creams for stretch marks

Satellite

Hi,

Could anyone please recommend some creams that are good at preventing/minimising stretch marks when my tummy grows.

Thanks!

badtzzz

just try not to scratch it..it prevents hving stretch marks...

i tried e massage cream and it doesn't seems to work...

lonerjas

I tink is just ur luck and body ba.. SOme ppl don apply anything oso don hv marks some apply everyday oso hv marks..

but if u worry mayb can try Eylancl ( i not sure speeling correct not ) my fren used tis and recommend me. Althou i alot marks from 1st preggy le i just wanna appl see can help to light during 2nd preggy not...

Actually if you are not dry skin type the chances are not so high to have stretch marks

madalene

same here, am using Elancyl (green box & bottle) - can be easily bought from guardian and pharmacy. i bought 6 bottles last time at Thomson Medical Centre. They got special offer - 2 bottles for $47+ (half price)
so far, i applied since my 2 mth till now (36 weeks), finishing the last bottle soon.
seems ok.

my frens all also quite resommend this.
u try la

Pink daisy

It's good stuff but if am not mistaken elancyl products do not cater for preggie women, pls check?
I think it mostly depends on each skin elasticity....i apply after baths day & nite (using vichy that time) afterwards n still use the body shop body butter on top of it...it's been fine & glowing till entering my 5 months then zzzrrrrttt, start breaking a bit here and there...so annoying...what is most all these nightmare were taken place in just 1night!
Hardly can believe myself....

same here, am using Elancyl (green box & bottle) - can be easily bought from guardian and pharmacy. i bought 6 bottles last time at Thomson Medical Centre. They got special offer - 2 bottles for $47+ (half price)
so far, i applied since my 2 mth till now (36 weeks), finishing the last bottle soon.
seems ok.

my frens all also quite resommend this.
u try la

lonerjas

It's good stuff but if am not mistaken elancyl products do not cater for preggie women, pls check?
I think it mostly depends on each skin elasticity....i apply after baths day & nite (using vichy that time) afterwards n still use the body shop body butter on top of it...it's been fine & glowing till entering my 5 months then zzzrrrrttt, start breaking a bit here and there...so annoying...what is most all these nightmare were taken place in just 1night!
Hardly can believe myself....

OOh they have preggy range leh... Is meant fro preggy use de.. My fren but from TMC ( thomson medical ). They oso have range fro pre-preggy anad post-preggy le

lis

I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter n oso Nivea Lotion..applied once during nite tym..both relli work wonders for me..i dun have a single stretch mark..but most importantly is to drink lots of water for moisture..but not too much la..especially iv u dun exercise coz u'll suffer water retention from it.. :001_302:

Happymummy81

I use Palmer Cocoa n Avent still also have stretch marks. My Gyne told me depend on ur body, if already good she already sell. :Dancing_tongue:

myangela

I use Palmer Cocoa mayb oso start to apply when about 2mths. No stretch marks mayb it's true depend on ur body.

qristeele

I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter from my second month onwards but after hitting the 5th month, my tummy started to itch like mad. No matter how much cream I apply. Bought the Mothercare massage cream instead and no more itchy belly. :Dancing_wub:

Celina

I used to use clarins tonic oil for tummy, but it really depends on our own skin + body, some maybe genetic that they dun have stretch marks. But some still has it thou their mom dun. My frd doesnt apply at all, and she's darn lucky she dun have the slightest marks..

badtzzz

I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter from my second month onwards but after hitting the 5th month, my tummy started to itch like mad. No matter how much cream I apply. Bought the Mothercare massage cream instead and no more itchy belly. :Dancing_wub:
i bought mothercare massage cream and i still feel the itchness at times...i guess it really depends on every indivi mummy...but will these stretch marks fade off after giving birth?

January84

i bought mothercare massage cream and i still feel the itchness at times...i guess it really depends on every indivi mummy...but will these stretch marks fade off after giving birth?

me nv use cream, only use powder to stop itchness. My stretch marks fade off completely.

Satellite

Thanks all. I was a scientist and read some research paper on whether cocoa butter would work but it has no effect. They did a test on equal number of women with cocoa butter and nothing. For both, the same number had stretch marks (47%).

I will try other things.

html2008

Hi, I used Pigeon Stretch Line II which my friend helped to get from japan and found it effective for me. No stretch marks appeared during pregnancy and after birth. Anyone interested to try to use this? My friend bought too many tubes for me and I still left 1 last unopened tube.

jojoki

I'm using Avent Body Indulgent Cream. I love it... and not too pricey around $23.9? Its mosturizing enough for me and not too oily. I tried Palmers/ Olive Oil/ Virgin Coconut Oil but all gave me a pimply bump. I heard stretch marks can be genetic, if ur mum din had it chances u wont. My mum din have for all 3 of us but she swears by virgin olive oil! For me at 26 weeks I've yet to have but I dont dare to say for sure cos they say will start to show at 7-8 months onwards. So keep my finger cross and meanwhile have to keep slapping those creams on!

think_pink

I also read before that stretch marks some kind of depends on your genes.
My gynae also stated that if your skin is not the dry type, most probably you'll have little or no stretch marks.
Maybe depends on how much your tummy expands also?
I was told that you'll need to apply the cream/ lotion/ oil as soon as you find out that you're pregnant.
Once your tummy stretch, it's no use to apply already.

I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter. Although I don't like the smell, there's no choice.
My friend applied Baby oil, then Palmer's Cocoa Butter. Day and night. She has no stretch marks.
She said that her sis in law applied the Baby oil. No stretch marks too.
Some of my other friends use olive oil.

Lotus77

My friend recommended Mothercare stretch mark cream - she got some stretch marks but it disappeared within two months. After reading all your posts, I think I will experiment on myself and apply some cream as well... ekekeke....

I'll be using Aloe Vera with Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E, which brand I dont remember (its upstairs and I'm too lazy to go check.... we bought 4 bottles to stock up for HB and me).

As an added measure, I'll be doing tummy massage with gradual friction and manual skin stretches (pulling) to soften the whole skin layer (epidermis and dermis), so that it'll stretch gradually and nicely... before my tummy 'kaboom' in size.

My theory is.... why not stretch it slowly to accomodate the booming tummy?? Coz you know the tummy will 'boom' starting from the 5th month onwards. I dunno lar..... kekeke... I'll try it out and tell you girls later....

PS. Anyone want to join me??.....