Daddies,Mummies,pls take note!

Hi all, wanna share w u what happened to my son recently to raise awareness.of this disease that might be passed off as a bacteria infection. It is actually Kawasaki disease.

On 6jan, my son suddenly came down with a slight fever around 12midnite when he was sleeping. it quickly escalated to 39.2°c n my hub rushed him to KK A& E. the doc said its a viral flu n was sent home to monitor his fever.The following day it stayed.at 39+ degree thru out the day n we sent him there again.

another assessed him n we were instructed to tepid sponge him while waiting to.keep him cool. a dose of Brufen was given to him n we were told to wait ard in the clinic for one hr to wait to c if he has an allergy to it.
After the long wait he had a few red rashes at his back n doc said its heat rash n we were sent home again to wait for fever to subside.i asked d doc wat if he still runs a high fever when home? she said its normal n to go back to c them only if it reach 42°c or if fever lasts 5days or more.

The following day it was still high at 39.6 n he looked

The following day it was still high at 39.6 n he looked very drowsy. i felt somethg was v wrong n assessed him n found a lump at d side of his neck. immediately we rushed him to thomsondical n called for dr Ang who quickly admitted him for blood test n all. it hurts t c him jn pn ain n with s many needles n tube..Brufen was.given to him again 3x n he started having amgry r rashes all ove r his face n body. they stop all med n observed him. the next day he started having red eyes n doc suddenly suspected its kawasaki.if left untreated it will lead to heart attack or even sudden death. i broke down n cried n he was sent for gamma treatment intravenously
by now he was really weak n it hurts to c my mischievious n active boy so limp.Gamma treatmt is to prevent damage to his coronary vessels .

He remained in icu till he got better ytd bu.t he gotta be on aspirin med which is unsuitable for children but used exceptionally in kawasaki trestment. he needs to get a heart scan few weeks later to chevk if any damges had been done to his heart. i really pray hard he will ne fine.

Parents, pls do not take it too lightly if your child has a persistent fever. u can google about this disease n learn more d symptoms.we r glad we followed our instincts n not some doc advice. treatment is really exp n make sure u have insurance covered for ur children. my poor boy is only bout 16 mths old

cn211279

Thanks a lot for the advice and sharing. Be strong, I know it is heartbreaking to see your small child suffer.... Hang in there, because of your instincts, your baby will be fine.

Thanks a lot for the advice and sharing. Be strong, I know it is heartbreaking to see your small child suffer.... Hang in there, because of your instincts, your baby will be fine.
Thanks .. hope he will be fine n pray theres no complications by then..

MamaPo

Thank you very much for sharing this with us... We wish your little boy the best of health and to recovery really soon.

JazN

Thanks for sharing this! Because of your vigilant your son will be well with love & care from both of you parents.

Be strong & take care too.

shermyn

Thanks for sharing. Will take note of it and esp children around me.
Hope your son will get well soon.
Hang in there~~~~

Been so long since i logged in. Thanks, ladies!anyway his weekly blood test results are improving. gonna go for heart scan again next week. really pray hard everyday his heart dilation will get better. ever since he's hospitalized for this disease, he became v clingy n i csnt do anything at all with him holding on to my legs everyday. Have to take care of my 3mths old as well. really tired out. Hope to let more mummies know of this disease.

yuki12

Good to hear that his results is improving! Stay strong mummy! Thanks for sharing, this created an awareness as I am a new blur mummy.

Jiayou and God bless!

redjn

Is kind of sad reading thro' your kid issue but I am glad that currently his condition had improved. Be strong as he need all the support you can give though it is hard for you to take care of 2 kids at this time.

I wish you all the best & may your kid be discharged for home very soon.

Thanks ,mummies! went for his 2nd heart scan ytd n his heart dilatation has improved! but still gotta go for regular heart scans.thank u all mummies for the ecouragement!