Cost to have a maid

Rukia

I am thinking of getting an indo or myanmar maid to help take care of my baby. Just wondering how much does it cost per month to hire one?

Maid's salary -
Levy - $170
One time agency fee -

Anything i miss out?

TanJ

No experience abt 400-420
Experience 450
Maid insurance abt 300 plus
Agency fees it depend in which agent u go.

Sephiana

I just checked regarding this yest. Agent fee for fresh maid abt $388 (the cheapest i get so far) and experience is $488. Their CIP course $75. Insurance abt $200 plus. And maid loan abt $3k (maid 8-9 mths salary pay to the agency). First u must take an online course to produce cert to the agency. Course is about $30.

Eliza

I am thinking of getting an indo or myanmar maid to help take care of my baby. Just wondering how much does it cost per month to hire one?

Maid's salary -
Levy - $170
One time agency fee -

Anything i miss out?
Policy for Indo maid have to check with agencies. As of 1st May, Indo maid will take a bank loan themshelves instead of employer paying for the loan. However, the agency fee will go up from $388-$688 to $1200-$1500. Indo maid will take roughly about 30-45 days for processing. Indo maid salary from $420 onwards
Myanmar maid remains the same policy. However, it is quite difficult to renew their work permit after their passport expires. Myanmar maid salary $380 onwards
Insurance depends on the insurance company and some will add run-away fee as well so you bond will only be forfeited partially and not full should she run away. About $170-$350(?) not sure.
You will have to provide all the necessities for maid as well as food and it can come up to roughly $60 per month on top of her salary. Anyone who says additional $20 a month for necessities and food is under budgeting. So, do some math first before employing.

zaclin29

Upfront costs:
1) Transfer maids:
Agency fee ($380 to $700) + Insurance (abt $300) + Maid's loan upfront (usually = to 1 month's pay)
2) Ex-Singapore:
Agency fee ($380 to $700) + Insurance (abt $300) + Maid's loan upfront (usually = to 3 to 4 months' pay)
3) Fresh maids:
Agency fee ($380 to $700) + Insurance (abt $300) + Maid's loan upfront (usually = to 6 to 9 months' pay) - some agencies accept postdated cheques for the maids' loan but will ask for higher agency fee

Insurance of abt $300 is for their hospitalisation & medical insurance + runaway bond. Runaway bond means you need to fork out $250 only instead of $5K if your maid runs away or get pregnant, etc. If you opt out of the runaway bond, the insurance is about $260+ but if the maid runs away, then you have to pay the govt $5K.

Monthly expenses for hiring a maid = Maid's salary ($420 to $450 for Indonesian) + maid levy $175 + maid's necessities/food $60 = ~$700

Rukia

For maid's loan, do we pay first then every month deduct from maid's salary? So if we pay 6 month loan, does that mean for 6 months maid got no salary?

MommyDioR

I intend to hire a philippines maid.. so far I enquire ones the agency fees are 550bucks to 650bucks.. any recommendation of cheaper and reliable agency with lower agency fees?

And where do I go sign up for the first timer course to produce the cert to agency?

Thanks!

my agency charges me $188 for agency fee last Dec (discount was $288 initially. the agency says 1 yr free unlimited replacement, but each maid must use min 1 mth - i wouldnt want to change unless there is a good reason. very troublesome).
burmese maid fresh $420 per mth (but my current one is really not good - u can look up my posts in this forum)
maid loan $2,800 (for 7 mths maid gets $20 each mth)
insurance i bought the slightly better one at $321

now i am waiting to get a new filipino maid & my current burmese maid who has been with me from jan to now will go back to agency. new filipino maid $420, insurance $321 + POA compulsory coz philippines' regulation $48+, SIP $75 coz of spore got new ruling wef 1 May to replace English course.

i provide toiletries for my maid too. subsidised levy $170. initially $275. my baby is born in jan but jan no subsidy. subsidy only kicks in the following mth. food for maid (my maid eats a lot!!! 8 slices of bread for breakfast, rice = what my hubby & i eat) so i think my maid cost abt $1,000 per mth.

lucia121

Cost depends on a few factors:
  • Experience
  • Country
  • Agency fee
  • Insurance type
  • Transfer or fresh hire
  • Subsidized levy
Generally, upfront cost about 1.3k if you engage an agency (excluding placement fee for fresh hire). Yearly cost about 15K for salary + medical checks + medical expenses + food + utilities + transport + insurance + levy.

Check out this hiring cost page for the breakdown of cost.

For agency fees, the range varies really big, so must make sure that you clarify the details before choosing the lowest. May end up paying more.

lucia121

I intend to hire a philippines maid.. so far I enquire ones the agency fees are 550bucks to 650bucks.. any recommendation of cheaper and reliable agency with lower agency fees?

And where do I go sign up for the first timer course to produce the cert to agency?

Thanks!
I think you are looking for this? http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-foreign-domestic-worker/eligibility-and-requirements/employers-orientation-programme-eop

Can book online and walk in too.