Delivering in TMC anyone?

Sweetooth

Im delivering in TMC this June. Any mom just delivered here recently? Care to share your experience? Wanted a to book a 2 bedded but i heard usually they upgrade those who chose 4 bedded to 2 bedded for free!

Jojoai

I want to know as well ! Any mummies care to shre their experience like what is really needed or not. :) thanks !

Prinzessin

Its true about booking a 4bedded room n will get upgraded to 2bedded room depending on availibility but most of the time u will get it. Their nurses are friendly n helpful too. I packed my pyjamas but ended up using their hospital robes all e way..i changed my robes daily :)

I had my c-sec last sept, overall I satisfied with their service. The nurses were always ready to serve whenever I rang them & very helpful. I also stayed in 2 bedded room, my visitors said it was like hotel room LOL...
If you check on their website you will find what you need to bring when delivering.
Thomson Medical Centre

Ummi

Im delivering in TMC this June. Any mom just delivered here recently? Care to share your experience? Wanted a to book a 2 bedded but i heard usually they upgrade those who chose 4 bedded to 2 bedded for free!
Same!! My edd is in June too! But ive booked one bedded. If 2 bedded can our husband bunk in too?

desiree94

So for TMC have to book gyane also?
Now I under KK thinking wanna go TMC a not =(
Coz every time go KK checkup is different doctor as under subsidy and not every time go got scan cannot see baby also =(
But for KK consultation is around $30+ and with scan is $80+.....
Can anyone tell me how much do you pay every time when you go TMC for checkup, be it scanning, see doctor or any test etc.?
Are there any packages and is it much more cheaper?
Please advise. Thanks!

Hi, I signed up a package of $550 at Dr Ang clinic at sun plaza sembawang. At week 20, I went for full scan at TMC & it costed abt $120, this cost different from the package & paid at hospital. I delivered my baby last sept via C-sec at 34 weeks due to water bag burst & stayed at 2 bedded room. Total hospital charge abt $6K, once you are admitted must pay deposit $1200.. But I don't know the charge for subsidy...

desiree94

Hi, I signed up a package of $550 at Dr Ang clinic at sun plaza sembawang. At week 20, I went for full scan at TMC & it costed abt $120, this cost different from the package & paid at hospital. I delivered my baby last sept via C-sec at 34 weeks due to water bag burst & stayed at 2 bedded room. Total hospital charge abt $6K, once you are admitted must pay deposit $1200.. But I don't know the charge for subsidy...
So the package you sign must pay on the spot $550? Only for consultation and how many times it will be?

You can pay on spot $550 or pay every time you come up to total $550. If you pay more than $550 you can claim back the balance, so better you keep the receipt. This package last till you are abt to give birth, the staff scheduled me every month for check up. The package incl blood test, urine test, consultation, scan & vits.

No, it's not emergency C-sec. I tried to give birth naturally by inducing but my cervix didn't open that's why decided to have c-sec. I went 2 process of giving birth, induce & c-sec. I think the bill high coz I was induced, epidural & selected menu or perhaps coz I'm foreigner LOL...

desiree94

You can pay on spot $550 or pay every time you come up to total $550. If you pay more than $550 you can claim back the balance, so better you keep the receipt. This package last till you are abt to give birth, the staff scheduled me every month for check up. The package incl blood test, urine test, consultation, scan & vits.
Am I right to say that for the $550 you pay, you will go to see the doctor every one month and that includes blood test, urine test, scan and consultation? Every time go must do bloody test ah :( Than how about the 20 weeks you mentioned you went to TMC and do the full scan that cost $120? Is paid extra on top of $550?

For the $1200 deposit is it for any ward you choose also must give first?

Am I right to say that for the $550 you pay, you will go to see the doctor every one month and that includes blood test, urine test, scan and consultation? Every time go must do bloody test ah :( Than how about the 20 weeks you mentioned you went to TMC and do the full scan that cost $120? Is paid extra on top of $550?

For the $1200 deposit is it for any ward you choose also must give first?

Blood test done only ONCE at early pregnancy. The scan at 20 weeks is NOT include in Dr Ang package, it's extra cost that paid at hospital. This $550 you pay at Dr Ag clinic. I think this deposit $1200 is any ward coz its paid once admitted to hospital. Dr Ang will explain the charge details if you sign package at his clinic. If not mistaken from total $6K, I paid by medisave abt $4.500 or 5K..

mskyliee

I believe the scan is detailed scan. As long as ur doc's clinic is within tmc or outside tmc, have to go tmc for detailed scan.... and it's not covered in doc package.

I feel that 2-bedded is enough... cos at night u will be sleeping, and baby won't be around also... so if hubby stayed over is also going there to sleep over.

i gave birth last dec... The stay is okay... but the food is so-so only... overall stay is quite okay ba... tho if u have too many visitors, 2 bedded can be quite noisy.

Best if u r choosing which bed, can go down tmc for a hospital tour...

ilurve

I'm seeing Dr LN Sim with a package of $700 starting from 4th month pregnancy.
Paid full total amount of $700 when you decided to sign package with them.
the package include urine test, consultation and scan. vitamins and blood test not included.

Went for full details scan at 20th weeks, and that time we paid $200+ (including GST)
And at 28th weeks, I was told to go for A5 scan. I think only for my case, coz baby was rather small size at that week and i have suspected high blood pressure. For this A5 scan, we paid around $150+ (including GST)

Currently 29 weeks, i'm asked to go check up for once every 3 weeks.
And forgotton which week onward, will be going once every 2 weeks for check up and follow by weekly check up when going to give birth.

Happy Jolyn

Hi, I delivered at TMC too, this Sept will delivering my 4th baby... I'm taking Dr Ang package too, sun plaza, sembawang. Package S$550 not included detail scan on 20th week... Detail scan cost S$100++
TMC service not bad... Nurse friendly... Choose for 4 bedded but automatic upgrade to 2 bedded (charge 4 bedded price), unless the room not enough...

ilurve

Hi, I delivered at TMC too, this Sept will delivering my 4th baby... I'm taking Dr Ang package too, sun plaza, sembawang. Package S$550 not included detail scan on 20th week... Detail scan cost S$100++
TMC service not bad... Nurse friendly... Choose for 4 bedded but automatic upgrade to 2 bedded (charge 4 bedded price), unless the room not enough...
you already booked room for your delivery in Sep? that's fast!
you mean you chose 4 bedded but automatic upgraded to 2 bedded but if room not enough, that mean you would be upgraded to single room??