cyst in ovary

tj nora yenti

hi everyone,

i am now 5 months pregnant, yesterday went to KKH and the doc told me that i have a 8cm cyst.
but its not harmful. he also say once delivered, see the cyst got decrease or not.

if not have to operate it to take it out.

anyone had it b4?

what's that? i was worried when i went for the detailed scan and the nurse over there told me.

but the doctor who check me say it's alright. its not harmful.

Carisella

hi everyone,
i am now 5 months pregnant, yesterday went to KKH and the doc told me that i have a 8cm cyst.
but its not harmful. he also say once delivered, see the cyst got decrease or not.
if not have to operate it to take it out.
anyone had it b4?
what's that? i was worried when i went for the detailed scan and the nurse over there told me.
but the doctor who check me say it's alright. its not harmful.
Oh oops.. stupid me.. i actually replied asking u where's the cyst..
Just asking, were u ever diagnosed with PCOS?

MummyJan

I have cysts in both my ovaries before i was pregnant. Doctor says my chances sre conceiving as compared to others are slightly lower. I'm under undergoing medication not a need for operation.
Don't worry, tj nora yenti!! Sometimes cysts might go off in months time.
Now i'm 3 months pregnant alrdy, doctor no longer mentioin abt my cysts(i assume shld b fine). Only saying ter's a bit of fabroid in my womb.
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/members/tj-nora-yenti/

tj nora yenti

thanks for both of your reply.

btw, jus call me TJ, i am a singapore citizen =).

anyway, my doctor say that this is harmless. but it cant b taken out now as they will need to operate.

he also mention that the cyst maybe become smaller.

if it's still there, once i have given birth, then they will operate it out.

hopefully it will b gone by that time. it scare me alot. lol.

MummyJan

No worries tj, i heard of similar scenarios like u!! Sometimes after birth, the cysts will come out together with the placanta(if i nt remember wrongly) ;)

Mummy to Baby V

I've a 5+cm cyst too. Obgyn says it's just a harmless water cyst, so don't need to bother about it.
However, if it grows bigger and gets twisted, may be painful and need to tell obgyn.

Any operation can only be done after 14 weeks. Else, just monitor till delivery.

Relax and all the best! :)

izanyzam

Before i was married,i had a cyst in my right ovary..I had no symptoms prior to the discovery.Suddenly one day i was bent over in pain like a shrimp..Couldnt sit up let alone stand..Went to my family GP..Polyclinic before going straight to Changi hospital as asked to be warded.

By den the cyst was quite big and my ovary was already twisted coz it was trying to push the cyst out.I had to undergo a keyhole surgery to remove my ovary.

The emotional pain i had to go thru after the removal of my surgery was even more painful than the physical one.A lot of people (even my ex bf..!!) told me that it would be hard to conceive.

Few years later,im married.Conceived my first pregnancy during my honeymoon but unfortunately it ended up in a miscarriage.A few months later conceived and gave birth to my first son..And conceived my second son wen my boy was 8months old..So it doesnt mean with just one ovary,you cant have children.All is in God's hands so stay positive and keep on trying no matter what people say..!! :001_302:

hi tj, i had a friend who also had a cyst in her tube. at that time she was still in her first tri and she did not feel any pain. doc assured her that everything was going to fine and she can have it remove after giving birth. but her family wanted her to go ahead with the surgery to remove the cyst. she went along the cyst was removed successfully but she lost her baby. but she did tell me that the cyst was already fully formed after the removal of it.

she's very upset about losing the baby but she's still young and chances of conceiving again is still the same.

not trying to scare u in any way but jus to share the exp of my friend to u.. =)

if there's no pain and doc says it fine that i'm sure its ok to do it after birth =) take care..

AngieTan

Hi TJ,

I just found out that i have a 7 cm cyst and currently 14 weeks pregnant... I am worried... How is your situation now?

tj nora yenti

Hi TJ,

I just found out that i have a 7 cm cyst and currently 14 weeks pregnant... I am worried... How is your situation now?
hello, my next appointment is on the 18 june which is next sat.

so far, my previous appointment, doc say its alright, as the cyst is still the same, so he told me not to worry about it, when i give birth that time, if the cyst is still there, then maybe will fix an appointment to have it removed.

hmmm, you can check with your doctor about it. dun worry be happy.

AngieTan

hello, my next appointment is on the 18 june which is next sat.

so far, my previous appointment, doc say its alright, as the cyst is still the same, so he told me not to worry about it, when i give birth that time, if the cyst is still there, then maybe will fix an appointment to have it removed.

hmmm, you can check with your doctor about it. dun worry be happy.
My gynae say wait and see... If wanna operate now, is basically to see whether it is benign or malignant... Think he isn't too worried about it affecting baby... But just worried the situation can't wait or if the cyst grow bigger during the process of waiting... Just scared that it will affect baby as have heard of cyst growing together with baby or growing so big it deprives baby's space in the womb... =/

Carlisle

Cysts are not that uncommon during pregnancy, It happens in a lot of women and they have no reaction. just trust what the doctor says.

AngieTan

Obgyn told me if it hurts at the cyst site, then go for a check. Sometimes, it grows too big and gets twisted, so starts to hurt.
But I read that if it gets twisted, it will be super painful so I don't think so... It's just occasional cramps... Besides, when I mentioned this to my gynae, he does not seem too concerned... So really hope it's nothing wrong...

tj nora yenti

But I read that if it gets twisted, it will be super painful so I don't think so... It's just occasional cramps... Besides, when I mentioned this to my gynae, he does not seem too concerned... So really hope it's nothing wrong...
dun worry so much =)
cheer up.

if ur gynae say it's fine when you asked means its fine.

most important is b happy. dun worry