Cruise

sean-tan

Re: star cruises

tks so much for e feedback mummies, seem like u gals do enjoy ur cruises. if i were to book, it wil be t star libra, is there any diff frm star virgo? but it seem expensive, my hubby , me n my cumin to 2yrs old gal cost bout $1200+. is e price suppose to be in this range. once again, tks for all e feedback. =)

LWP6998

Alpha Male
Re: star cruises

hi mummies, anyone been to cruises before. which is nice, and hw do i start about gg into it? what do we exactly do in e cruise? reali blur and clueless. feedback pls. thanks a million =)
Perhaps try going for a cruise to nowhere for a day or 2 first... they will berth at international waters... and you be relaxing on board the cruise.. and see if you like it... before planning for long cruise holidays... :tlaugh:

Lynnie

SuperStar Virgo is their latest cruise ship. More impressive actually, more facilities also.
They are having promo now isn't it?

noodle

Just wondering if anyone has been on a short cruise holiday with young kids. I have three kids aged 4, 6 to 10. Been looking at the many ads in the papers (eg Royal Carribean & Star) they look like fun. Hoping if someone could share experience, recommendations or tips on how to survive

Ting

my parent did bring me n my sisters when we r arnd tt age.
for kids, its fun cos new experience.
if i rmb correctly, they hv movie theatre, buffets, arcade n swimming pool for kids.
the one i went was star aquarius, the first one, so very small.
ive been to star virgo, its much much much bigger, n the play area for kids also much bigger.
at night, if im not wrong, they hv activities for the family on the deck. shld be quite fun for kids. :)

jaymumys

hi noodle,

Carribean were too expensive for us.
we just went on Super Star Virgo and we stayed on the 8th floor. paid abt 1k for family of three. it was a fruitful 3days 2 night trip. first experience for me. being a "sea-sick" prone person, i do have mild sea sick on first day of aboard.

was very impressed by the sauna near the kids play pool. had a really relaxing 2 days. All fees include the food and stay. there's about 5 restaurant serving buffets for you to venture. not all are good. but what do you expect from a ship that is constantly on the move and with international staffs?

We did not try the meditarrean as it's all north indian food buffet, and were swam by indian tourist.

Was impressed by the friendliness of what the staff portray. The lunch at Bella Vista was the best amongst all. With very beautiful scenery of the ship front. Something like Dinning in Titanic Dinning Restaurant with Tall wide ceiling drop glasses to overlook the sea from the front of the restaurant and if you get to sit by the side, you are literally dinning above the sea.......

But do note the big amount of food they served you. As they served according to number of people on your list, you may wish to remind them to serve you only 3 portion if you have more children than adult.
Otherwise, it'll result in plenty of waste food.

Nice compact room with clean bedsheets and toilet.
We stayed at deck 8.
visit their website:Welcome to Star Cruises

feel free to ask me if u need more info. :)

serenelm

Just wondering if anyone has been on a short cruise holiday with young kids. I have three kids aged 4, 6 to 10. Been looking at the many ads in the papers (eg Royal Carribean & Star) they look like fun. Hoping if someone could share experience, recommendations or tips on how to survive
juz like u, i hv 3 kids n hv been wondering how to go on a cruise wif them cos i tink they oni allow max 4 pax in a rm... somemore, my kids are all still very young - 7 yrs old, 5 yrs old & 11 mths old), so can't let them sleep separate cabin/rm... sigh...

cui_er

I just booked 1 3d2n star virgo cruise for me and hubby. Very very excited about it cos first time going for a real holiday with hubby ever since the kids. Lots of questions...
Read on the website that the restaurant will charge a minimal fee for opening your own bottles of wine so i thought can bring up our own wines. And when i asked the tour agency lady, she also said can, as long as finish up and don't bring when disembark. But when i read the ship info she printed out for us, it's stated in bold that we're not allowed to bring anything alcoholic. Any idea which should be correct? And if we're not able to bring up wine, if purchase onboard will it be very expensive?

Also, how many restaurants are those included for free meals and which ones are better? For checking in at the star cruise centre, heard that will have super long queue, true?

Thanks! :)

tums

Hi there, I recently took my 6-year old along on a cruise with Royal Caribbean and he had such a good time! There was an Adventure Ocean thing on the cruise, which is like an activities center for the children, and they have experienced staff to look after the kids and keep them occupied. My son kept wanting to go back! Aside from that, there're other activities you can do with your kids like mini golf, indoor/outdoor jacuzzi/swimming pool, and of course the food! They also put really cute towel animals in your room after housekeeping, i think the kids will enjoy that. ;) my boy was very excited to return to the room everyday to see what animals were visiting!

Gumi

Hi there, I recently took my 6-year old along on a cruise with Royal Caribbean and he had such a good time! There was an Adventure Ocean thing on the cruise, which is like an activities center for the children, and they have experienced staff to look after the kids and keep them occupied. My son kept wanting to go back! Aside from that, there're other activities you can do with your kids like mini golf, indoor/outdoor jacuzzi/swimming pool, and of course the food! They also put really cute towel animals in your room after housekeeping, i think the kids will enjoy that. ;) my boy was very excited to return to the room everyday to see what animals were visiting!
Hi tums
Can I know what type of cabin were you staying at that time cos I noticed there are a few types and what is the tour package that you have taken up? Can share here? TIA.

tums

Hi tums
Can I know what type of cabin were you staying at that time cos I noticed there are a few types and what is the tour package that you have taken up? Can share here? TIA.
Hi Gumi,
I stayed in a Junior Suite (got a $3 room upgrade from booking a balcony stateroom!), so there was plenty of ample space to fit all of us comfortably. And I didn't take a tour package, I booked directly from the site! Are you thinking of taking a trip?

Gumi

Hi Gumi,
I stayed in a Junior Suite (got a $3 room upgrade from booking a balcony stateroom!), so there was plenty of ample space to fit all of us comfortably. And I didn't take a tour package, I booked directly from the site! Are you thinking of taking a trip?
Hi tums
Yes, I wanted to bring dear son for this cruise which I've heard from mummy of this forum that it is fun especially for the kids.
My child is now 16 months and I intend to bring him there around November or December but I've not decided on which package to (eg. 4 days/3nights or 5 days/4 nights.
I've actually called up 1 travel agency and that person told me that I've got to take up the 5 days/4 nights package to entitle for the $3 room upgrading, is it true?

tums

Hi tums
Yes, I wanted to bring dear son for this cruise which I've heard from mummy of this forum that it is fun especially for the kids.
My child is now 16 months and I intend to bring him there around November or December but I've not decided on which package to (eg. 4 days/3nights or 5 days/4 nights.
I've actually called up 1 travel agency and that person told me that I've got to take up the 5 days/4 nights package to entitle for the $3 room upgrading, is it true?
I don't think you have to take up a min 5days/4nights package to be entitled for the $3 room upgrade, though.. Why don't you check out the website: Royal Caribbean Cruise – 3rd anniversary promotion or email Royal Caribbean directly? I think the rates are about the same.

And yes the activities for the kids are really enjoyable, my boy had a blast of a time there. I think they have special activities for younger children too, like parent&child activity sessions :) You should try!

Gumi

Hi tums
Definitely I'm going to give this a try. Frankly speaking Ive not brought him to any short trips from birth till now.
I think he will like it cos he loves to play in the pool because he likes to play with water .. :tlaugh: and also other activities which I think he will enjoy it.

The more I think of it the more I feel like going now. :wong29:

Anyway, thanks for sharing. :tlaugh:

tums

Hi tums
Definitely I'm going to give this a try. Frankly speaking Ive not brought him to any short trips from birth till now.
I think he will like it cos he loves to play in the pool because he likes to play with water .. :tlaugh: and also other activities which I think he will enjoy it.

The more I think of it the more I feel like going now. :wong29:

Anyway, thanks for sharing. :tlaugh:
Haha it's really good fun and quite relaxing you should really consider it! :) Haha no problem, I hope my input helped!

tums

Hey mummys,
One of my friends told me that Royal Caribbean's having a promotion now where Kids get to cruise free! So if you're thinking of taking a cruise holiday with your kids, now seems like a pretty good time :)

I just booked 1 3d2n star virgo cruise for me and hubby. Very very excited about it cos first time going for a real holiday with hubby ever since the kids. Lots of questions...
Read on the website that the restaurant will charge a minimal fee for opening your own bottles of wine so i thought can bring up our own wines. And when i asked the tour agency lady, she also said can, as long as finish up and dont't bring when disembark. But when i read the ship info she printed out for us, it's stated in bold that we're not allowed to bring anything alcoholic. Any idea which should be correct? And if we're not able to bring up wine, if purchase onboard will it be very expensive?

Also, how many restaurants are those included for free meals and which ones are better? For checking in at the star cruise centre, heard that will have super long queue, true?

Thanks! :)
I just came back from company cruise. We took the Star Virgo. A couple of my colleagues brought hard liquor in and everything seems fine... so i guess it shld be alright. :) And the restaurants that are included for free meals about 2-3. Its mainly either international cuisine or chinese cuisine. And kids have their own kids section buffet. I think children will really love it alot! Planning to bring my girl there probably end of next year.