Desperate Mummy. All childcare full. Need advice.

Vanitykills

Hi mummies,

Care to share what do you ladies do to fight for a space in a child care centre?

I am staying in punggol and it is ridiculous that all places are full. Initially MIL is suppose to take care of her, however, due to health reasons, she is unable to. Even if she can, se has to go regular medical chk up, which means, me and hubs have to take child care leave almost every mth.

So mummies, what should i do? I looke through all other places and it is quite far away fr whr i work or hubs and its inaccessible.

Should i 'haunt' the CC in punggol till i get a space? Who do i forward my queries to? CC HQ, MP? Are there any mummy been in my shoes before? Care to share? Going nuts.

My DD is 19mths now. And its tiring to take leave in btw work coz MIL called coz she dont feel well, she needs to go out, etc.

Thank you.

Asphere

Hi Vanitykills, punggol area childcares are horrible as everywhere is packed.
I live in punggol too but lucky for me is my son is staying at my mom's place at bedok reservoir road on weekdays and i place him in childcare near my mom's place. I place him at Raising Champions Learning Cove at Kaki bukit.
no need to fight for place :) for punggol and sengkang always in waiting list. and its v frustrating too.
If you are working near bedok maybe you wish to consider the preschool i mentioned. they do not have website. if you want i can pass you the contact and you can ask more about the school from the school teacher.

lyra

Hi mummy
Vanitykills, you can try appealing to your MP or write to MCYS. I know CC lists r loooong! I've already put my child's name on a CC and definitely going to make payment to secure a place asap once we get it!

Vanitykills

Hi Vanitykills, punggol area childcares are horrible as everywhere is packed.
I live in punggol too but lucky for me is my son is staying at my mom's place at bedok reservoir road on weekdays and i place him in childcare near my mom's place. I place him at Raising Champions Learning Cove at Kaki bukit.
no need to fight for place :) for punggol and sengkang always in waiting list. and its very frustrating too.
If you are working near bedok maybe you wish to consider the preschool i mentioned. they do not have website. if you want i can pass you the contact and you can ask more about the school from the school teacher.

Hi, thk u for ur reply. Im working near bugis. Cbd areas CC are expensive and always full too. Sigh. Im at my wits end.
soooo frustrating. Gahmen want us to hv kids but make my parents work till 62. How to help tk cr of grandchildren? Unlike last time where 1 income is sufficient to support a family. I start work at 7am n Cc open at 7. My husband ride to work n need to b at work by 8. We hv to get nearby cc. My parents are working and his mum is old to tk cr of my daughter. Aaaarrggh..guess i mite b seeing mp soon

thk u. Nice to hear fr supporting mummies