constipation after birth?

jojoki

anyone had this? i dare not really force cos gt stitches... any medic to take? i'm bf.. btw..tks

Hi Jo, drink fibre drinks to soften ur stools so they come out easily hence no need to strain. Like fibrogel, guardian n watsons sell those. Hope it helps.

anyone had this? i dare not really force cos gt stitches... any medic to take? i'm bf.. btw..tks
My gynae prescribed medi at discharge from hospital to help loosen stool in case constipation. Maybe u can check if your gynae can prescribe something to help with it?

LoVeS

could it bcoz of the confinement foods tat ur eating?? U should let ur gynae knw so tat he/she can prescribe sum meds for ya~

jojoki

take prunes or if u dare not force, buy those stools softeners.

i only pang sai 7 days after delivery.
huh??? 7 days?? u serious? first 3 days i farted a lot but cannot shit or maybe dared not shit.. 4th day i started pooing a bit by 6th day i think i never empty bowels properly like harden liao cannot come out.

I took papaya and barley green.. heng ah today came out nice n soft. hehe!!

jojoki

take prunes or if u dare not force, buy those stools softeners.

i only pang sai 7 days after delivery.
huh??? 7 days?? u serious? first 3 days i farted a lot but cannot shit or maybe dared not shit.. 4th day i started pooing a bit by 6th day i think i never empty bowels properly like harden liao cannot come out.

CanCanMum

yeah....serious

but surprisingly i din force leh....came out a strip of soft banana~

i din eat fruits oso leh...but everyday i drink whole 2 litres of tat longan drink~~

u noe why 7 days? Coz no urge ma.....and dare not go....den mum asked me whens the last time i poo....den i rem....lols!!!

CanCanMum

banana wad....where got detail leh?

u wan MORE detailed ones i oso got

length/dia/colour/texture u wan?

GROTESQUE....:001_302::001_302::001_302:crappy cancan

MrsNeo

I think hospital got prescribe medicine for contispation eh?
Can take those.. and eat apples!

Initally my stools were quite hard.. but after taking the med and frequents apples, not as hard already.

Works very good =D

jongivy

I also have the same problem. My baby is 3 weeks old now and I am BF. I constipate until when I pass motion I bleed. Sit down also pain ley. Can take the stool softener like the fybogel or not uh?

yummy mummy

hi dear...
yeah i had constipation too after birth and i had episiotomy too...
was crying in pain in the loo...oh my it was horrible...felt like i was giving birth again!

but the hospital should give you fibrogel and also laxatives to soften your stools and ease passing motion. it sure helped me!
drink lots of water and liquids to soften the stools, too.

take care!

CynCyn

I constipated for like 5days or so . Gynae gave me a type of medicine to aid the constipation .

oblong

i took prunes and papaya and drink a lot of soup during confinement to keep the constipation at bay.