Current maid loan

ping26

Hi mummies,

I like to check current practice on maid loans.

Presslink - quoted $3200/8mth for indo maid. Upfront payment. Salary $400, ex m'sia
Agent fee $380

Pls share. Thks.

kittyyeo

hm... den i think i had a expensive agent... i paid 788 for agent fee... $450/mth for salary... i just send my maid back to the agent yesterday...really bth... dunno is it i expect too much from her... as of loans i am not sure abt it... cuz nid to wait till the maid here den know... the agency i went to service is good... btw i change from Myanmar to Indon maid...

Jonevieve

hi Pink26,

I think the amount u have spent is considered much more reasonable.

I just got my new maid recently too. Agent fee $588 excluding all other documentation. Added all up plus insurance is $1209. Mine is Philipino maid at $450/ mth. I find all these too expensive after I told my friends and checking with other agencies too. End up also never get a good maid... Giving me tons of headache and shocking news everyday since her first day here on last Monday. Thinking of replacement but heart pain on losing all the $$$$ spent... Agency told me is unlimited FOC replacement for 2 years... but must add another $900+ on documentation and insurance just to get another replacement... This is ridiculous!! Is not FOC at all!! I feel kena cheated... Anyone can help based on your experience?

ping26

hi mummies,

thks for yr replies. Pls name your maid agency & branch. We really need to share information so that agents don't get to rip us off anymore.

hi Pink26,

I think the amount u have spent is considered much more reasonable.

I just got my new maid recently too. Agent fee $588 excluding all other documentation. Added all up plus insurance is $1209. Mine is Philipino maid at $450/ mth. I find all these too expensive after I told my friends and checking with other agencies too. End up also never get a good maid... Giving me tons of headache and shocking news everyday since her first day here on last Monday. Thinking of replacement but heart pain on losing all the $$$$ spent... Agency told me is unlimited FOC replacement for 2 years... but must add another $900+ on documentation and insurance just to get another replacement... This is ridiculous!! Is not FOC at all!! I feel kena cheated... Anyone can help based on your experience?
Pls be aware that the insurance is refundable. If you cancel or transfer the work permit within 180days, the agent is supposed to refund a pro-rated amount to you. Pls read the insurance contract. The insurer refunds the amt back to the agent within 1-2 mths. You have to CHASE the agent for the amt. Some agents will pretend to forget. My first agent, Swift Arrow (Chong Pang) took abt 5 mth. When I realised they didn't refund me at 3rd mth, I gave a call. At 4th mth, I scolded the lady who was defensive & unrepentant.

Tell the agent you want to apply for insurance yourself (income $300, incl bond waiver) & threaten to lodge a complaint with MOM or CASE.

In another thread, pipilili mummy shared that she got a maid from one of the 16 maid agencies which are now charged with price-fixing. Maybe you can PM her. Basically, I think you have to make a lot of noise at the agent to get a fresh maid with lower pay.

In May, my sis agent quoted $380 for fresh filipino maid w/o off-day. But some filipino may try to get a higher pay or different working conditions by getting a transfer.

sufeit0115

hi mummies,

thks for yr replies. Pls name your maid agency & branch. We really need to share information so that agents dont't get to rip us off anymore.
I think I kena ripped off...My 1st agent charged me $888 for agent fee excluding insurance (only 1 replacement within 6 months) Added up insurance total was $1,209. In the end maid cannot make it. They have branches at lucky plaza and marine parade, agency name is Unixxxxxx. They rated their maids according to level 1 to 3, Level 1 is $888, Level 2 is $1188 and Level 3 is $1,288 (something like that) so if I'm going to get the "free replacement" from Level 3, I need to top up my agency fee from $888 to $1,288. I felt so fed up with them so decided to change other agent and transfer current maid myself cos their "after-sales" attitude was bad (very much different from before sales).

My 2nd agent charged $388 excluding insurance.

Last edited:

hpc

My agency charge filipino salary S$380,loan is 8 1/2 mths,indo salary S$400,8mths loan,x-clude insurance.Insurance is refundable if maid is return to agent within 2 mths,all must pay out front loan. No agency fee is collected but some maid supplier need to pay agency fee.