Delivering in TMC anyone?

nyati22

Choosing 4 bedded, hoping for a 2 bedded room really depends on luck! My gf delivered all her 3 kids at TMC, chose 4 bedded and ended up with it for ALL her 3 deliveries.. Hehehe!
I chose 4 bedded as well, due today! But still nothing.. So I've scheduled to be induced on labour day! Will see if I'm lucky to get an upgrade! :p

Happy Jolyn

Hi dear, I have not book for coming Sept room...
Hee Hee... I'm sharing my previous experience as I already have 3kids now... 4 upgrade to 2 if there is available room, yes it is depend on luck...
If 2 room is fully book then just stay at 4 bedded room... My second birth not that lucky cz 2 room is full ;)

Addee

So for TMC have to book gyane also?
Now I under KK thinking wanna go TMC a not =(
Coz every time go KK checkup is different doctor as under subsidy and not every time go got scan cannot see baby also =(
But for KK consultation is around $30+ and with scan is $80+.....
Can anyone tell me how much do you pay every time when you go TMC for checkup, be it scanning, see doctor or any test etc.?
Are there any packages and is it much more cheaper?
Please advise. Thanks!
I was also KK subsidy patient but now change to gynae at TMC. Don't like it that we change gynae every visit. Plus must go different places for scan, blood test etc. Private doc, everything is done in the clinic. Pricy but I think I'm paying for comfort and service. Now 2nd trimester and I've sign package so I think price still ok. My gynae can choose delivery at TMC, Mt A and Mt E.

ilurve

I was also KK subsidy patient but now change to gynae at TMC. Don't like it that we change gynae every visit. Plus must go different places for scan, blood test etc. Private doc, everything is done in the clinic. Pricy but I think I'm paying for comfort and service. Now 2nd trimester and I've sign package so I think price still ok. My gynae can choose delivery at TMC, Mt A and Mt E.
who is your gynae in TMC?

desiree94

Can anyone advise me which is more worth it as in take up a package with a specific doctor or go to KK and see different doctor every time? I'm ok with both arrangements just that I really want to know which is cheaper as hubby and me trying to save now.
for private doctor, every time go and consult there will be a scan an nth else alr? But for KK sometimes is see doctor only. Sometimes is see doctor + scan. Like why so weird? Why would I want a appointment to waste money see doctor and he/she talk less than 5 mins and whatever problems I tell them they will tell me 'Ayas it's normal! don't have to worry. anything else? Ok nth bye!' that kind of attitude the doctor give. But over all still on the price. Which is more worth it. TIA everyone!

kinkybaby

I just delivered my son at TMC on Gd Friday :)

Usually the bb scans, supplements etc are dependent on individual gynae's package. The 20th week detailed scan is usually not inside gynae's package. If u get the FBI/SBI member card at TMC u get discount for the scan done over there. Got discount for room stay also, details in TMC webby.

Emergency c-sect is most exp via they charge u for natural birth and the 'ala carte' stuff used during the c-sect. Actual amt can't tell cos it depends on items used during the delivery. I called TMC to find out on this, keke.

Addee

Can anyone advise me which is more worth it as in take up a package with a specific doctor or go to KK and see different doctor every time? I'm ok with both arrangements just that I really want to know which is cheaper as hubby and me trying to save now.
for private doctor, every time go and consult there will be a scan an nth else alr? But for KK sometimes is see doctor only. Sometimes is see doctor + scan. Like why so weird? Why would I want a appointment to waste money see doctor and he/she talk less than 5 mins and whatever problems I tell them they will tell me 'Ayas it's normal! don't have to worry. anything else? Ok nth bye!' that kind of attitude the doctor give. But over all still on the price. Which is more worth it. TIA everyone!
KK is definitely cheaper if u are a subsidy patient. So far my visit- Doc fee $30, scan $18 (discount 50%), blood test also 50% discount. Multi-vit, fish oil etc no discount. But it's cheap already.
Private doc visit is ard $55-$95, depending in 1st visit and how long is the consultation. Longer more ex. Scan $35+, blood test etc can start from $100+ onwards depend what test u do.
But when u sign package during 2nd tri, consultation fee, scan is part of package. U only pay for fish oil, calcium pills etc which is optional.

Worth in a not is depending what u looking at. KK is cheap but my visit in clinic can be up to 4 hours. Private I can settle all in 1 hour and the scanning all done in doc room, unlike KK is a separate section. For delivery, KK subsidy patient if no complication, will be midwife. Private, your gynae will be there. You will pay for that price also.

ks76mummy

you already booked room for your delivery in Sep? that's fast!
you mean you chose 4 bedded but automatic upgraded to 2 bedded but if room not enough, that mean you would be upgraded to single room??
Hi ilurve,

I went for the hospital tour and a mummy in the group raised the question to the tour coordinator.

She told us that if the 4 bedded is full on that day, the upgrade is not automatic. You will have the option to choose to top up to a 2 bedded (subject to availability) or 1 bedded or suite (hahaha). I confirmed with a couple of friends who have already delivered in Thomson Medical Center and some were really asked to top up as the 4 bedded was not available (think they dont't really have a lot of 4 and 2 bedded rooms).

Anyone who managed to upgrade recently can share? :)

cyberie

aei... if delivering in dragon year... maybe the hospital will not provide free upgrade tis year...
they already increasing prices because alot of ppl trying for dragon baby...
no enough rooms already..

nyati22

Hi all, I called TMC earlier and they have confirmed that in the event that the 4 bedded not available, we need to deposit and charged as per 2 or 1 bedded respectively.. No more free upgrades! :(

Busymom

I delivered my third child at Thomson in Feb opt for a single room. However, due to too many babies was born on that day (auspicious day- 正月十五) no more single room:msad:need to downgrade to 2 bedded. Still they provide me with a set of toiletries and towel.

milkshake

I delivered a week ago at TMC. I remember hearing that upgrades were no longer applicable during someone's conversation at the admission counter. I stayed at the premier ward but even that ward was so full that I had to wait in a temp room until mine was ready - which was after I delivered!

Hi.. i gave birth at tmc.. there is few selection of formula u can choosr.. mamex gold is one of them. Friso similac also have.. hospital uses cup feed. When u going deliver they will give u a form to fill asking ur preference of formula.. if u choose total breastfeed then they wouldnt feed formula.

Hope this help..