Depressed

ftlad

My baby is 8months plus now. Im a SAHM.
After giving birth, I feel tat I have lost my husband and friends.
My husband dotes on our baby very much to d point I'm afraid he may pamper her too much. Plus I feel tat his priority is now on her instead of me. Before we had a baby, he's ok wif almost everything I asked of him. Now, out of 10 times, 9 times his answer is always "NO". This year's Mother's Day is my first but he felt there's no need to celebrate. Almost I told him directly tat it's a very important day to me, he just totally ignored me. I've always had the problem of retail therapy whenever I feel stressed n recently I had tat again. I told him abt it but instead of trying to find out d root cause of my stress, he once said, "I gave u $200 for your retail therapy lah". I feel really upset tat he doesn't care abt me anymore. I feel my "status" in his heart has dropped.
I have little contact wif my single friends now. My married friends do not have time for me and i have not really made friends wif other mums. Recently I have friends who were facing some issues in life so they looked for me. I went thru their rough patches wif them. But when things got better, they stopped contacting me. I feel being made use of! I have been very proactive in trying to keep in contact wif old friends and making new ones but to little avail.
I had quite bad post-natal depression after birth which got better. But I'm tinking whether I've fully recover from it. Or my expectations too high? :(

Mummy73

Hey babe, I m no expert, but it feels u r still having post natal blues. It's normal for husband priority to shift and in fact , I think it's a gd thing if it's not overboard. I hv heard of so many fathers who just ignore their kids. Find a time where both u n ur hubby are relaxed and talk to him. Hope u r feeling better soon ...

Mummy73

On the note of frds, drop those who are not worthy of ur time. I once helped a frd after her abortion, I left my car at home, took a cab down to hospital n drove her car home, n she din express much gratitude. That was the last time I wanted to see her, since I have been "busy, or out of town." why bother w ppl like that. U deserve better!

awish

Hey babe, I m no expert, but it feels u r still having post natal blues. It's normal for husband priority to shift and in fact , I think it's a gd thing if it's not overboard. I hv heard of so many fathers who just ignore their kids. Find a time where both u n ur hubby are relaxed and talk to him. Hope u r feeling better soon ...
Ya, agreed. Guess you might be having post natal blues. Try talking nicely to your hubby, hope it helps.

Hakida

hi,the 2011 nov mummies are organising a meet up session on the 18th June at vivocity,you may want to join us.

ftlad

Thanks mummies! I have spoken to my husband and I'm thankful he understood. :)

Hakida, sure I will be grateful and happy to meet u all!

Hakida

I feel that women tend to be more emotional and we always need some words of assurance from our partners that they still care and love us.But men are men,they don't express themselves and they always have this nonchalant attitude even though they do love us deep inside.
I guess sometimes,you may just send him a text message about your feelings.They will understand.

ftlad

I feel that women tend to be more emotional and we always need some words of assurance from our partners that they still care and love us.But men are men,they don't express themselves and they always have this nonchalant attitude even though they do love us deep inside.
I guess sometimes,you may just send him a text message about your feelings.They will understand.
Yeh. And I tink maybe also as a SAHM, we sacrificed our jobs and place our focus solely on taking care of husband and baby. Sometimes so busy tat we even forgot to care for ourselves. Plus with little contact wif frens, I feel I became very emotionally reliant on my hubby. So I tink, I really need some Me time and Frens time. :)

hotmilktea

There is nothing wrong with retail therapy , I did that all the time. If I cant get to go out I do it online.
I also stay at home mum. Friends wise those working really have no time, married ones also got their own family to attend to.
My priority change, now focus is my son more than my hubby!

mrswan

yeah my priority is my gal too

I also didnt celebrate my first mother's day while my friends do, so envy but what to do, married a practical and realistic guy. Told him how I feel, he said I dont know ma, tot mother's day is child celebrate for mother... Then I said you can do it behalf of her right!!! Then I said you dont expect me to celebrate ur first father's day then.. So he understand now. Sometimes just got to tell him what I want so he may or may not do. My life is so boring with him but lucky got my gal. He oso dote her gal more than me but I dont care, better than he ignore her, is very sad that a gal grow up without fatherly love.

As for friends, I oso learnt the hard way to accept that only a few true friends is enough. Dont waste your time with those not worth ur time. I love to make friends so we shall see you on our gathering :)

Sad 33

hi hi,
just to share my 2 cents worth. i believe in filial piety and being filial everyday to my parents. however i do not celebrate father's or mother's day with them at all as i find it too commercial. birthdays, cny are more impt to me so that is the time i celebrate for them. maybe i am practcial?
ftlad, in fact i've been made use by my closest relatives and not to say friends who do not stand by me when i've lots of problems surfacing at the same time. i learn to let them go...and treasure those that are truthful and love u for who u are. i think this is part and parcel of life that we have to go through such heartache to let these peole go....

xiaodaisy

its normal to change
priority after baby is out , i've changed mine too myself , find times when ur hubby in good mood or when he's free and talk to him abt ur feelings

i'm a sahm for 8yrs+ =) btw , if u need listening ears can pm me , i'm always very free haha !

Mummy73

Sry mummies, this is unrelated. How do u start a new thread? I need to caution other mummies on falling for a groupon I bought recently.

Sad 33

its normal to change
priority after baby is out , i've changed mine too myself , find times when ur hubby in good mood or when he's free and talk to him abt ur feelings

i'm a sahm for 8yrs+ =) btw , if u need listening ears can pm me , i'm always very free haha !
Dear XiaoDaisy,
i'm just posting something unrelated...but i can't help but I love your frankness on that being a stay-at-home u quite good in controlling yr time (very free...hee). i just want to express that not everybody is as frank as u as my bitch sister in law who is also a stay-at-home always act so damn busy in front of her parents and ask us to help her run errands, but end of the day she is so free that can ply into my private life, Facebook and always manupiating situations at home. it is really just a matter of choice how u want to handle things... and like u, u are willing to have listening ears to needed!!!
ps i can;t stand her to any little bits!!!

xiaodaisy

Dear XiaoDaisy,
i'm just posting something unrelated...but i can't help but I love your frankness on that being a stay-at-home u quite good in controlling yr time (very free...hee). i just want to express that not everybody is as frank as u as my bitch sister in law who is also a stay-at-home always act so damn busy in front of her parents and ask us to help her run errands, but end of the day she is so free that can ply into my private life, Facebook and always manupiating situations at home. it is really just a matter of choice how u want to handle things... and like u, u are willing to have listening ears to needed!!!
ps i can;t stand her to any little bits!!!
omg , u staying with sil ? tats bad , i cant imagine what i would do if i have a sil , having 2 bil already driving me crazy but lucky i dont stay with them ,else i guess i would just pack my stuff n leave home with my kids haha !!

come come share with me , so u will feel better with someone u can complain to abt ur sil .. =)

Sad 33

omg , u staying with sil ? tats bad , i cant imagine what i would do if i have a sil , having 2 bil already driving me crazy but lucky i dont stay with them ,else i guess i would just pack my stuff n leave home with my kids haha !!

come come share with me , so u will feel better with someone u can complain to abt ur sil .. =)
hi xiaodaisy,
thank god i don't stay with my inlaws. living far apart in singapore is already bad! we shld have migrated!!!!
my sisterinlaw is really a bad case! sigh...sometimes i really think she is the root of 90% problems in my inlaws family!
yess..thanks for listening me complain. i also posted these on another thread...hee...dun mind me and this is a short list of things why she makes me hate her:

1. my sisinlaw will call my husband who is at work, where am I when I never or respond so slowly back to her. crazy right, she thinks i am under her mercy to listen to her order or my hubby needs to track where am i every second meh? we are adults who trust each other! further she thinks i dont need to work one meh?

2. this woman will play polticis at our back and make her parents dislike me and my hubby.... i also dont't know why. the only reason i can think of is that my parents in law must be rich for her daughter to want to play this kind of politics. she scared the money pass to us? however from surface i think that my parents in law are not rich at all!!!

3. she always arrange my hubby to run errands for the parents and her parents always think she is clever when in actual fact its my hubby who runs all the shit when the parents suffer from pains only cos 'service' her children, herself and her hubby.

4. show her parents my Facebook photos esp my family photos and my mother in law will ask me questions! sian right.
further cos we have no children (they don't know i miscarriage) then showing my little nieces and nephews photos to my parents in law really cause more anger on our no children on us.
i already block her to maximum but cannot totally block those people who tag me on...so she can still see!..:p

5. cos we no kids (she don't know our intention or plans) she always stir fire in front of her parents on our no kids issue. cos my parents in law are old, we want to spare them our pain of miscarriage or what we went through...

6. she is so miserable...always borrowing things from people like she is very poor. however her hubby is earning 5figure a month!!!

that's why all these things make me really hate her.

Sad 33

sad33. your SIL is hell of a pain in the ass man!!! I sure cannot tahan!!!!!!! Bloody bitch!
hi vicher, yes, i call her BITCH! of course not in front of her. :p
I already cannot tahan and may her rot in hell everyday. but it seems she is blessed for good luck for all her meaness...