Cord round baby's neck

hammiebao

In my 37 weeks now.. Dr say baby having 2 rounds of cord around his neck.. Dr asked hubby and me not to worry but have to monitor bb's movement.. Anyone has the same problem?

minako85

In my 37 weeks now.. Dr say baby having 2 rounds of cord around his neck.. Dr asked hubby and me not to worry but have to monitor baby's movement.. Anyone has the same problem?
Either u need to monitor ur baby movement Really very closely or ask for induction or c sect... Because u nv knw when something might happen , touchwood. I read in another forum b4 got one mother when she noticed reduce movement of her baby is too late cuz e cord ard e baby's neck is tightened. U nw alrdy 37 weeks consider full term so is quite safe to go into labour le...

PTB7476

Either you need to monitor your baby movement Really very closely or ask for induction or c sect... Because you never knw when something might happen , touchwood. I read in another forum before got one mother when she noticed reduce movement of her baby is too late cuz e cord around e baby's neck is tightened. you now alrdy 37 weeks consider full term so is quite safe to go into labour ...
yah i will tell the gynae...let's go OR straight away... i dun want to be scare for the remaining 3 wks if gynae say can wait i will challenge the gynae why wait and wat are the odds of it not harming the BB etc

ellyeun

i read somewhere induce might stress the baby, causing the cord to tighten, aint sure how true, but check with gynae again!

angelwendy

I think is better for u to get a c sect done asap.. because sometime the cord will get tighten.. then baby will be at risk..

Madako

In my 37 weeks now.. Dr say baby having 2 rounds of cord around his neck.. Dr asked hubby and me not to worry but have to monitor baby's movement.. Anyone has the same problem?

my 1st daughter was caught in breach position.
luckily i chosen c section. she was found with cord 3 rounds her when she was delivered at 38 weeks. i think u can try to do a c sect asap, if possible...
n avoid the all fours on floor position. i heard its not good for baby.

apollo

if i were u, i will ask my gynae to perform a c-sect for me asap to prevent any mishap. since the bb's neck is alrdy rounded by the cord, 2 rounds somemore, i think better give birth asap, no point keep waiting.

minako85

if i were you, i will ask my gynae to perform a c-sect for me asap to prevent any mishap. since the baby's neck is alrdy rounded by the cord, 2 rounds somemore, i think better give birth asap, no point keep waiting.
Ya lor dun wait anymore... Do smth asap...

Anw e gynae also one kind... Y ask u dun worry... Hw can nt worry n ask u monitor movement somemore... I would have scold her right there if she tell me tt... Siaoo..

candy_ian

I wld advise u to monitor your baby movement for today n when the clinic opens tmr go down n c your gynae again. 37 wks is considered full term so even if u were to deliver the bb it is safe. Weigh the consequences if u were to wait. Get yourself mentally prepared for a c-section in order not to risk the child. :)

Seriously, shldn't wait. Just go for c-sect and get baby out.. ur 37 weeks now, its considered full term so dun need to worry. My gynae says all it takes is just 5 mins...so shldn't wait.

keefu

Did your gynae still recommend to have natural delivery? I think better to schedule for C sect in case when you move sometimes the cord tightens and you not feel it, will strangle the baby...

Juz17

I was waiting impatiently for my baby since 36 weeks. Then I'm so scare of c-sect n for my 37th n 38th week check no dilation yet. On the last few days of 38th week my baby did not move much. I was so scare that we call gynae n he ask me go Thomson Medical Center immediately to do ctg. It's a Sunday so his clinic not open. Eventually the ctg scan is ok cos baby heartbeat healthy. My gynae then ask me go back to his clinic on monday to follow up. I still hear my dear baby healthy heartbeat but told doc I still feel something wrong cos really very little movement. I ask my gynae scan my cord position he then saw cord on my dear baby neck one round loosely hang!! Omg! Though is loosely hang, I'm so scare. Immediately I opt for c sect the next day morning. I'm so glad that my baby is clever enuff not to move so much in case the cord gets tighten. Frm the wait till op time, I can't sleep n dont dare move much scare he move.
Am glad I made the move cos dear son is a healthy baby now!
So pls go ahead n c sect Yr baby out! Jia you!

PTB7476

I was waiting impatiently for my baby since 36 weeks. Then I'm so scare of c-sect n for my 37th n 38th week check no dilation yet. On the last few days of 38th week my baby did not move much. I was so scare that we call gynae n he ask me go Thomson Medical Center immediately to do ctg. It's a Sunday so his clinic not open. Eventually the ctg scan is ok cos baby heartbeat healthy. My gynae then ask me go back to his clinic on monday to follow up. I still hear my dear baby healthy heartbeat but told doc I still feel something wrong cos really very little movement. I ask my gynae scan my cord position he then saw cord on my dear baby neck one round loosely hang!! Omg! Though is loosely hang, I'm so scare. Immediately I opt for c sect the next day morning. I'm so glad that my baby is clever enuff not to move so much in case the cord gets tighten. Frm the wait till op time, I can't sleep n dont dare move much scare he move.
Am glad I made the move cos dear son is a healthy baby now!
So pls go ahead n c sect Yr baby out! Jia you!
TS decided to wait and see cos her gynae assure her ...this is quite common

Juz17

TS decided to wait and see cos her gynae assure her ...this is quite common
Icic...when my gynae told me my dear son gt one round loosely hang on his neck, he can 'relax' n arrange next day for c-sect but I'm super worried n stress over it! I cannot sleep too! Hope everything is ok for her. :)

PTB7476

Icic...when my gynae told me my dear son gt one round loosely hang on his neck, he can 'relax' n arrange next day for c-sect but I'm super worried n stress over it! I cannot sleep too! Hope everything is ok for her. :)
i know what you mean cos i would be worry sick too :tlaugh: and i too will go straight for C sect that every day ...

Juz17

i know what you mean cos i would be worry sick too :tlaugh: and i too will go straight for C sect that every day ...
Heee...:) u Noe when I mention abt inducing at my 37th wk check up, my gynae mention something abt 'still-birth' then from then on, been looking thru website on more details all Tat! Nitemare. Guess I'm too easily stress....

PTB7476

Heee...:) you know when I mention about inducing at my 37th wk check up, my gynae mention something about 'still-birth' then from then on, been looking thru website on more details all that! Nitemare. Guess I'm too easily stress....
haha...anyway your worst fear is over already ...now it is enjoyment time

I will be worried too. If i will her, i sure opt for c-section for the safety of the baby.
well it is up to individual :) TS must have her reason for doing what she did :)

xicloudix

go c section ASAP.....

i was at Kk, i demanded for induce as i feel my baby too heavy (they dun even wan to weigh him yet, ask me go to weigh at next appointment!!! from 34weeks, they only scan him once), they still ask me go home, although i am 37weeks, they say can't induce...

my hubby at there kbkp demand for induce, end up induce, make me wait long long also, coz they say induce muz have schedule, 1st time heard abt this, my sister in law induce also go in induce liao, where got schedule...(their face not happy haha)... lucky i demand induce my boy when came out, has cord around his neck tightly.... my hubby didn't get to cut his cord... once out, the nurse cut and faster bring one side unlock the cord... and try to make him breath and push tubes to suck his throat or something(can't see).... finally he cry very very loud... all the nurse very relief! they say let him cry.... coz in the stomach he ate his own shit already..... so now its good for him to cry... clear lungs... but i see my boy very very poor thing... his mouth all red red due to the sucking... so heart pain, it subsides very slow (around 1-2 weeks)

stick to ur instinct.... dun listen to those stupid doc... lucky i nv wait... or i will be regreting now...