Demanding Baby

babysg

Hi Mummies..I am a SAHM...my son sleeps with me at nite. I stay with my mother-in-law. Day time, both of us will take care of my son together.

Recently, something stange is happening. My son always want my MIL to carry him. He only wants my MIL to put him to bed. In the past, I have no problem putting him to bed.

:nah:

jedamum

Hi Babysg..I am also a SAHM...my son also sleeps with me at nite. I also stay with my mother-in-law. Day time, both of us also will take care of my son together.

:)

how old is your baby?

any problem with MIL putting baby to bed?

babysg

Hi Jedamum..my son is coming to 10 months...i am fine with my MIL putting him to bed...the problem is sometimes my MIL is busy with other things...so it would be easier if either one of us can put him to bed rather than him requesting for my MIL only... :nah: so whoever is free at that moment can put him to bed..wonder if happen my MIL not at home..then he dun need to sleep liao

babysg

Yesterday I tried to put him to sleep..the moment i switch off the light he will cry loudly and look at the door...wanting to go out...the moment my MIL comes in..he will be ok..even if I go out of the room..he is fine..

Initially wanted to try again today but my SIL at home today ...she wants to put him to bed...think she succeeded since I dun hear any crying...

Hmm...think he only doesnt want me to put him to bed...My son only sticks to 3 people..me, my MIL and my SIL...think I am the 3rd choice if the 2 of them also ard...

Sometimes feel quite sad..cos I am a SAHM...but my son seemed to prefer my MIL & SIL...

The other day..a relative came to my house...i was carrying my son..the moment he saw my MIL..he will rush over want her to carry him..then my relative made a comment..."Why ur son dun want u to carry him huh? Oh..maybe bcos his ah ma take care of him.."

I was like..duh...I dun take care of my son meh..I am a SAHM lor... :nah:

jeSsie_Dz

hi babysg,dun b sad k~~
my kiddos does run to my mil whenever they see her too.. but my mil dun reali help in taking care them cox she workin then im Sahm.. she only plays with them when she cums home.. but as watever the kids do she wont scold/nag(wil only shout for me to scold them).. thus im the devil lor at all times..
tats wat i feel tat makes my kids always happy when see her lor.. :(

babysg

Hi Jessie...my boy only 10 months old.. I never scold him as he is still so young..and he is a very cute baby...always make me laugh...

My MIL home all day long..maybe thats why he sticks to her...cos when I go out..my MIL will look after him...but my SIL working...and sometimes she knock off quite late..by the time she is home..my boy sleep liao...so my boy only see her on her off day..but my boy also stick to her like glue..

Hubby thinks I am worrying unnecessarily... but he dun understand a mother's heart... feel sad when u know ur baby prefer someone else other than u... :frown:

jeSsie_Dz

yup i understand ur feelin~~ frankly speaking.. i always scare my kiddos closer to them than to me.. as if they wil kidnap them away frm me.. so if im out i bring them along,if i go club at nite,i ensure its only dh helpin out.. no pils involve.. kind of BAD i know i am.. but my jealousy is just too high when tis is concern.. dh also thinks im crazy bout tis for the past 2 yrs.. but still i am crazy .. :)

jessie giv babysg a big hug~~ cheer up k!! mayb its just a phrase tat wil pass thru soon.. :)

Dudette

aiyah, at least you guys can stay at home. I gotta work, so the kids is with the MIL... so talk about being jealous when they prefer her rather than me!! :(

jedamum

whenever my ds2 see my FIL, he also very happy and want to be carried. reason is that ds2 view all these people as playmate, and us the mother as the feeder, bather, backsider washer.
so you don't feel so sad.

starry_jo

aiyah, at least you guys can stay at home. I gotta work, so the kids is with the MIL... so talk about being jealous when they prefer her rather than me!! :(
me worse rite? Only gets to look after my DS on weekends..So I cherish every moment i'm with him..But time seems so little and my DS anybody oso can wan..Sometimes, I juz wish he'll stick to me like glue.. :rolleyes:

babysg

Hi Mummies..tonite i tried putting my boy to bed...feel so stressed!! cos i really scared he dun wan me again and I have to go and ask my MIL or SIL in to help out. Initially he was ok after i switched off the light..after some time...he wanted to cry and look at the door...think he wants my MIL or SIL to come in... I faster took out my hp and let him play...after playing for a while...he sian of the hp and wants to cry again...

Think he tired already..so blur blur sleep liao...haiii...:frown: dun think this is considered a sucessful attempt lor.. why why why???

Feel so stressful at times.. dun understand why my baby rush over to let my SIL and MIL to carry every time he sees them...if he see them go out..he will cry his lung out..if he see me go out..he like nothing happen... dun know if i should feel fortunate or not...

Hubby say I am a super jealous mum..i think so as well..but cant control my feelings leh..my SIL got 3 daughters..but somehow...she loves my son more than her own children... even want my son to call her mummy... i feel uncomfortable somehow.. she rather put my son photo on her hp rather than her daughter one..

But I think I am a petty person..cos my MIL and SIL had done alot for me and my son... they really take care of him to the very best...so I have the freedom to go out even tho I am a SAHM.. sometimes i think there is a devil and angel inside me...:rolleyes:

stonston

babysg, out of routine, b4 u put ur boy to bed, u should bring him to every1 who is staying with u, say goodnight first....at least it is a 'closure for the day', he wont yearn for them when u leave him in e room alone....

get ur family to all say good night to him, tell him tt they will see him in e morning when he wakes up....