CONFINEMENT NANNY FROM HELL

Kokura

WARNING: CONFINEMENT NANNY FROM HELL!!! READ ON TO FIND OUT MORE OR HIRE HER AT YOUR PERIL.

This woman by the name of Meizhen wase recommended to me by her friend - Xiuzhen jie. So I went to the block where she was working at to have a quick chat with her at he void deck. She seemed friendly, understanding and cooperative; she seemed to have all the trait marks that were requisite of a being a good nanny, so I (foolishly) paid the deposit.

When Mei Zhen jie came on the first day & knew that I wanted her to sleep with me & my baby in the same room, she immediately refused & said she would sleep in the next room with the baby as it was empty. Did she just made her own decision instead of asking me?! I was shocked as I thought she was the cooperative kind. At least, she had seem so when I interviewed her a few months ago. Well, folks, more to come.

She was rough when handling ALL my kitchen stuff. E.g. she closed my kitchen cabinets in a very loud manner each time she opened them. So there you go=> BANG BANG BANG! She was so rough that one of the hinges came loose (gasps!:eek:) & now my cabinet door creaks noisily whenever I open it. Mind you, this was a still new house & we are proud homeowners.
She did the same to my refrigerator doors mericilessly. => BANG BANG BANG! And she had the cheek to complain that baby always wakes up when she was the one who created that much amount of noise.

Not only that, she was so rough with handling my kitchen stuff, that a plastic container which I used to keep salt, was distorted out of shape. Mind you, that is not a soft mineral water bottle but a hard one, and she managed to deform it!!! Gasps!

She also frequently complained by making this irritated noise with her lips. "Tsk tsk tsk! Aiyoh! This baby always wakes up! Don't want to sleep! Must whack buttock!" She also said something along the line of "Naughty baby! Always want me to carry then can sleep!" Meizhen jie made that irritating noise & complained a few times each time baby woke up. So can you imagine the number of times I put up with her daily for 28 days??? It was highly stressful & annoying for a convalescing mother.

She was also very inconsiderate & only wanted to do stuff which she found was convenient for her. E.g. She refused to place the kitchen sieve in the basin to trap debris, instead she preferred the easy way of just letting all the food debris be washed into the pipes. My hubby told her to use it & she did not do so. She did not care if it would cause sink chokage in the future because it was none of her business. How selfish could she be? She retorted unhappily "What? You want me to use it???" It was as if we were causing her a lot of inconvenience! My goodness. What a lazy and uncooperative woman.

Are you still reading? Good because there is more hellish stuff to come.
I told her to wash the baby clothes by hand but she did not. She only did it the first few times & subsequently she just dumped them into the washing machine as a way of cutting corners. I only found out towards the end of the 28-day period & I was upset with her. I asked her about it and she said she was busy so she did it. Huh? Do you know that she was often on the phone??? Her calls could start as early as 7:30am & not all calls are about confinement job offers. Most of the time, it was calls from her friends. Sometimes she yakked for so long that I felt her main job at my house was not to take care of mother & baby, but to chit chat. She was cunning not to entertain phone calls during weekends as she knows my hubby was at home. From experience, she knew that usually it is the father who pays the salary, so she wanted to give him a good impression, while revealing her ugly self only to me. What a cunning woman!

More on her laziness. My husband went downstairs to run an errand and just as he stepped out, he felt raindrops, so he promptly called me to get Meizhen jie to bring in all the clothes that were hanging on the bamboo poles. So I went to the kitchen to inform her. Guess what she said?
"No, it is not raining."
"Yes, it is, because my husband is outside."
No, it is NOT."
"Yes, it is, Meizhen jie, please see for yourself," I replied thinking that this time she will finally complied.
'NO, it is not and I am NOT going to bring the clothes in!"
So there you go. That is the real reason she refused to bring in all the bamboo poles. Sheer laziness.

There was once she even had the audacity to ask for a one-day leave as she wanted to stay overnight at a hotel. I was hesitant because I felt that she should not be taking leave as she was only here for 28 days to take care of me & my baby. I asked my mum & she said there was no such thing. How could a responsible confinement auntie even think of doing that? My mum suspected she wanted to spend the night with her lover as there had been many times when she spoke secretively on the phone, even excusing herself to go downstairs to make a phone call on the pretext of buying newspapers. Did she really not think we did not know?

One of the worst things she did was not taking care of herself and this is a freaking BIG issue. What do I mean? Well, she was sick when she came, yet she did not wear her mask properly. Yes, you.read.that.right. She did not wear her freaking mask properly. She was coughing badly and had a running nose & fever.
She let her nose be exposed while only her mouth was covered by the mask. I was shocked to see that & I told my hubby to tell her politely. You know what she said? "Well, I don't like to wear it like that because I find it hard to breathe."

"Sorry auntie, it is not about whether you like it or not. You have to do it because you are sick AND it is YOUR freaking responsibility to make sure you do NOT spread all your germs around, especially to the baby whom you will be in close contact with!!!" I wish I could say the above but I dared not as my baby was in her hand. Instead all we could do was to grit our teeth, smile & remind her nicely to wear it properly.
This she did NOT listen despite repeated reminders!!! She was extremely stubborn!
Not only that, she did not wear the mask at all while she was cooking in the kitchen! So yes, she coughed & coughed while handling our food. How hygienic can that be? Gasps! At the dining table, she used her chopsticks to touch one vegetable, yet she subsequently did not pick it up to eat it! Thank goodness I saw it & did not eat that piece. Can you imagine if I had eaten it & fell sick? I was breastfeeding my baby!

This woman was so dense she continued to eat whatever she liked even though she was sick. She ate chilli padi, peanut butter, biscuits & drank coke. AND she had the nerve to ask my hubby to buy more Coke for her!!! I told my mother about her apparent lack of responsibility & you know what Mei Zhen jie said? She said "I don't like to refrain from eating what I like."
Auntie, it is NOT about you eating whatever nonsense you like but YOUR due responsibility to get well soon by NOT eating heaty food!!! You nincompoop! "Ok, so I did not say the bold part out loud to her, only in my heart, as I had to be cautious about what she may do to my baby.

This woman also had the nerve to ask me to take care of my baby for one night while she slept. I was still terribly weak after one week of confinement and did not have the energy to get up. I stared at her blankly and said, "I'm sorry, I can't." She did not care and walked away to her room. That night, she fell asleep without bothering about the baby at all. At 11pm, as expected, my baby cried. My husband went over to the room & called her. "Meizhen jie, Meizhen jie, the baby is crying."
There was no response.

My husband tried again, this time in a louder voice.
"Meizhen jie, Meizhen jie, the baby is crying!"

There was still no response So this time, my husband shouted her name.
"MEIZHEN JIE, THE BABY IS CRYING!"

THERE.WAS.NO.RESPONSE. She was completely out.

My husband even tried pushing her gently to wake her up but she refused to budge. Finally , my husband gave up after and after changing the diaper, left the the baby alone in the room with her.

There was once I tasted chilli in my vegetables. She knew that I did not take spicy food and I suspect she added chilli to it out of revenge, which brings me to my next point - Over feeding.
She insisted on over-feeding my baby at night, claiming that my baby could drink all. She said "Give more, give more. 80ml."
I was shocked but held my tongue.
Several days later, she said "Give more, give more. 90ml!"
"But Mei Zhen jie, a baby cannot drink so much!"
"Oh yes, babies do. I have been taking care of babies for xx years."

Several days later still, she said "Give more, give more. 100ml!" I was totally flabbergasted and tried to convince her that the amount she was giving was waaay too much but she refused to listen. She was adamant that she was right. I was terribly sick and tired of arguing with her daily and desperate to get her cooperation, I called a Lactation Consultant at KKH who said that a lot of nannies used this trick to make baby drink more so that nannies could sleep properly at night. I was filled with anger of the reddest colour to know what Meizhen jie was up to. How can a tiny baby be forced to swallow so much milk into her tummy??? I could tolerate her banging refrigerator doors, etc but force-feeding??? NO WAY!!! I am the mother & I WILL protect my baby! I refused to let her overfeed my baby & I told her plainly so. Meizhen jie got so angry at one point, her whole body shivered. Wow! That display of anger to her employer!!! Who knows what she did to my baby and food behind my back?

Last edited: