detail scanning @ 20weeks

mskyliee

2011mummy:624515 said:
Anyone skipped the OSCAR test and did the 20 week detail scanning only??
is the 20 week detail scanning even more accurate than OSCAR?
I didn't go for the Oscar test, only did 20th week detail scan.... Oscar test is to check for down syndrome...

weee....! I just got back from my detailed scan...and we're on TEAM PINK!!
=))

but there's one prob though... doc said my placenta is low-lying.. normally it would shift up as I go along lah, but she said if not, worse come to worse, I would have to go for c-sect when labour comes. I know I have plenty of time before labour, but it scares me nevertheless. Esp. when she said that the other risky thing would be, to experience bleeding at abt now, (20 plus weeks) and that would lead to miscarriage cuz of the low lying placenta...... =( anyone had low lying placenta before??
Hi norfen,

I am the same as you; PINK team! and... low-lying placenta when I did my scan in week 13. Now I am in week 19 and my gynae still told me my placenta is lying on the lower side during my last visit last week. My gynae only advised me not to carry heavy things, yes.... no intercourse... and to do things gently and slowly. He also mentioned and reassured me that it is normal, just have to be careful not to over exert it further. He didn't mention anything about experiencing bleeding at 20 weeks though. I am just upset that due to the low-lying placenta, I might not be able to give birth naturally... :(

any idea how much is the detailed scan in Gleneagles?
There should be a package for you on these. My gynae provided me a scan package (all paid for and I do not need to pay for any scans done). I would reckon the package for the scans will cost much cheaper than having to pay the scans individually.

Jumperoo

Just came back from detailed scan today.. the good news is baby is growing well with 'no obvious signs of fetal anomaly'.

However, I've got a high reading for the Doppler Uterine Artery (left and right) test. Anyone has this problem too? Gynae explained that in severe cases it may restrict fetal growth as the blood flow to the uterus is slow. Then again he gave me a choice if I wanted to medicate as it is not so serious for my case since there are no notches (means no blockage). After some discussion, he prescribed me Aspirin.

Still worried :(

leyash

I am scheduled to do detailed scan and Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) at week 20. Is it common to do the GTT at week 20?

roudx

Will be having my FA Scan soon on January.... Very excited to know the gender and full details of my BB... Hopefully BB will cooperate with me on that day .. Hehe...

Mojito83

anyone did their 20 weeks scan at thomson before? any idea how long is the wait on a fri? thinking whether shd just forget about the afternoon appointment and go early morning instead...thanks for any advices. ;)

estya

anyone did their 20 weeks scan at thomson before? any idea how long is the wait on a fri? thinking whether shd just forget about the afternoon appointment and go early morning instead...thanks for any advices. ;)
When I called to postpone my 20 week scan in May, was told that June slots are already full! Are you planning to go in June? If yes, then you better plan fast... I ended up putting mine in July... So regretted it... Now I cant wait to go for my scan.... :(

Mojito83

When I called to postpone my 20 week scan in May, was told that June slots are already full! Are you planning to go in June? If yes, then you better plan fast... I ended up putting mine in July... So regretted it... Now I cant wait to go for my scan.... :([/QUOTE]

Thanks for ur reply. If u postpone then it wont be on ur 20th week already? Is that ok wif ur gynae? I wasnt planning to change the appointment but to just join the queue in the morning. They open at 8am. I tot it wd be gd to get it done early so I hv the rest of the day off. :cool:

LilMissy

My gynae is referring me to Novena Medical for my 20week scan. :) although, my gynae's clinic is at AMK Hub, under TMC. I made the appointment already, going for morning scan, and seeing my gynae in the afternoon. :)

I did my detailed scan last wed @ TMC Lvl 4. Appt was 1030, I only go into the room at 1210?? Waited damn long, damn pek chek.. somemore i was alone coz hubby working. Alot of ppl there also waited super long and alot of unhappy mummies questioning the counter..

The scan takes abt 20mins.. My sonographer just scan and didnt talk to me much lol.. she was guiding this junior nurse on how to enter the readings into the report. Only after 10mins, she told me this is bb's arms, feet, fingers, spine, brain, heart, and other organs.. Results are immediate. :)

Mojito83

scanning at tmc

Singapore2010 thanks for sharing. Looks like I gotta brace myself for the long wait.. maybe will bring smthg to read to kill time... or play candy crush. ;)

Meowmummy

Re: scanning at tmc

i went for detailed scan @ Thomson Medical on 7 June , Friday, Appt 10.00a.m, i waited about half an hour only.

Last edited:

Mojito83

20 weeks scan

Just did my scan at tmc lvl 4 this afternoon. Waited for slightly under than an hour. Felt v lucky that my sonographer is super nice and friendly. She greeted me & hubby wif a smile when we entered, and talked to us throughout the entire session. She explained everything she was doing, wat she is looking out for, that the measurements are normal, and kept reassuring us that baby is growing well. Everything is done in about 10-15 mins. After that, she printed the report and explained the results to us line by line. Hubby & I really enjoyed the session. We didnt hv to pay again bcos we had alrdy paid for this scan during the oscar test on week 13. It was a dual scan & blood test package, about $400+ after FBI discount. Hope all mummies (& daddies) who are going for the scan will hv a pleasant experience like mine. Cheerios! :D

estya

Thanks for ur reply. If u postpone then it wont be on ur 20th week already? Is that ok wif ur gynae? I wasnt planning to change the appointment but to just join the queue in the morning. They open at 8am. I tot it wd be gd to get it done early so I hv the rest of the day off. :cool:
I read that you can do the FA scan anytime from week 18 to week 22, so I had to schedule mine on my 21st week coz my hubby got to go for reservist on my 20th week.. I thot they go by appointment timing though... did you managed to get it done early, if you have already gone for it?