Delivering in TMC anyone?

Just stay in 2 bedded room why choose single? Probably you will stay longer in the labor ward and then maybe a day in visitor ward then that's it! Unless you dont mind paying more.

hi vitaminshower, thought of getting the single room coz hubby wanna stay in with me and i prefer to let the baby stay inside the room with me too..

I thought we will have to stay in for like 2-3 days for normal delivery and 3-4 days for c sect?

Vitaminshower

Ya that is if you choose c sect. Actually it is good for the baby to stay in the baby ward as the nurses will take good care of your baby. You and your husband can rest well, especially you. After all enjoy the process, the most importantly is to have a safe labor nothing else matter.

hayashi43

Anybody thinking of taking the single room in tmc? Can share how much was the bill for both normal and c-sect??

I plan to take single room, but has yet to decide whether to try normal or just go with c-sect. Most prob i will go with normal n epi though.. I asked the nurse in the hosp and they like dun wanna explain the pricing with me.. so annoying!
I previously opted for single room, but on e admission day itself, single room was not available so have changed to single premier instead, and mine was c-sect but with twins...i paid 5.7k in cash after abt 6k deduction from medisave...think if u opt for single and c-sect, maybe e difference will be 1+k less cos i have 1 more baby cost to pay for, e rest cost esp abt mummy shd be more or less e same

P.S. my bill also inclusive of hubby's meals for 4D3N

I previously opted for single room, but on e admission day itself, single room was not available so have changed to single premier instead, and mine was c-sect but with twins...i paid 5.7k in cash after abt 6k deduction from medisave...think if u opt for single and c-sect, maybe e difference will be 1+k less cos i have 1 more baby cost to pay for, e rest cost esp abt mummy shd be more or less e same

P.S. my bill also inclusive of hubby's meals for 4D3N

Thanks for the info.. If i opted a single room before and on the day dun have, can i choose to stay in 2 beded instead of single premier? Or they wont allow u to downgrade?

Lynda77

Hi..
I juz delivered my bbygirl 0n 18/6/2012.. & waS diScharged t0day...
Stayed at 2bedded ( requeSt f0r 4bedded but waS upgraded t0 2bedded ).. 0verall my experience Stay in TMC waS really great.. the nurSeS are all very friendly & helpful.. & alwayS there t0 aSSiSt u when u need help.. my t0tal c0St 0f delivery waS abt 4k incluSive 0f bby.. $3k f0r me (n0rmal delivery w/0 epidural) & baby abt $800.. paid $ upfr0nt $1.2k... the balance paid my mediSave.. & i Still get a refund back 0f $200+.. :D
Shalynn..who's your gynae?cause some gynae fee for delivery is different..good that you get a refund from the deposit..I'm taking 4 bedded too and wondering if there's additional cash required other than the 1.2k upon discharge..

Lynda77:664732 said:
Hi..
I juz delivered my bbygirl 0n 18/6/2012.. & waS diScharged t0day...
Stayed at 2bedded ( requeSt f0r 4bedded but waS upgraded t0 2bedded ).. 0verall my experience Stay in TMC waS really great.. the nurSeS are all very friendly & helpful.. & alwayS there t0 aSSiSt u when u need help.. my t0tal c0St 0f delivery waS abt 4k incluSive 0f bby.. $3k f0r me (n0rmal delivery w/0 epidural) & baby abt $800.. paid $ upfr0nt $1.2k... the balance paid my mediSave.. & i Still get a refund back 0f $200+.. :D
Shalynn..who's your gynae?cause some gynae fee for delivery is different..good that you get a refund from the deposit..I'm taking 4 bedded too and wondering if there's additional cash required other than the 1.2k upon discharge..
Hi..
My gynae iS Dr Lawrence Ang..
If im n0t miStaken, if u 0pt f0r n0rmal delivery then g0tta have emergency c Sect.. 0r u uSing epidural.. then up0n diScharges u need t0 t0p up abit 0f caSh.. aSide fr0m the 1.2k..

paul

I delivered on week 38 . For me, the c-sec experience was very pleasant :) i was on full GA Becoz my Gynae advice me to do so..everything happened real quick , within 20mins my lo was out and 1 hr + later my turn to wake up..i was able to get off the bed the next day..my stay in TMC was good too, their service was prompt, food was yummy too .. Most important was my Gynae and the anesthetics did a very good job..hope all these sharing helps in making your decision. Touch wood and thank good there wasn't any complication except my bb jaundice level was borderline and also he has a sensitive stomach, my hospital bill comes up to about 6.7k in total inclusive baby bill which was about 1.2k . I stayed in 2 bedded
Hi Sweetooth, tks for sharing. Who is ur gynae ? Mine is Dr Adrain at TMC .. He said he will try for natural birth as he dun see the placenta blocking although it is low ... One more mth to go bef my EDD

alex0519

Just for sharing~ My wife had a c-section on 24/6 (Sun) and stay for 2 days in TMC (Single Room) + companion breakfast for 2 days. Total cash I had to fork out was $3389.25 (after deduction from medisave, -$2100 hospital charges & -$1400 profession fee = -$3500).

My advice for Room Stay is to go for Single Room cos you'll nv know who's gonna be ur neighbour. We first opt for 2 bedded but the lady beside and her visitors were talking & laughing loudly.. can't really rest well.. so upgraded!
If you are going for Single Room, try to AVOID the room which is just beside the nursery!! Unless you can sleep well with babies cries as lullaby... That room is not really sound proofed, the sitting area is just outside that room plus the nurse counter (with the phones and the alarm rings) it can get quite noisy during the day time..

Jesamine

How did you manage to get the -1400 profession fees? I thought the max that can be deducted from medisave was just 2100 in total?

MamaDT

Just for sharing~ My wife had a c-section on 24/6 (Sun) and stay for 2 days in TMC (Single Room) + companion breakfast for 2 days. Total cash I had to fork out was $3389.25 (after deduction from medisave, -$2100 hospital charges & -$1400 profession fee = -$3500).

My advice for Room Stay is to go for Single Room cos you'll nv know who's gonna be ur neighbour. We first opt for 2 bedded but the lady beside and her visitors were talking & laughing loudly.. can't really rest well.. so upgraded!
If you are going for Single Room, try to AVOID the room which is just beside the nursery!! Unless you can sleep well with babies cries as lullaby... That room is not really sound proofed, the sitting area is just outside that room plus the nurse counter (with the phones and the alarm rings) it can get quite noisy during the day time..
Thanks for sharing!

I have not decided on which birth option to go for coz i am only at 16 weeks now... but my clinic nurse has already given me the birth options and hospital stay charges.. and she told me i have to book at week 20.

Although I've already tot of booking the single bedded room but as for birth option.. i am unsure... =(

Anyone booked their birth options and hospital room so early? If booked, does that mean we can't change the birth option at later stage?

Thanks!!

Wanni

Anyone with Dr Sim here? I'm calculating the financial amt to give birth now. Haha. My gynea delivery change seems abit steep.

Addee

I was with Dr Sim previously but I changed Gynae as hubby and myself cannot click with her. A friend of mine is with her. I find her price comparable with my Gynae.