Confinement Lady to hire and not to hire

apollo

seems like this CL really really CMI! but in e 1st place, hw ur manage to find this CL? since she is so CMI, still got ppl reco her in forums??

kenxf_03

After reading your post, so glad that I had decided to ask my mum to help instead. Almost chosen that Meiling for my confinement thru my search in mummysg..
Hi blsc,

Glad that u hv made the right choice!! If not, u'll sure REGRET for sure!!

After reading DuffySg's post, I can 200% GUARANTEE that we are toking abt the same person! Her name is MEILING, plump, long hair, always on the phone, boasting how good she is, LAZY and really CMI!!!

kenxf_03

seems like this CL really really CMI! but in e 1st place, hw your manage to find this CL? since she is so CMI, still got ppl reco her in forums??

Haiz, I'm also surprised that there are ppl recommending her. Cos we cant find any good one alr, all fully booked then we decided on her loh. Then came to know that there is only 2 ppl recommending her on diff thread found.

Hb was suspecting whether is her relatives or children who recommended her in the forum loh, say until she's so good! But then the outcome is so so sooooooooo DIFF!!!

After hiring her, then came to know that, I hv "board a wrong ship"!!!

apollo

sigh, I'm also surprised that there are ppl recommending her. Cos we cant find any good one already, all fully booked then we decided on her loh. Then came to know that there is only 2 ppl recommending her on diff thread found.

husband was suspecting whether is her relatives or children who recommended her in the forum loh, say until she's so good! But then the outcome is so so sooooooooo DIFF!!!

After hiring her, then came to know that, I have "board a wrong ship"!!!

it could be someone she knows helping her to advertise.. nobody knows mahh..

anw when hiring a CL, best is to find and confirm with the right CL when u're ard 3-4 mths preg. if u're not the 'pantang type, can confirm at ard 2mth preg. cos good CL usually are being booked v fast.

and best is to find CL thru friends/relatives recommendations. at least the outcome will not have much diffrence.

JMHO =)

sharonc

Hi Stressfulbee,

I am interested in yr recommended S'pore non stay CF lady. Possible to share her name? So I can check w her whether can help me in Feb 2011.

Thanks!

cymk

Hi everyone, I'm a first time mummy and was browsing for info when I came across this thread. I have to confess I am appalled by the acts shared because aunty meiling is doing my confinement right now, ending this coming Sat and she's quite different from what was described by other forumers.

1) She prepares my daily herbal bath and puts it into my master toilet by 12pm. Removes my bathing pail in the evening before my hubby baths, reminding me that I shouldn't carry it (i bath in a bathtub so a lot of bending over needed to put in and take out the pail)

2) Reminds me that I should touch tap water as little as possible, esp at night. She even prepares a hot flask of water in the master toilet so I can mix with tap water and wash with lukewarm water when I visit toilet at night

3) Cooks for me and hubby and eats the same as us; there are even days when she eats leftovers from the previous day or eat even simpler meals. Sometimes I lament that my hubby wastes his food cos he doesnt finish his share and she reminds me that I am not allowed to eat overnight food.

4) She does marketing and returns quickly.

5) Always reminding me to sit down when I drink because it may encourage urinary incontinence given the pelvic floor muscles are still loose.

6) Takes good care of my baby and plays with her often during 2nd half of confinement, both day & night

7) Teaches me breastfeeding posture and skills

Granted she sometimes puts on a black face and speaks little in the morning if my baby refuses to sleep the night before (lack of rest herself?) but she's not rude and recovers by late morning. And as the other forumers point out, frequently on hp games during her rest time i.e. baby sleeping or me not requiring any help from her so we let her be - our thinking is whatever makes her relax/rejuvenate.

In terms of cleaning, she machine-washes my and hubby's clothes and handwashes baby's clothes. Mops the kitchen floor after every dinner and sweeps the house every Monday and Thursday. We have a part-time cleaning lady who comes once a week so we dont't expect her to mop the whole house. Re. hygiene, she may not be uber clean freak but reasonable in my opinion. At least she bathes the baby twice a day.

We chit-chat sometimes and she does mention her previous employers but not always in a bad light. I guess there is a fair share of both kind of employers out there. As in DuffySg's case, she did ask for an advance of $500 to pass to her sister and she went out for a couple of hours but she was home by the time she said she would. She did mention before that if there are potential employers who want to interview her, she'll ask her current employer for permission if she's on the job.

That said, I have to agree with other forumers that she likes to say my baby has wind whenever she throws tantrum. She massages my baby's tummy and back to help her pass air and burp. Hubby dont't really like the tummy part but my baby does look happier when she farts so I'm ok. She didn't attempt to cut the normal teats or maybe bcos we were soon using avent's anti-colic teats so no need for that.

I may be lucky, I dont't know. Or easy-going. But I feel the need to speak up since my experience is vastly different from the rest listed here. In fact, she's only leaving this Saturday because we extended her from 28 to 40 days. We even recommended her to a couple of our friends so we'll wait to hear from them if they do hire her.

By the way she has cut her long hair short but she's still quite big. And I am not her relative.

laisokyen

Hi,

May i know the phone number of her? I was recommended by Aunt. Mary to engage meiling as my CL...wondering they are same person....

Thanks

Valebelle

Hi Mummies,

I have engaged Auntie Siew Hoon (SGP HP: 84203549, Msia HP: +6011 1628 4086) 2 weeks ago & it was a TOTAL NIGHTMARE!

PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE AUNTIE SIEW HOON if you do not want to go into depression!

I engaged her after reading a few good reviews on her online too but she disappointed me greatly! I nearly went into postnatal blues.

On her 1st day, she was very proactive & kept telling me that she doesn't like to be free & likes to keep busy, so she offered to vacuum & mop our house. On her 2nd day, when we woke up, we saw her did our laundry and ironing so we thought she was good! Note: We DID NOT ask her to do laundry, ironing for us. She did it on her own will.

She started showing her true colors after the 1st week & flared up at me on her 8th day, saying that she was unhappy & wana leave on the day, making both my husb & I helpless as we are new parents!

Below are the trauma she caused me during the 8 days when she was with me.

1. My 4 days old baby caught a flu & vomited milk from his nostrils & mouth. Auntie Siew Hoon blamed it on the quality of my breastmilk! She said I took too sweet & heaty food and caused my baby to be heaty. She kept saying my baby is hot and shouldn't be wrapped up so much & guess what, that worsen his stuffy nose. I was so sad seeing my baby suffering from a blocked nose!

2. She kept saying my milk supply is little, cannot satisfy my baby & so, making the baby cry.

3. She offered my baby pacifier when he's crying! Have you seen a 4 days old baby taking pacifier? It's really a heartpain for me. I know it's wrong but being new, I let her do her way. :"(

4. I asked her if there is still enough cheese and bread. If not, I can get my husb to buy more bread, cheese, ham or jam so that she can have some varieties or she can cook mee sua or macaroni for her breakfast too. Then she got SENSITIVE & replied rudely, "I only took 2 pieces of cheese a week & you all are saying I eat alot!" I told her, "Auntie, I'm just asking you if you have enough to eat. I'm worried you are sick of eating bread all the time. We don't care how much you eat as long as you feel comfortable in our house." AM I NOT being nice to her? And she became defensive & asked to go out to buy bread and biscults. I stay in a private & there isn't any supermarket or bakery within walking distance from my house, so I told her to tell me what she needs to buy & I will get my husb to help her buy. And she told me off rudely that "You condo people are so hard to serve. Next time I won't accept any assignment from Condo ppl. You guys won't even allow me to go out to buy bread. So heartless."???!!! Mummies, what did I do or said wrong??

5. She complained we stretched her to the max & made her do so many housework. BUT we didn't ask her to do housework at all! I told her I have a part time helper who comes every wednesday! And she still has the cheek to tell me that she did the ironing only out of good will. I said we didn't ask you to do ironing at all. WTH?!! Now she's putting ALL the blame to us for everything. I even kept asking her to go take a nap & rest whenever the baby zz....Isn't that not good to her enough?

6. Everyday she cooks almost the same dishes for my husb & me. Not much varieties & seems like she only knows fish & papaya soup can boost milk supply. Other than that, she can't make or offer to cook other dishes or soups that can help in my milk supply!

7. She complained that we treated her like a maid. Need her to bring the red dates drink to me & collect the cup after I finish. She said why can't I "zhi dong" bring the cup out to the kitchen after I finish. I thought CL's role is to help mummies recuperate & don't make the mummies walk too much during this 1 month confinement? Is my understanding wrong? If I need to do all these, bring the cups & dishes into the kitchen after I finish & walk so much, I might as well do my DIY confinement. After all, it's my few days after delivery & my wound has not healed!!

8. On her 8th day, she asked to leave on the day itself or give me 3 days notice! OF COURSE, anyone with a sane mind would ask her to leave on the day! AND guess what, she dumped alot of unwashed baby clothes in the pail & really left me in trauma!

9. That's not the end of her. When we asked her to leave, she said we have to pay her 1 day advance payment, meaning we have to pay her salary for 9 days of work, instead of 8 days! What logic is that???! I told my husb, give the money she needs & asked her PACK & GO!

10. When my new CL came, she was shocked that my baby's umbilical cord is still intact, damp & smelly. She said it will cause infection if it is not cleaned well. My new CL felt sad for baby and me that the previous CL did not do a proper cleaning of the cord for my baby & left me depressed. My baby's umbilical cord has now dropped off just 2 days after my new CL took over, whereas Auntie Siew Hoon just gave an excuse that my baby's cord did not drop off because it is a big cord. Stupid reason!

I thought confinement is a period for mummies to recuperate & relax & be happy. But she has really left me crying & putting blame on myself.

Thankfully, I managed to engage my new Confinement Lady from my friend's recommendation. We call her "Chen Tai / Auntie Chen". She's from JB and when she heard my CL left me helpless, she immediately called me a few times to say she will come out immediately to take care of me & baby.

I highly recommend Chen Tai if you need a good CL. My milk supply has since increased from 30ml to 100ml just 1 day after she arrived. She helped me so much, cooked so well, kept talking to my baby & said "Auntie loves you, sayang you..." and encouraged me in breastfeeding.

Chen Tai / Auntie Chen's SGP HP: 84558025 or Msia HP: +6012 3840288

agnes1408

Dear mummies, I am still in my confinement now and the above confinement nanny is so irresponsible.

I had given birth at 35th week, which is around 4 weeks ahead of my EDD, where my original confinement lady was not able to make it as is too last minute and ahead of her schedule. This is total understandable and she intro and confirm for me CL Jin Feng.
Prior she came over SG and my hubby had request a list of items what we need to prepare so to minimize the number of hiccups. We had bought most of items like usual stuffs like wine and lotsa of ginger etc..

The moment she came over, say all the stuffs are not up to her standard and for example she need is 文冬姜 (bentong ginger) and i heard that is not easy to find in SG; most of the ginger in market my hubby visited came from Indonesia. She start her criticize saying very not pleasing words, like like that if I not able to 'release' those gas is not her fault and we are at fault as not able to provide those equipment. This is only of the 1 'interesting' story.

I was thinking that as long she can help us and our baby during this 28 days, we can endure and try our best to fulfill her request. But today (9 Aug 14) which is only 19th days of my confinement, she just came over to me saying that she not feeling well and she need to go back. Without allowing me to response she went back to her room and packed her bag, this really caught us unprepared. We even offer her to bring her to doctor and ask her to rest and etc. But she insisted where we no choice and my hubby rush out to withdraw $$$ to pay for her services.

The most angry part, the moment she got the $$$ and ang bao, her 'acting' gone and it seem she is cured. This is total so irresponsible and at the very last minute the entire family was rushing like mad and at some point we totally clueless.

Hope this lesson learnt by us, can serve as a warning to all.

Her details as follows:

MY Mobile: +60 17 360 8432 SG Mobile: 91561543

Aunty May

Dear Mummies

I am CL. For your information, my employers don't post on forums and thread when I'm good. They are too busy. Normally
I will be rewarded with gifts, sovouneir , big angpow, touching cards(expressing their appreciation and thanks) and even bonus on top the angpow. They will also offer to be my reference for my future employment, which I needed badly as I am active in overseas assignment.

My contact ........teowyh@hotmail com. I am now in Florida ,USA on assignment. Thanks

diorly

BEWARE OF CL THIS JENNIFER LEE HOW SOON

Do not engage Jennifer Lee How Soon HP: 90196830 / +60167448713
(from malaysia confinement nanny) Very very greedy and irresponsible confinement nanny! VERY VERY GREEDY! Even shampoo want to ask customer to provide for her if not must bao bigger ang pow for her! Give her $50 she complain so little! WTF@ Last minute can say dont wanna work! WTF!!!

DO NOT ENGAGE HER! VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!

L

Last edited:

JK929

Didn't realize there is almost a whole thread dedicated to this nanny Meiling from JB. I just posted in another thread about my bad experiences with her and it seems like she has not changed for past few years. Below is an excerpt from my post

"To put things straight, i have no complaints about how she took care of my baby girl. As far as i can tell, she did an ok job and her cooking is fine. She is generally easy to get along with at first. But what really got me riled up is that she had alot of personal issues and kept asking for "permission" to go out.

Her exact reasons are:
(A) Son's customer house undergoing renovation. need to go help settle stuff
(B) Meeting a potential client
(C) Daughter in law stuck at custom, need to save her
(D) Need to see a doc who is in SG for only a week
(E) Need to re-visit the same doc who is leaving SG soon
(F) Pass money to daughter for CNY
(G) 3 days to attend her relative's wake

In all, she asked to go out 7 occasions in 7 weeks with us. When she came back after the wake, she said that she had sprained her leg and may not be safe to carry my baby around. So we proposed for her to go over to my mum's place during the day just for a couple days so my mum and maid will be around to help. And her response was that she would rather leave the job if she had to go over. That was it for me and I told her to leave immediately as I dont't think I can trust her with my baby when she showed this type of attitude. I did a check online and realized that there was another similar feedback about her way back in 2010 in this same forum.

So I guess if you are able to tolerate her behaviour, or if you could manage her better than i did, then she is fine. But if you are a first time mother who needs a lot of help from the nanny then you may want to reconsider. Personally, I couldnt say no to her requests as I had to entrust her with my baby but things got so bad that I rather cancel my plans and tell her to leave. I have my suspicion on what she is actually doing on those "off days" but i rather not speculate here."

Her details - Confinement Nanny Mei Ling / Meiling
+60149126928, 86798337

Some advices to share with those parents who want to hire a confinement lady during the confinement period

1. Liaise with the confinement lady at least 6 months in advance.
  2. Record down the conversation on the confinement price through either text or call
  3. Define the miscellaneous cost such as transportation fee, to cook additional person meal and etc.
  4. Offset the confinement price if the infant happened to encountered Jaundice and stay in the hospital for more than 3 days. If confinement lady doesn’t agree, do not hire
Things do not

1. Purchase any instant Chinese herd package if the confinement lady told you
  2. Pay for the transportation fee unless agree in the beginning of the conversation
  3. Discussed any personal stuff with the confinement lady
Lastly, kindly beware of the below mentioned confinement ladies:
Confinement Lady - CL
In the beginning, have communicated with CL-A (Xiu Mei) and her contact number: +65 90751755 or +6012 3841132. Have confirmed the confinement cost at S$2400 but she has mentioned that if she couldn’t be able to turn up for the confinement, another CL-B (Ah Zhu) and her contact number: +65 85894908 or +6016 6110518 will cover her duty. All the conservation is made verbally.
Few weeks later, my wife has gone through the induce procedure as recommended by the gynae due to the ammonic fluid is low and high blood pressure. Immediately, I contacted CL-A and she has told me to contact CL-B as she is doing confinement for another new born infant.
After contacting the CL-B, we have arranged the date for the confinement. On the day to return back home after resting at the hospital for two days. CL-B only managed to turn up after 2pm and gave the excuse that it is a Sunday and traffic is heavy. However, she still has the cheek to ask for the transportation fee (have gave her as I thought that it is a must).
On the next day, my wife has brought our son to the polyclinic for the usual jaundice check-up and discovered that the level is high around 298. Therefore, the nurse told my wife to send our son to the KKH immediately without making any payment at polyclinic. At that point of time, I was buying groceries and food with the confinement lady. I was very upset that our son has admitted to KKH after returning back home for a day and my wife is depressed too.
However, the CL-B didn’t mention anything and quietly cook three meals for us. I am regretted that I didn’t tell her that we want to cancel the confinement (as I thought that need to pay for the full amount even the CL never complete the whole 28 days)
After 4days, my son has returned home and the CL-B has taken care of him for the remaining 24 days. However, CL-B couldn’t be able to handle him on several occasions and brought him out to the living area and allow him to keep on crying until my wife awake and breastfeed him. My wife supposedly requires plenty of rest during the confinement instead of looking after our son in the midnight.
Furthermore, CL-B has complained on the Chinese herd ingredients that I have purchased but I have told her that those are CL-A informed me to buy before the confinement. In the end, didn’t use much herds and brought instant Chinese herd package as CL-B has mentioned it is better than the herd I bought.
In the end of the confinement, she has prepared breakfast and bathed our son but she want to leave before noon as she has purchased the bus ticket. I could tolerate it if she need to leave early but she should came early in the beginning too.
After sending her down to the flat, she demand for taxi fare from me and I gave her with the confinement fee and an additional hongbao too. After boarded the cab and I went back to my unit, she called me and told me to come down.
She has complained that how come the confinement fee is S$2400, as she was told that it should be S$2600 by the CL-A. I thought that we must have some miscommunication, I told her that I will contact CL-A and settle the fee with her.
An hour later, CL-A called and mentioned that I should give CL-B S$2600 instead of S$2400 but I have told her that in the beginning we have an agreement on the confinement fee but she denied.
Argument, contacting and texting last for weeks. The most furious thing is that the CL-A has keep on criticise me that (“it’s only a few hundred difference and not a few thousand. You should be able to afford it”). It really pissed me off, triggered me to call the police and settle this issue if they called again. Highly suspect that they are in cahoots to each other and persuade the hirer to pay them more than the confinement fee.

Therefore, my wife and I have decided not to hire any CL for our second child after all these incidents.

bad

BEWARE OF CL THIS JENNIFER LEE HOW SOON

Do not engage Jennifer Lee How Soon HP: 90196830 / +60167448713
(from malaysia confinement nanny) Very very greedy and irresponsible confinement nanny! VERY VERY GREEDY! Even shampoo want to ask customer to provide for her if not must bao bigger ang pow for her! Give her $50 she complain so little! WTF@ Last minute can say dont wanna work! WTF!!!

DO NOT ENGAGE HER! VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!

L

I hired Jennifer Lee How Soon because my confinement nanny inform me she couldn't help 1 month before my due date & I was desperate.
A friend ask if I want to try Jennifer Lee How Soon which was recommended by another nanny that isn't available at that time, so I said yes and it was nightmare for me.

She is lazy to the extend she serve me overnight papaya fish soup that wasn't even store in fridge the night before.
Her cooking is horrible, she can steam cod fish & meat patty together using the same dish! and she can serve Cod & meat patty for every lunch if you don't ask what she is making.
Always thinking about excuses to get out of the house, like going to the Pharmacy to buy med cos toothache and she'll be gone for several hours (but bought snacks like curry puff home).
She burned my kitchen's glass backing (I paid $800 for that) & melt the cupboard's ABS trimmings and broke my ceramic knife (she use my Kyocera ceramic knife to cut open fresh coconut).
She's very unsanitary as I caught her washing my baby's swaddle on the toilet floor! That was the last straw and we ask her to leave after 12 days as we couldn't endure her nonsense anymore.

She change her Malaysia Number but her SG number still the same.
M: +60 17 906 3713
S: +65 9019 6830

Think twice if you plan to hire her, she gave me postnatal depression.

Mummy mummy

Don't know whether if it is the same Mei ling I will engage with. What language can ur Mei Ling speak? How old is she? What is her surname? How many yrs of experience did she said she has? Much appreciated it.