detail scanning @ 20weeks

alijay

As first time parents we decided to wait and see what sex our child would be, we waited 9 months as was pleased to welcome our son Kaiden born 19.7.11 6lbs 14.5 oz,
there was a slight problem with kaiden he was born with a severe limb abnormality to both hands, So my question is simply with all the mixed answers i have read is it a mandatory check during the detailed scan for fingers and toes or is it optional depending upon the sonographer.. As my husband and i were not informed about the abnormality, not that it will change how we feel about our gorgeous little boy but we are questioning the hospitals practice and possible neglect during the scan. Any information or thoughts would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.

chjean

Hi Mummies, my 20-week detailed scan is scheduled for end of Sep. can't wait to see my bb and also the gender. :)

anybody know the cost of detailed scan at kk women hospital?
I just had my detailed scan done at KKH yesterday. The full cost is $80, subsidised is $40, payment at ADC centre. Consultation is charged separately at Clinic C. The results will be communicated to you by your doc at KKH if your consultation is on the same day.

angeline89

I just had my detailed scan done at Kandang Kerbau Hospital yesterday. The full cost is $80, subsidised is $40, payment at ADC centre. Consultation is charged separately at Clinic C. The results will be communicated to you by your doc at Kandang Kerbau Hospital if your consultation is on the same day.
oic.Thanks for your reply:001_302:

Anne Gan

I just have my scan last week, and sonographer said will give report to my gynae becos my next appt is end of the month. Now already a week, no news from my gynae. Worried whenever phone rang! wa lau!

JJ2011

i m going to do a detailed scan next week. juz to check is there anything mtb shld do?eg drink more water?what shld look out?

2011mummy

Anyone skipped the OSCAR test and did the 20 week detail scanning only??
is the 20 week detail scanning even more accurate than OSCAR?

pixie

I can't remember now. In fact, I don't really care as this is one of the mandatory scan which is needed so I didn't inquire on the cost and I paid everything by either NETS or credit card. If you want to know, give NUH a ring, the staff who answered the phone could give you a rough estimate of the cost.

how much was it for the scan there? i was told abt $100-ish..