Desperate Need Help... 3 Month Old Baby drinking lesser and lesser

Lostkitty

My 3 month baby girl used to drink 125ml before her 3rd month injection last Friday. After the injection, she behaved differently and drinking Formula milk lesser and lesser (drinks about 80 - 100ml in 3 hours interval). My pediatrician also mentioned that she underweight. For a 3 month old baby, the weight should be 6Kg. My Girl only weights 5.25Kg. If by next month, she is still underweight, we have to introduce her cereal.

What I have found out recently was:
- She would cried out when she finished her milk (Sometime Ok, Sometime Not)
- Have started to put her whole hand into her mouth (Is she started teething?)
- She would pushed away the bottle in the beginning and ending. And when we force her to drink, she played with the bottle teat.

I have being feeding her Enfalac HA and A+ (Combine) and using 2 flow teat. I'm really thinking whats wrong with her and why did she behaving like this after the injection. Is it the bottle or teat problem?

Sometime it is also hard to tell whether she wants to sleep or drink cos sometime she can go hungry 2 hours later and in daytime, she sleep only 30 - 1 hour.

I'm really dont know what happen to her and hope some mummies out there can give me advice on this problem.

piggie

My 3 month baby girl used to drink 125ml before her 3rd month injection last Friday. After the injection, she behaved differently and drinking Formula milk lesser and lesser (drinks about 80 - 100ml in 3 hours interval). My pediatrician also mentioned that she underweight. For a 3 month old baby, the weight should be 6Kg. My Girl only weights 5.25Kg. If by next month, she is still underweight, we have to introduce her cereal.

What I have found out recently was:
- She would cried out when she finished her milk (Sometime Ok, Sometime Not)
- Have started to put her whole hand into her mouth (Is she started teething?)
- She would pushed away the bottle in the beginning and ending. And when we force her to drink, she played with the bottle teat.

I have being feeding her Enfalac HA and A+ (Combine) and using 2 flow teat. I'm really thinking whats wrong with her and why did she behaving like this after the injection. Is it the bottle or teat problem?

Sometime it is also hard to tell whether she wants to sleep or drink cos sometime she can go hungry 2 hours later and in daytime, she sleep only 30 - 1 hour.

I'm really dont know what happen to her and hope some mummies out there can give me advice on this problem.
Dun think her behaviour is related to the injection, IMO.

My DD also around the 3rd/4th Month period, had a rather steep drop in the amount of EBM consumed.. we checked with our pd, she said that from 1st mth to 3rd mth, baby needs to at least double her birth weight, which explains why she is drinking a hell lot..

After the 3rd mth, growth kind of "slows" down as they only need to triple their birthweight at the 9mth or 1 yr (cannot remember).. which means that, they do not need so much EBM/FM, another possible reason why they are feeding less suddenly.

Also, have you checked ur DD's mouth? sometimes with fungus growth, it will also make them drink less milk... my DD has those white patches inside her mouth, that needs to be treated with oral cream..

As for putting things inside her mouth, crying after feeds... might be signs of telling you she needs more than milk :) I started my DD on rice based cereal when she was 4 months plus... she was also stuffing her hands and whatever she can get her hands on, into her mouth... :001_302:

As your DD grows, its normal for her naps to get shorter and shorter.. my DD also will not zzz more than 1hr in the afternoons...

HTHs

ling.er

Hi for my case is when my Son was 3-4 month after injection he will feel cranky but stil can drink milk.. So my thinking was same as piggie Mummy.. Not cos of injection... Firstly maybe cracky But the next day shall be arlight..

* Try Change the teat n see how..
* If she cry when the milk finish mean she stil wan some more.... Try increase abit n see how was it...
* If she is tired wan to slp, then no need to wake her for milk... U can feed her after she cry for it..

Dun worry too much..

Lostkitty

Hi Piggie & Ling.er, thanks for reply.

I'm glad to say that she have behaved normal after this thread, drinking normal and more milk. She do not cry after feeding and what she did is push or play with the teats.

There's a week where she drinks more and now, she drinks less. Haiz, can only played by ear. No matter how I tried to feed her again with the balance milk, she just won't drink. Now she drinks between 130 - 160ml and I guess the PD will said she underweight and I have to introduce cereal to her soon.

I have changed her teat to 3 flow and seems fine with her. Sometime she can sleep more than 2 hrs and sometime less than an hour. But if she sleep too much, she wont get to sleep at night which I have this problem last night. At 11pm, she's still awake. Have to do some routine for her now.

She will get another injection this friday and hopefully she won't cranky again. BTW, next week monday she will be 4 mths old. Thats fast....

karynn

Hi. My boy also behave weird after his 3 months jabs . Don't drink as much as he used to . Cry a lot . Once place the milk bottle teats in his mouth and he will cry stop cry . Cycle repeats . What happen to him??