Delivery in KKH or TMC?

ping87

my boss recommend me to go KKH, i'm now with KKH. he has bad experience with TMC and that TMC is too ex also. He saw better service for his son at KKH.

Actually it's pros and cons.

depends on ur budget also. :)

Dragontail

My gf just given birth at TMC and she's quite happy with her gynae who is patient and very pro-natural.

My boss gave birth at KKH through the pte suite and she also gives good comments about the whole process.

I believe gynaes in TMC offer packages ($600-$800?). For KKH pte suite there isnt. The latter can work out to be more expensive I would think.

I suggest you can call them up and ask for a maternity tour and decide for yourself.

For KKH delivery, they are flexible to letting you film the process, or even bring your own player to play your choice of music. You can even burn aromatherapy oil if you want! For TMC, my gf says they dont even allow filming. I'm not sure if she's completely right.

Dragontail

I personally have never heard of bad services from either hospital from closed friends. I did go to KKH for their maternity tour and I knew that was it for me. I never considered TMC in first place. Choosing a hospital to do the delivery is very personal... and also finding out on the cost difference perhaps will help you to decide too.

diza

I just delivered my first child at KKH Pte Suite and booked A1 class. I am very happy with their services. I'm not too sure about the standard in other wards though. But so far even though my son was admitted for jaundice, the nurses in the B2 ward seemed very warm and friendly.

MommyLiz

Cupcakes123:845490 said:
Hi Diza

What is the difference between clinic D and the Private Suite. Is the cost different by a lot?
I guess yes there is a difference. Cli ic d is subsidise right?

Rye

I visited both n did not like tmc for fact that it was so small. I felt closed in so I chose KKH n also chose for its complete facility since all emergency/critical delivery from other hospitals will get transferred to KKH.
It's personal preference n u hv to feel comfortable in the hospital.

missyqiqi

Personally I choose KKH without comparing other hospital because I'm in medical line so still prefer govt hospital for delivery. Coz *touch wood* in case of any complications or emergency private will send to KKH if they do not have the right equipment. But hubby went to do his own research but eventually gave up coz I insist in KKH.

I choose to be a private patient so I can choose my doctor and received better care if you want good services and your own room. Coz I cannot tahan people screaming.. >.<
Everything was good and hubby was also impressed with their services and our doctor. And we didn't really fork out a lot of money despite staying in A1, because mine is a normal delivery with no epidural.

But like what dragontail mention, choosing which hospital to deliver your baby is actually very personal, we can give you our experience but most importantly is which one you feel comfy. The TS started this post more than a yr ago so I believe you have choosen your hospital already, hope you like it. :)

Now i'm pregnant with no 2, i'm also going back to KKH. :)

icyelightning

I had #2 at KKH and #1 at TMC. Stayed 2 bedder at TMC but 1 bedder at KKH. However, final bill at KKH (prenatal + delivery) is ~3k lower than TMC. Of course, there are some other differences like induced/assisted birth for #1 but not for #2, but overall prices have increased over the 2 years, yet KKH is cheaper.

fkl28

i had my delivery (nov 2014) in kkh. stayed in 1 bed suit (sofa bed for hubby). my experience with the doc and nurses are excellent. kkh v supportive of breastfeeding. My bill came up to 4.1k (drug free natural delivery, 2 night stay).

icyelightning

I was with Cynthia Kew. But I wouldn't recommend her not because she is not good, but because she is too popular that the waiting time to see her is very long. Most of the time, I have to wait on average of 1.5 hours past my scheduled appointmemt time to see her. A colleague's wife had John Tee as her gynea. Seems good.

fkl28

Hi mummies and mummies to be,
Can share which gynae you went to at Kandang Kerbau Hospital?
I was with c c khong. He is quite a chop chop doc. Find. Him good when he visit me when I in labor n not. Left me to the team of doc on duty..

B.Moo

i have decided to go with KKH after a saga with thomson medical clinic. not to say Thomson is not good, cuz ihave lots of friends telling me thomson is good, but maybe is just the doc i met makes me feel insecure and worried all the time.
so i am planning on KKH. any gynae for recommednations?

hhhhj

Agree fully! public hospitals are the way to go if you want the best medical and nursing care because they are upheld to strict(er) standards and audits than private and also see more emergency cases. but if you just want customer service and comfort, and don't care much for the other aspects then go private maybe.