Copycat Mommy friends

Frenchkitty

Does anyone have any Copycat Mommy friends?
I wanna share my story and rant here since she reads my Blog so I cant do it there.

I have a friend who is the copycat kind.. When she knew I was preggy, she also tried for a baby. And when she knew she was also gonna have a boy, she wanted to use the same Chinese name as my son's!
I thought it was weird enough that anyone would wanna name their kid same as their good friend's, but the copying didnt stop at that.

For my son's Full month, we used his hair to make calligraphy brush. When her son turned Full month, she did the same too - but what was infuriating was she actually chose the same brush material, design and right down to the same Chinese proverbs we engraved on my son's brush!
She claimed it was a coincidence but I am dead sure it was deliberate because she saw it on my blog.

Now, she wants to buy the same stroller my son has.. Nothing wrong with fiends having same strollers, but the thing is - she cant afford it and asked me if the shop accepts installments, whereby she already has one stroller given by her sis-in-law, with the same reversible handle functions, same weight specs etc. I can understand if she has a lightweight one and wanna buy say, all-terrain buggy, but why buy 2 strollers of the same design & specs but diff brand just because I have 1??

I think if she knows where Im throwing my son;s 1st B-day party, she will def copy the venue and every detail as well!

She is those type who wont thank you for the things you do for her, but likes to complain about everyone else behind their backs and is the sour grapes kind.
When I knew she was gonna have a boy, even though I knew she was a Copycat, I still gave her all my son's brand new stuff which he never got a chance to wear.
And she still has the nerve to complain that some hand-me-downs her sis-in-law gave her were stained with yellow milk stains, and why give her Disney playgym when both she & her hubby hates Disney, and the stroller her sis-in-law gave her is bulky blah blah.. (though same weight as Combi )..
This is how unappreciative she is as a person.
To tell you the truth, I'd be more than grateful if anyone had me in their thoughts to wanna give me their kids' stuff - free of charge!

Whenever I share with her my happy news, she doesnt seem to share my joy but rather like to be wet blanket and find fault with my "good news". For eg. when she found out we sold our 3yr old Manual transmission performance car for a Continental car for the sake of me ferrying our son, I could sense her unhappiness and she told me that if she had that much $$, she rather buy a Jap car and hire a Ahmad to drive her around. :err:

And with her constantly copying what I do/buy for my son, it's really pissing me off.
I'm thinking of dropping this fair-weathered copycat friend.

what do you Moms think?

Last edited:

littlehelper

yeah this kinda person quite irritation.
gets on ppl's nerve.(Are sure she not on the forum:/?Tsktsk)
Yeah i guess copying cos she thinks its good its ok la.
But like copying your sons name and the brush one is like......! -_-"
And the part where she is ungrateful too....!!!

Heheh ok chill chill take the chillpill.
Mayb she looks up to you take u as role model heh?

apollo

FrenchKitty, i can feel u! cos i am hav such experience and is now experiencing it!

i dont wanna to reveal who the person is but she is someone i not really close or not really know.. but i can guarantee she reads me blog cos i dont believe got so coincidence lohh..

i buy which brand and model of toys for ds, few days aft i blog it out, u will see her blog also update the same toys.. worse is, she even COPY the way i blog, as in how i type my blog, how i 'caption' ds's photos etc...

if really is coincidental, how come EVERYTIME the same??? and how come EVERYTIME is AFTER i buy or do certain things then followed by her?

i feel so pissed off that i nearly 'lock' my blog but my hubby stopped me. he said is v troublesome for my frens who want to read...

my hubby super funny, newyear was just few days ago and many ppl posted their resolutions and my hubby said "the person huhh shd type 'my 2010 resolution is to copy regina's blog 100% and not 99%" OMG!!!!!!!!! HAHA!!!!

frenchkitty, maybe we can add each other on msn and 'complain' to each other whenever we spotted those copy cats. cos we r in e same boat~~~ LOL~~

Phoebii Cheng

I feel that it is no harm copying, but it does gets on ones nerve.......if you feel that u do not want this friend anymore, just drop her......otherwise it might make u feel even more frustrated with her.....and in the end the ending will be the same:tlaugh:

apollo

I feel that it is no harm copying, but it does gets on ones nerve.......if you feel that you do not want this friend anymore, just drop her......otherwise it might make you feel even more frustrated with her.....and in the end the ending will be the same:tlaugh:
i do agree that it is no harm copying esp when the other one needs the exactly same things. but too much of copying is super irritating... haha...

diymummy

Hmmm.. I don't mind others copying me because I also copy other people!!! Wahahaha!

I think it's good to share your knowledge of what's a good buy and what's not. Like when my friend bought a bumbo chair, I also bought one. When they bought a doodle board, I also bought one. Their son is older than mine.

But when others see what I have, they also buy what I have. I personally think it's harmless but I think that's not what you're getting at here.

Think your friend seems like she is trying to "compare" with you? And hence trying to copy and make it seem like she's got it all together more than you.

I feel, just ignore her. No point getting all worked up over someone who really doesn't appreciate it. As for sharing of good news, I'd share it with people who'd share the joy or sorrows with me. Not people who'd feel jealous over my good news or gloat over my sorrows.

I try to help people whenever I can whether they appreciate it or not. But the "friendship" would stop there. It's sad for them rather than for me. Generally helping others make me happy, so why not?

That's my personal opinion.

Ting

i cant stand ppl tt copy me!!
if someone has something nice, i would go for something even nicer or better!
i cannot stand having the same stuffs as my frens.
i see some girls, they wear the same OUTFIT strolling arnd in town, im like.. GROSS!
or they will be in the same design but different colours....? sch uniform huh?!
to me, of cos its normal if say i buy a certain brand of stroller n if its good then my fren buys the same one or a playpen or whatsoever, but to copy me.. WAH KAOS.....

TS,i think if she is the kind of person who is always green of envy(or jealousy) of u, then no harm to stop befriending her.

apollo

i cant stand ppl that copy me!!
if someone has something nice, i would go for something even nicer or better!
i cannot stand having the same stuffs as my friends.
i see some girls, they wear the same OUTFIT strolling arnd in town, im like.. GROSS!
or they will be in the same design but different colours....? sch uniform huh?!
to me, of cos its normal if say i buy a certain brand of stroller n if its good then my friend buys the same one or a playpen or whatsoever, but to copy me.. WAH KAOS.....

TS,i think if she is the kind of person who is always green of envy(or jealousy) of you, then no harm to stop befriending her.
esp when the person copy u alrdy but still sound as if she herself has gone ard doing research b4 buying right?

i also will want what ppl has BUT depends on whether i realli need and lik the thing anot.. lik my fren, she got a kate spade diaper bag, it is very nice i lik it alot but i dun feel there is a need to spend few hundred bucks on a diaper bag..

if one want to copy, just admit that cos u saw who and who have and feel that it might suit u or ur baby.. dun sound as if u alrdy aim tt v long liaoo.. cos if hav aim v long, how come everytime must AFTER ppl get then u get, right? and one thing is, if ppl only 'copy' what u buy, i think is still okay, but some ppl will even copy how the way u said things and e way u blog! tt's irritating!

Ting

yes yes!
hahahahaha! really BTH some ppl!!
this kinda thing i thought only sec sch hv??
haha, lucky none of my gd frens r like tt, if not sure pek chek!

Domique

Dear all....

Copy cat friends can drop... my situation is worst... mine is sil ley...

How i wish i can drop....

pple preggy she also preggy.... people buy this she also wanna copy.... after see we blog wat, eat where, buy wat also copy....
faint...

y people just cannot have mind of their own.....

FrenchKitty, i can feel you! cos i am hav such experience and is now experiencing it!

i dont wanna to reveal who the person is but she is someone i not really close or not really know.. but i can guarantee she reads me blog cos i dont believe got so coincidence lohh..

i buy which brand and model of toys for dear son, few days after i blog it out, you will see her blog also update the same toys.. worse is, she even COPY the way i blog, as in how i type my blog, how i 'caption' dear son's photos etc...

if really is coincidental, how come EVERYTIME the same??? and how come EVERYTIME is AFTER i buy or do certain things then followed by her?

i feel so pissed off that i nearly 'lock' my blog but my hubby stopped me. he said is very troublesome for my friends who want to read...

my hubby super funny, newyear was just few days ago and many ppl posted their resolutions and my hubby said "the person huhh should type 'my 2010 resolution is to copy regina's blog 100% and not 99%" OMG!!!!!!!!! HAHA!!!!

frenchkitty, maybe we can add each other on msn and 'complain' to each other whenever we spotted those copy cats. cos we are in e same boat~~~ LOL~~

TANZHENZHI

Ya i think copying others have is harmless. I also have 1 friend whenever i share something good with her, she will also give me wet blanket then i will ignore and dun share with her whatever good news i have. :) Just share with those who's willing to share my joy and sorrows instead of pouring wet blanket friends. (Forgive and Forget) It's a brand new year! :001_302:

Frenchkitty

Yes I agree, copying some stuff are actually harmless as it allows sharing of info and good stuff in a friendship.. Like buying same bags or clothes or stroller I still can accept because that's wat girlfriends do.

But copying the SAME NAME of my son? hubby & I took pains to go through Chinese name books and matched the Lunar horoscope and characters before we derived @ my son's Chinese name. It is something we hold dearly to our hearts and the name will follow my son for LIFE. I dont expect my good friend (of all people!) to nonchalently just use it!

And what's supposed to be a personalised calligraphy brush made from my son's hair (we chose the wood material, the box, and flipped thru the booklet of wat Chinese proverbs to engrave on the brush) and we prayed to our ancestors on the very same morning of his Full Month after his hair was collected to be made into a brush.
These are very significant and important things which mean ALOT to my family & I and I'd appreciate a simple decency to at least ask my permission whether she can use it?
And NOT just shamelessly outright copy his name and every detail of the brush and pretend that it doesnt matter??

She just told me thru SMS that she thought my son's name was very meaningful so she wanna use it. She didnt even bother if it was OK to us, as his parents, as the people who took great pains to choose the name, as her GOOD FRIEND (if she even treated me as a good friend) whether it was alright with us. It's like telling Coco Chanel her 2.55 flap is very nice and so I'm gonna copy that design, and not bothering whether it is permitted.

And for the brush, she claimed that it was a coincidence. Did she really think I was so dumb??

Anyway I've decided for the sake of my son and for my own sanity I shall drop her since if there is anyone in the losing end, it is her.
hubby & I have gone through great lengths to plan our son's 1st B-day bash, and I'm not gonna let someone outright copy our venue and ideas and pretend it was a coincidence without even the courtesy to say Thank You.

Last edited:

apollo

Yes I agree, copying some stuff are actually harmless as it allows sharing of info and good stuff in a friendship.. Like buying same bags or clothes or stroller I still can accept because that's what girlfriends do.

But copying the SAME NAME of my son? hubby & I took pains to go through Chinese name books and matched the Lunar horoscope and characters before we derived @ my son's Chinese name. It is something we hold dearly to our hearts and the name will follow my son for LIFE. I dont expect my good friend (of all people!) to nonchalently just use it!

And what's supposed to be a personalised calligraphy brush made from my son's hair (we chose the wood material, the box, and flipped thru the booklet of what Chinese proverbs to engrave on the brush) and we prayed to our ancestors on the very same morning of his Full Month after his hair was collected to be made into a brush.
These are very significant and important things which mean ALOT to my family & I and I'd appreciate a simple decency to at least ask my permission whether she can use it?
And NOT just shamelessly outright copy his name and every detail of the brush and pretend that it doesnt matter??

She just told me thru SMS that she thought my son's name was very meaningful so she wanna use it. She didnt even bother if it was OK to us, as his parents, as the people who took great pains to choose the name, as her GOOD FRIEND (if she even treated me as a good friend) whether it was alright with us. It's like telling Coco Chanel her 2.55 flap is very nice and so I'm gonna copy that design, and not bothering whether it is permitted.

And for the brush, she claimed that it was a coincidence. Did she really think I was so dumb??

Anyway I've decided for the sake of my son and for my own sanity I shall drop her since if there is anyone in the losing end, it is her.
hubby & I have gone through great lengths to plan our son's 1st B-day bash, and I'm not gonna let someone outright copy our venue and ideas and pretend it was a coincidence without even the courtesy to say Thank You.
oh dear! ur fren really too over!!! name also copy?? but not to wry, the name is calculate specially for ur baby ahd it only suits him =)

as for ur baby's 1st bday, DONT blog abt it, DONT mention abt it until the day itself den reveal it all... her baby younger right?? r u going to invite her? if not inviting her, den maybe wait until her baby's bday over then u blog abt ur baby's bday party. lik tt no chance to copy.. haha...

Ottermum

you should rant about her on your blog...let her know how disgusting you think she is... if you've decided to drop her...

Ms Garfield...Ms Heathcliff...Ms Tom...Ms Sylvester...Ms 招财猫!!!

just reveal that your son's birthday venue will be at Mac donald's!!! :tlaugh:

apollo

you should rant about her on your blog...let her know how disgusting you think she is... if you've decided to drop her...

Ms Garfield...Ms Heathcliff...Ms Tom...Ms Sylvester...Ms 招财猫!!!

just reveal that your son's birthday venue will be at Mac donald's!!! :tlaugh:
what a great idea! haha.. or just say ur son's bday will be held at ur void deck! den the next day she will go book her void deck for her baby's bday.. LOL!

Ting

LOL~
its bad, but i think she deserves it!
hahahahaha~
then INNOCENTLY blog abt the real venue after her son bday is over.
LOL!
if she asks, say, last min MIL gv surprise party for your son!
LOL!

apollo

LOL~
its bad, but i think she deserves it!
hahahahaha~
then INNOCENTLY blog about the real venue after her son bday is over.
LOL!
if she asks, say, last min mother in law gv surprise party for your son!
LOL!
if me, i will just say "last min one..anw i dun lik to report to ppl on EVERYTHING" HAHAHAHAHA!!