dont be the next victim...

DuffySg

Alpha Male
Hi All,
I also a victim and I asked her to go off recently. Went to meet her before confirmed her, she said she will do house chores and take care of baby and mother. Before gave her the money, everything can.

My wife gave birth on Tuesday and I called her on Wednesday that my wife was going home. During the initial meeting, she said called her 1 day before my wife discharged. But when I called her she said cannot, can only come on Friday. No choice Thursday night I took care of the baby myself.
On Friday after 2pm, she still hasn’t appeared and she also did not inform what time she is coming. So I called her and she said 4pm in the end she arrived after 5pm. I was pissed off but no choice first time parents and last minute where to get another CL.

dad ming, my situation same as you for the baby. She gave a lot of milk to my baby and my gal always vomit milk. I asked her she also say wind. Breast milk also says got wind some more dare to say coz “Mummy not enough milk then the baby cry.”

Initially she was very patient and gentle to my gal. But as days passed she treated my gal very roughly and always makes sarcastic remarks to my wife and gal. She is not trained to be a CL, my gal every afternoon, from 2pm to 4pm, and every night, from 11pm to 3pm, would disturb her sleep (haha). And she cannot settle her. That why I think she’s not happy with my gal then she treats her very badly. She always shout at my gal and pat her very hard. She only treat my gal gentle again on that day when my wife told her she can go off early.

She also very good at words, see different people say different wording. She ask me went to those chain Chinese medicine shop to buy some herbs. Before I went out, I double confirm with her and very confident say those shop should have. In the end, I went those shop does not sell the medicine that she wanted and I asked her. You know what the reply “See I told you dont’t have.”

Realised from my wife after she left that she does not do house chores every day. She today sweep then next day mop without sweeping. She also made a mess of my kitchen when she left and after she left then realised that no wonder my kitchen so sticky in some days as she claimed she got mopped the kitchen after cooking every day.

She always complains other CL and her last time clients. She always on the phone and complaining, during last few days, as my wife cannot tahan her and get a bit depression. So I asked her to go off early. I asked her to go off on Tuesday morning. But when my wife told her on Monday morning, she requested to leave that evening as her son was going back that day. My wife called and told me and I told her no. You know what she did, she asked my wife to call me to get cake for Tuesday morning. She did not even cook breakfast for my wife on the day she left.

This kind of person does not deserve to treat her well. During her stay, she requested for $500 advance pay as she needed urgently. So I asked my wife to pass her as she was very stressed and I dont’t want her to worry so much as I want her to concentrate take care of my wife and baby. I also gave her time off as she need to meet a client in bugis to get the deposit. In the end, she went more than 3 hours.

She also lazy and always take short cut. She also left herself with good foods. Sometimes she cook her own foods with my foodstuffs in kitchen. During the baby shower, she acted she very pitiful and complain that we never help her to take care of baby (Then I employed her for what and she the one to call my wife to rest in bed and dont’t move around). She also very thick skin, 1 of my friend relative asked her the soup she cooked she came up with the ingredients she said yes. Those soup herbs were bought by me from those pre-packed soup she still dare to say she the one came up with the soup ingredients.

Let’s info all parents about this CL. She even 1 baby cannot take care and she took up 1 case for twin next year. Her name is Meiling, plump, long hair and always burp.

blsc78

Dear mtbs and mummies who are looking for Confinement lady.

Confinement Lady NOT to hire

By some twist of fate I got to look for another CL last min as the one i previously engaged is unable to make it as she met with an accident. By benefit of doubts, I will think that it is a genuine case.
But until now we have not gotten back the deposit which we had paid her thru her daughter, FENG JIE. The CL is Ju Mei.
Just called and check with FENG JIE. I was told that she will pay me my deposit by Sat as she will enter Sg this sat. She promised to pay us by today, 28th but failed to. I think JU MEI CL is a genuinely good CL but their way of handling matters like this just leave a bad aftertaste and definitely affect their future in this confinement trade.
- > In the end they failed to return the deposit until we had to call to pester her for it. The lady even have cheek to demand $100 for 'handphone bill' Only pay us after much hassle!

Because of this incident, i was recommended a CL by the name of Aunty MEI LING. I do not know how true is the recommendations from a few forumers here, as the no. of posts they have posted is less than 10 and 1 less than 90 posts. I still decided to give MEILING A TRY as I am really desperate...but it turn out to be another ordeal.

initially promised to come on Wed,20 Jan 2010 but because I called her a day late, she said she cant come on Wed and will come on Thurs. Wed morning received a call from her saying that her mother in law got into hospital and need to settle everythg before she can come and promised she had already booked her train tix.

True to her words, she came on Fri, but around 6pm. When she told me she will come and reach around 3pm! NVM on this issue.

on Sun,22 Jan told us that his son got into a car accident and will need to go back to settle some issues for him. I do not want to comment on this but from my account, it seems that there are too many issues and problems from her.
She found a replacement CL for us and, luckily the current CL is so much better than her ! Her name is Fang Jie. Jennifer is her Eng name.

this aunt Mei Ling is calculative and even ask me to pay her the cab fare she incurred to come to my house! :bmad: she should not ask for it but i still pay her.

My baby was hospitalised for juandice for 3 days and during these 3 days, Mei Ling is so LAZY bcos never take the initiative to do any cleaning up. For me(if iam a CL) and for my current Fang Jie, we'd sure do something else when we do not need to take care of baby. SHE never! not even want to clear the basin of water I used to clean and wipe myself. I was so angry to 1 point, i bring it out and said very loudly when she say I do not need to bring out. She only got a Big mouth, say only but no actions from her. she is NOT AS GOOD as some had CLAIMED. You can check the threads posted by other pple who recoomend her in the "to look for confinement lady" thread.

The only thing she is good in is she do thng fast, but still not as good as claimed. Her laziness turned me off big time!
you can read the thread in mummysg and see how she is 'recommended'. The content of the post is more or less the same. Set me wonder if it is the same person who post the thread..

IF you want to hire her, think again. She also have the habit of saying her past employers are bad and it is her who always 'fire' them. Now I think her working ethics and attittude is really wrong and there is something wrong. That is why she always have short stinct with some of her past employers, if not all employers.

Confinement Lady to hire

If you need a good and reliable confinement lady who is sincere, you may consider my current CL, Fang Jie. She is more sincere and when you see the way she handle baby, like she treat my baby as her own, you will feel more at ease.

For more info on Fang Jie, you can PM me.

She speaks Chinese, Cantonese, Keh, and some Malay.
Although she only has 6 yrs experience, she issincere and is a good nanny looking after baby.. Nice lady and not lazy. Has initiative and do what is needed although it may not be her job scope..

After reading your post, so glad that I had decided to ask my mum to help instead. Almost chosen that Meiling for my confinement thru my search in mummysg..