creams for stretch marks

Lotus

I used Palmers Cocoa Butter every day and night with the first and nothing with the second pregnancy. Both times I came out stretch mark free.

Funnily enough when I was pregnant with the first my gyane told me that I wouldn't develop stretch marks due to my skin type - I have no idea what he meant by skin type. But he said that after 30 years of seeing pregnant women certain skin is more prone and it doesn't matter what creams you put on. Who knows????

V

valeriegoh

Have been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter every day and night since 10weeks. Am on my 4th bottle now (250ml each). So far so good!

Hi,

Could anyone please recommend some creams that are good at preventing/minimising stretch marks when my tummy grows.

Thanks!
Hi Satellite,

You can try Mustela Maternity 9 months double action stretch marks cream, its not oily and has a nice fragrant.
However its pricer than palmer's cocoa butter, each bottle is $59.90 from Kiddy palace.
I bought 2 bottles but delivered early so still have a new bottle. If you want i can sell it to you.:Dancing_wub:

CarolOng

If anyone is thinking of getting elancyl pre-preg stretch-mark creme, the promotion is still on at Guardian pharmacy...

2 for the price of 1. $47.30 for 2 tubes. Jus gotten mine jus now. bought 4 tubes =)

Hope that it'll works...

xiaofeifei81

Alpha Male
I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter n oso Nivea Lotion..applied once during nite tym..both relli work wonders for me..i dun have a single stretch mark..but most importantly is to drink lots of water for moisture..but not too much la..especially iv u dun exercise coz u'll suffer water retention from it.. :001_302:
Hi, i saw your comments above and would like to try your formula, please advise where can i get Palmer's Cocoa Butter in Singapore and which type of Nivea Lotion did you use?

mandymtb

Hi, i saw your comments above and would like to try your formula, please advise where can i get Palmer's Cocoa Butter in Singapore and which type of Nivea Lotion did you use?

i hv a slightly used tube of palmers cocoa butter, letting go cheap. if interested, pls pm me. :)

stonston

i used organic olive oil and organic jojoba oil. cheap n good :) totally no stretchmarks at e parts i apply (tummy area n butt area) but breasts got alot of stretchmark (cos i din expect must apply breasts also!)

Ros0818

hi hi, i'm using palmers cocoa butter for strectmarks fm 7mths onwards, as it oni appears fm 7mths on my stomach... after applying almost every day, my stomach gets rashes & became very red & itchy... so doctor advises me to stop using it... just use calamine lotion and prescribe me some medicine for the itchiness...

MrsNeo

I used to apply palmers.. but not sure why, i still gotten stretchmarks.
worst, the more i apply, the more worst it grew.

after birth, i found 1 stretchmark cream that works perfectly well on me.

i realise my stretchmarks has fade alot.

can be ordered online too =)

this is the one i'm using currently..
StarHealth Pte Ltd

JazN

mine is brand new comes with a free body gloss (bought recently in beginning '09). tried to sell it but i guess to many items on sale over this forum

jloh

Am using Palmers' as well...jus started last nite..ald a little itching...but if use with nivea lotion...do i apply b4 or after the palmer? anyone can enlighten me??

annie

Does any of these creams have a strong smell?? or contains shea butter? I can't stand the smell now ..
so far ive tried a few brand of stretch mark cream n oil n the only one without smell at all (whether be it nice or bad smell), is chicco's. u can try to get that. its good imo. no smell, smooth and easy to apply.

JazN

Am using Palmers' as well...jus started last nite..ald a little itching...but if use with nivea lotion...do i apply b4 or after the palmer? anyone can enlighten me??
Hi, I'm not using either but i think it's best not to mix lotions. just my thoughts.

i'm allergic to Palmers while some mothers in this forum have no problem. thus i think you stop using either of the brand which is causing the itchiness as it may worsen

mummy5

hi, my massage lady use special oil during my pre-natal massage when i was 4mth pregnant the oil is to prevent from scrath mark she told me...

yukimaxx

yah i agree. Mustela is good. cos i didnt have any stretch marks till recently, am into my 8th mth. Just need to apply generously and rub in circular motions and u see the marks diminish substantially!.. i think is pretty amazing.