crazy neighbor.... help......

Last time I live at my mum's place, there is this neighbour live 2 floors below us. Her family burn a lot of hell money, idk why she dont burn downstairs inside the tin. Her immediate neighbour have a jesus chirst cross from silver turn into brown. N the firemen came a few times cos the smoke can go from 7th floor to 12th floor (highest level) ppl thought on fire. Police came also no use cos they said it is under religion. Hate this neighbour man, hope one day ppl burn hell money for her. Now my mum side have lift upgrading think not so bad now...
oh my goodness!! That is so bad! I mean the christian neighbour must have been such nice tolerant people to stay around even after their religious artefect had been turned brown by the smoke!!!

My upstairs neighbour have the nasty habit of throwing cigarette butts off their windows and landed in my living room floor whenever I am at home and left the windows open. A few times it was in my kitchen floor. And once, it landed on my bedsheet and burned 2 holes! I hate these people! Want smoke, throw in a dish lah! And there was curry on my air con latch as well. Dunno what's wrong with all these curry-throwing people. Curry must go out of the window and onto other people's laundry is it.

They also pound chilli like anytime they like without a cloth underneath the pounder. And when they party, the whole neighbourhood can hear the bollywood music they are playing
But thank god I heard they are shifting away.

aIDa81

Thank you for starting this topic,

My neighbourhood is worst, Im not sure if this is the right spelling, "lok tang" they lived the same blk as us, almost every wkend and sometimes wkday pass 10pm -midnite, got the big gong/drums/bells the whipping on the grd, ppl singing loudly cheering like hving n auction, but nobody dares to complain, just incase they found out who and we kena black magic. I still remember that time during my confinement they use the lion dance drums and bells, can u imagine its not even new year. I just wonder how town councils approve permit for them. We got no choice but to tolerate.. I think calling the police also no use hope they move out soon.

ali50n

oh my goodness!! That is so bad! I mean the christian neighbour must have been such nice tolerant people to stay around even after their religious artefect had been turned brown by the smoke!!!

My upstairs neighbour have the nasty habit of throwing cigarette butts off their windows and landed in my living room floor whenever I am at home and left the windows open. A few times it was in my kitchen floor. And once, it landed on my bedsheet and burned 2 holes! I hate these people! Want smoke, throw in a dish ! And there was curry on my air con latch as well. dont know what's wrong with all these curry-throwing people. Curry must go out of the window and onto other people's laundry is it.

They also pound chilli like anytime they like without a cloth underneath the pounder. And when they party, the whole neighbourhood can hear the bollywood music they are playing
But thank god I heard they are shifting away.
The christian neighbour have make complains before but HDB cannot interfere as it is under religion. My mum dun want to complain as she scared later they confront her...

ali50n

Thank you for starting this topic,

My neighbourhood is worst, Im not sure if this is the right spelling, "lok tang" they lived the same blk as us, almost every wkend and sometimes wkday pass 10pm -midnite, got the big gong/drums/bells the whipping on the grd, ppl singing loudly cheering like hving n auction, but nobody dares to complain, just incase they found out who and we kena black magic. I still remember that time during my confinement they use the lion dance drums and bells, can you imagine its not even new year. I just wonder how town councils approve permit for them. We got no choice but to tolerate.. I think calling the police also no use hope they move out soon.
U can tell the police not to say who, normally they will just say that they had received complaints that they r raking noises. According to what I know after 11pm if the noise still persists u can make a police report on that. For the lion drums n bells u can check with HDB no use talking to town council.

amran

Alpha Male
wah that bad i belive they are not local?
so far my neighbour was very good even after i migrated :)

i remember one incident my hdb flat is next to a secondary school and at 5:15am those student who came early to school start playing drum and trumpet!!!

i call the police and they dont belive me at first!! then i put the phone out of the widow and let them hear.

10min later i saw the police car at that school

dunno why people are not sensitive abt others really sad :(

pipilili

I seriously need to rant about my parent's neighbour.

The Corridor - Occupied by 2 families
The Neighbour - PR from Middle East. Stay in a 3.5 room HDB flat.
Parent - Stay in corner unit which is also a 3.5 room HDB flat.

The issue started when this ME neighbour spoke to my mom about the plants which were occupying the front part of his window view. My mom shifted her plants since the neighbour is not happy. One fine day when I returned to my mom's pl, this ME neighbour wanted 'a word' with me & I readily agreed. (I so regretted it)

1. He started telling me that we already own a corridor inside of our hse (parent's pl), and we should put the plants in the hse and not outside the hse.
Then he started ranting about HDB rules and regulations with me, which I am absolutely clueless.
2. He ranted about his flat is in a terrible state (main gate with peeling paint, windows never wiped)
3. On top of that, he indirectly mentioned that our family has many kids since we bring our children home every weekend (imagine 7 grandchildren below 10 YO, the amount of noise!!). He offered us a solution - close our main door!
4. He also explained his bicycles outside his house should be kept in the house and not outside. Then he 'fingerpointed' that we should also keep the children's bicylce, pram in the house instead.

(I do not want to continue his list of ranting)

My point is:

1) He is a Middle Eastern neighbour who moved in about 1 yr ago and I think he is very rude to tell us that we "already own" the corridor inside of the hse and should put the plants in the house. My parents have stayed in the neighbourhood for 30 plus years and we never had any issues with our neighbours. We had Malay and Chinese neighbours and have been living very harmoniously all these while.

Why is this fella from ME so rude? If he is so unhappy with the state of the neighbourhood then don't purchase the flat! Obviously, he cannot find another place within/below his budget, that is why he need to move to this neighbourhood. And after moving in to this neighbourhood, he need us to accomodate you! (even when I mention to him to find a win-win situation, he was so adamant about it)

2) He mentioned how terrible the state of his flat is. Seriously, is that our problem. He can paint his gate/door and even wipe and clean his bloody windows but neither his wife or him do it. So, to cut the crap, they are just full of crap excuses and dirty. I honestly feel like showing fellow Singaporeans how dirty the front door area looks like. And how much spider webs are surrounding the windows! And he claims it is all our fault??!?!?! *weird*

3) Now the govt is trying to promote 'kampong living' and this ME neighbour is asking us to shut our door. Honestly, none of our neighbours have ever mentioned about noise level to us except him. I used to have Malay neighbour who has more than 10 ppl in the household...and their main door is never closed, yes, even at night! We nvr had any issues! This ME is complaining about our noise level....I feel like recording his bloody dog barking every afternoon and play it to him! *TMD*

4) To some extend I agree that bicycles should either be kept indoor or downstairs (common area to lock bicycles). But those of us who live in SGP will know how many theft there are involving missing wheels, etc from bicycles.

I don't mean to speak nasty things about this ME neighbour but I do hope they are being educated about our lifestyle in Singapore. They have a choice. If they want to stay here, then learn about our culture, not we learn about theirs! Gosh, it's making me detest foreign talent more and more.

Do we seriously need these bunch of jokers to be in Singapore? It's making the environment very hostile and I hate it! Can our gahment pls do something about these PR. Can we QC them or chase them to stay in condo. They want to control and complain about us. TMD, this is Singapore...if they(PR) are not happy then don't stay here. They want atas but cannot afford it(condo)...TMD, puiX3.

ali50n

Video cam his reaction n attitude, post in fb n tell ur friends to share.

U will c gov body will start to do work when the video doing rounds in FB.

noisyneighbour

Hi there, me have been having issues with my noisy and inconsiderate neighbours. They have creating constant noise nuisance early morning and late at night. I have talked to them and it doesn't help.

I have created a dedicate forum for sufferers like myself to share your experiences and lesson learnt. If you have successfully resolved it, hope you can share with us as well. Do share with your friends about the page and hope we can use the portal to highlight to the relevant parties how bad noise nuisances can be and more actions needed to be done. The page is as below:

Noisy and Inconsiderate Neighbours Experiences Discussions

Please participate and share with your friends. Let us work together and help create a less noisy and inconsiderate community.

Not easy to have bad neighbours! do try to communicate and reason things out! if not maybe need to seek mediation with HDB.

kelly79

we are facing with our downstair neighbor who has just moved in 1 year ago.

It happened since July this year. The noise complaints we have allegedly been receiving from this Indian lady since July this year. She claimed that she has been hearing footsteps stomping coming from our house. Subsequently, we then has had the authorities( Town Council an RC) checking on us on multiple occasions. We believed that we has done all we can to accommodate this neighbour’s request. However, she refused to let the matter rest. The matter has bring distressed to my whole family.

Below are details of what happened:

1) Ard July: she approached us by ringing out doorbell. She then claimed that she has been hearing stomping footsteps constantly. She claimed that the stomping sound are so loud that disturbing her beloved dog napping at home. She then looked into our house from outside the doorstep and saw my 5 year old younger kid in the living room. My kid was walking around the living room. Immediately, she came to a conclusion that my kid is the one who is causing the noise. However, we tried to reason out with her in amicable way that our kid is only 5 and weight around 23kg. Kid may run or jump around the house occasionally but definitely not the whole day. Unfortunately, she refused to accept this . She claimed that her dog is sick and need to rest at home.

2) Ard end of July: She approached us again at our house. This time, instead of ringing the doorbell, this neighbor banged our door forcefully and loudly. The aggressive banging frightened my kid and my elderly mother. When we opened the door, she told us the same story again that her dog is very sick and need rest. We told her that our kid will run around but always . However , this neighbor claimed that she is retired educator and kid must be taught by parents.she then threatened us to call the authority against us.

3) ard early August: we received call from town council about the noise complaint. We explained to the officer on the whole scenario , hoping that the authority could help us to convince the neighbor. However it seem to be in vain

4) ard early September:RC staff approaches us at our house. We explained to the staff in hope that he can help us to solve the issue. We even explained to the staff even we are not sure the so called noise that she had heard is coming from us, we try to accommodate by spending a $50 to buy a thick carpet to lay on our living room. We even come to the point that we are so panariod ,each time we see our kid playing or running in the house. ,we will constantly remind him to stop. I'm not sure in long run, is this a healthy way of disciplinary if we constantly restricted a kid to be active at home? Unfortunately, after all these accomodation, it seem in vain again

5) 8 Nov: the town council staff and the RC staff knock on our door again on the same issue. This time, we asked if there is any concrete evidence that the noise is from our unit, the staff explained that neighbor had let them hear a voice recording ( from hp) . We are not sure why a voice recording can be an evidence? But the staffs confirmed that they cannot hear anything on her recording. The neighbor also claimed that our 15th floor neighbor could also hear the sound( we are staying at 17th floor). You may verify with the officers.

6)
Today at 1.15pm , the neighbour came to our door again. Again, she banged our door loudly and forcefully. This time, when we opened the door, she complained that there was noise again.

She threatened us that she will call CMC( community mediation center) .

Before this confrontation, she had also spoken to the TC office( Angela). For your kind information, my kid was in school from 10.30am to 12.30pm this morning. We are not sure what kind of noise she claimed that she had heard. During the confrontation, the neighbour also used a finger to point fiercely at my kid.My kid was so petrified and hid behind my elderly mother. Her action traumatized my kid

We went to NPC to lodge a police report for harassment and threatening.

Unfortunately, the senior police officer told us that for such a case, they are unable to handle it unless we call the police immediately when the neighbour harasses us.

Having had enough of these constant complaints, It has been distressing to our family

We wondered:

1) without concrete evidence, we are puzzled that the authorities keep checking on us?

2) what if the neighbor is having hallucinations or mental issue? And what if each time, illness relapse, the person start to call town council or other authority again Does it mean that each complaint, the authorities has to check on us again and again?

3) During this pandemic period, most of the families are stay at home ( either WFH or HBL). We are staying in a HDB flat whereby noise from neighbors can be heard everywhere

We are perplexed that the fact my son only weight 23 kg and he does not run and jump very hard at home everyday or 24/7. Is it the running from a 5 year old kid will cause such a huge violent shaking on the ground or perhaps, is the noise tolerance level of this neighbor is relatively low?

Due to this constant harassment and non stop authorities checking on us, I have been going through sleepless nights and every time our door bell rang, I started to get paranoid again that we may be treated like criminal again interrogated by the authoriti

We are all busy working parents with young kids unlike this retired neighbor who are so free .I heard from the TC officer that we are the only neighbor she complained. She also complain her next door neighbor. she even complain the corridor dirty and complain the cleaner very rude to her when she confront him .

Oh my goodness, I can totally understand how frustrating and stressful it must be to deal with a crazy neighbor like this. It's so unfair that you have to put up with all that noise and disturbance, especially as a young mother. I can imagine how hard it must be to try and get your baby to sleep with all that drilling and hammering going on.
It's crucial to remember that you deserve to live in peace and quiet. I also had to deal with an insane neighbor sneaking peaking into my windows at night while I was putting my baby to sleep. And also, it's important to know how to stop sextortion if it takes place.

Last edited: