deposit issue

andieluv2

hi,

i still think u should opt for subsidoze even thou the ward nurses say room charges almost the.same. but take.into acct the treatment fee, consumables(syringes, needles, u gotta even pay for the.box.of tissue u use!! nothiing is free in singapore),.delivery suite charges will be private, doc fee will be.private,.and if u suddenly need energency c-sect, ur surgeon fee is private rate, ur OT fee.is private, so is ur anesthetist fee and all. and whn disc, whn ur baby in nursery is private rate. then discharge, medication is private oso and all ur wife's and baby's appt has to be private oso.

juz to share, i deliver in kkh under A1 premium as i am a staff there. i had induction for 2 days and emergency ceserean, stayed 5 days. my bill comes up to 9k juz.for myself and baby is almost 1k. we both are fine.and nodo not need special care like special care nursery or icu (thank god). but kkh subsidized me abt 7k+ and i paid the rest with my medisave.

so u see its far from juz the room charges we are tLkibg abt here. room charges is juz the tip of the ice burg.

think carefully since u still have.time. hth

Jenni

Actually if really can effort for private then private will be better, not in the way of being comfortable in hospital... I was a gov subsidy for my #1 in kkh, Donno is it I too Suai or not... When deliver I got this trainee to sew the stitch for me, I rmb that when he come and sew for me, he told me sry I sew wrongly and redo again... I was on epi so lucky I no feeling if not I going to kick him off... And the nurse in the 6 bedded very rude, they will scold ppl... After that I tell my hubby I die die also don wan to take gov sub again..

xuezhen09

Hey, I just delivered in NUH in the beginning of July under the private ward.. I was not asked to pay for deposit.. Payment was only made at discharged.. Bt I nt sure if it's case to case basis.. If u r lucky, n they did nt ask u to make the deposit.. U can get the interim bill in advance n see u hv enough cash.. If nt, u still hv tym to loan frm ur family.. Worse to worse is get a cash loan frm bank n standby :)

Hope the advice helps..

shunpei

Well I just called Nuh to ask abt the issue again, nurse state that its nt worth to downgrade to subsidize ward as the rate is only $50 diff plus if I downgrade my antenatal package will be void and she also state that all ward type must pay deposit so I guess i'll still stick to my plan and hope this little monster don't come out before due date :)

xuezhen09

what my hubby n i did before baby was due was to apply credit card and cash line.. it was to standby just in case we didn't save up enough to pay for the deposit and the balance.. so mayb u can do the same thing..

shunpei

xuezhen09:678351 said:
what my hubby n i did before baby was due was to apply credit card and cash line.. it was to standby just in case we didn't save up enough to pay for the deposit and the balance.. so mayb u can do the same thing..
hmm mayb I will do that if no choice given, thanks for suggestion.

xuezhen09

Xuezhen care to share which bank u went to and min wage needed thanks....
My hubby applied the credit card frm DBS.. N they gave him a cheque book.. If the Amt is nt used.. U dun hv to make any payment..

If nt posb has loan tt is of min. Wage of 1500..

Wanni

Hope you could solve your issue soon :) ignore those negative comment and look for resources ^^ all the best!

xuezhen09

Wat abt loan?? As in cash line or smth.. Citibank credit card has 1 with 1500 income I think.. Bt limit is abt 500 only..

shunpei

Dun wanna get loan unless really no choice cos of the interest. I will try my very best to save up :) thanks for the concern really :)

shunpei

shermyn:680514 said:
Yes shunpei. The interest can snowballed to a scary amount if left unpaid. Better not take loan.
yeah that's wat I am afraid of too, anyway when to buy stroller and carrier all that? Any low budget and good brands to intro?

felicity

Maybe can wait later see if need.. My parents never bought carrier or stroller and nv own a car.. My parents will just carry us when we were babies and take bus because they cannot afford anything more but my baby bro n myself were brought up fine despite low family income... So u see first if u really need them.

shermyn

Agree when baby is still small don't really need stroller or carrier,can just carry unless ur wife has to bring bb out and handle bb herself.

For me, I bought a baby sling first bcos I foresee myself bringing my bb to polyclinic checkup myself.

felicity

Yup, see how well u or ur wife can handle the kid... I really salute my mum last time will carry me go polyclinic for jabs n checks alone. With my baby bro lagi worse, carry bro n hold me (I was 4?) and take bus... Sometimes she still tell us story about how difficult it was cos last time polyclinic also not v accessible n bus steps were very steep, hard to carry baby, manage a kid n take bus... But she managed! Nowadays we r v much pampered by the conveniences we hv, gotta admit I'm like that too. But if my mum who's no superwoman but just an ordinary woman can do it, I'm sure with determination anyone of us can.