Desperately need help!! 7 weeks baby cry alot and reject milk

tessalow

Hi mummies, my 7 weeks baby cry alot and I don't know what he wants. Have check him on diaper, temperature and whether he is hungry anot. Usually I will feed him 2.5hrs-3hrs (120ml formula milk), but for the past 2days he have been crying alot and reject milk when it is time for feeding. He will use all his strength to push away the bottle and cry when we insert the bottle to him. Have tried carry him but sometimes it does not works. Any mummies encounter these before?

My hubby doesn't like us to carry my baby once he cry as he was afraid that the baby will get used to it and cry whenever he wants to be carried. We left him crying until he is tired and fell asleep. The longest he cried was 1hr. Will there be any side effect for letting baby to cry so long? It was heart aching to see him cry so long.

Also, my son seems to dream alot. While sleeping, he will suddenly jump up and cry. Sometimes he will cry one sound then the next second he goes back to sleep.

For the past 2days, my son hardly sleeps in the night and sleeps more during the day.

Is the above normal?

I've read through baby centre and it said that 6weeks - 8weeks is their crying peak period. Is this true?

Desperately need help!!! :wefrown:
Sorry for the long post and hope some kind soul could help me! Thank you!!

floramay

Hihi,

your baby may have colic (stomach got wind). I heard that baby who has colic normally cry during evening (after 4 plus) and they will curve their bodies or pull their legs towards stomach.

You can try applying Ru Yi You everytime after shower and diapering. Try massage his stomach with Ru Yi You in circular motion (two hands forming heart shape from centre). YOu can also give your baby gripe water to relieve the wind.

If you are breastfeeding, take note on the food that u consume, some food tend to cause wind, eg cabbage. You can check more about it online.

If you are bottle feeding, some types of bottle have anti-colic function. Try not to keep the milk for too long to avoid wind.

In my opinion, I dun really agree to let baby cry for too long. You baby is still young, cry too long wll induce more wind as well. Not longer than 10 mins. Carry a while is ok as they are still young. Your love can calm your baby down definitely.

Hope it helps and take good care of yourself too. Stay calm and happy :)

tessalow

Thanks for the reply! Have given him gripe water and applied oil. He is better today, maybe is due to stomach ache. But he is still rejecting milk. Hope he will get better soon.

Phoebii Cheng

I also think it mayb due to your bb tummy bloated, cos' sometimes when it is too bloated they will feel uncomfortable & will cry to let you know.

As for your hubby saying, not to carry bb when crying, there is a difference you know? when bb feel unwell they tend to cry a bit, so it is ok to carry them to pacify them to make them feel comfortable again....:001_302:

hope your bb feels better soon

cel.lea

When he's better, milk intake will slowly build up again. i think the same in what most ppl said here, colic, tummy hurts. applying oil, feed gripe water but pls read instruction to feed a 7 weeks old. he is still very young, read up recommended dosage ya. hope he gets well soon.

ps: oh by the way, when my baby used to cry non stop for hrs, despite: applying oil & gripe water & cradling him, seen the doc took the med & when nothing seem to work & i got frustrated, i ask someone to be with him 5 sec for me to walk away & take a deep breath before going back to my baby again. it work for me to recharge my patience...lol

Last edited:

lsy

My girl used to cry every night from 11pm-2am when she was 5-8weeks old. It is stressful when mummy are still in recovery mode and there u have unconsoleable cries.
But for 2 months baby they are still too young for u to let them cry it out.
From the past few months of experience caring for my baby by myself, I have learned that there is always a reason baby cry. Give him all the attention while you can and it will gets better. When u start working and when ur baby is taken care by others they will have most of the day to "cry it out". Nothing beats the comfort of mummy's warmth. Since u r on bottle feeding, are u offering pacifier to your baby? Babies need to suck for comfort too at times.

newbie1223

as your baby's stomach is more delicate due to colic, you can try some of those organic milk formula like Holle from Super Nature to slowly build back his appetite.

sorsor

Hi jus to share some info with u . My bb is 5 mths now n she started to hav and colic when she was only 1 mth n at tat time I had a very difficult time with her n she'll cry non stop for abt 2 hrs every nite from 7-9 pm .Till I get so stressed up tat I actually spanked her on her buttock . So bad hor ! She was also refusing her milk then , at first I thought of jus buying some wind med like gripe water, rid of wind , probiotic all no use . So I ended up consulting her paed n her advice was firstly to cut the amt of milk powder by half for a wk n gradually increase to 3/4 strength n then to full strength . Secondly u must really burp her n make her bring out the wind. She also prescribed Dentinox colic drop ( Avail at guardian ) which I fed her 3 times a day .Lastly i religiously apply the ruyi oil every 3 hrly which I m still doing till today . But lucklily despite her colic problem she had grew up as a very cute n pretty princess . Hopefully your bb will outgrow the colic problem n don't give up !

tessalow

Thanks all mummy for the advice! I have been figuring out what is wrong and trying to understand my boy. And its actually my boy is having 2 big ulcer that is why he kept crying and rejecting milk. Recently, he felt better after I gave him some barely water.

MamabbJ

Glad to know you found the reason. There must be a reason why babies cry and we as parents must try to find out. Have you applied anything to relieve the ulcer? I guess you are referring to ulcers in the mouth? Perhaps you can try Dentinox Teething gel.

We should not leave a young baby crying and not picking him/her up at this very young age. Babies at this age do not yet "know" how to manipulate people and they merely react based on their needs and basic instincts. So we shouldn't think that we would be "spoiling" the baby if we pick him up every time he cries. Psychologists have shown that in fact, babies who are left to cry for long periods of time without any form of comfort/intervention tend to grow up being insecure and difficult adults. So, please give your baby a warm cuddle and hug when he cries and try to pacify him quickly. Babies need to feel loved and secured.

Thanks all mummy for the advice! I have been figuring out what is wrong and trying to understand my boy. And its actually my boy is having 2 big ulcer that is why he kept crying and rejecting milk. Recently, he felt better after I gave him some barely water.

jessica33

I have been trying for a baby for the last 5 years now and we have had no luck.I don't have a regular cycle so it is hard for me to tell when i am ovulating or not, but we always have sex at least 2 times a week, sometimes more. I know it can take up to a year to conceive but everyone i know who have had a baby have conceived within 2-3 months of trying, we had a fertility test about a year ago and my womb were fine. I'm thinking it could be a problem with me but I've never had any symptoms of any problems. My partner does smoke and have the occasional drink, and i used to smoke and also have the occasional drink. i know i am slightly overweight but that shouldn't affect our chances too much,one faithful day my friend told me to contact a spell caster that help her aunt ,then i contact the man on this email: fiokporspiritualtemple(AT)gmail.com, after few weeks the doctor confirm that i am pregnant thank you DR Fiokpor for helping us get a baby. he specialize in so many things, contact him and tell him any problems you having he will find you a solution