Developments of a baby born at 34 weeks

lizasaifi

Hi mummies n daddies. I gave birth to my little princess at 34 weeks gestational age last October due to complications as a result of high blood pressure. I had mild pre-eclampsia n it affected d blood flow from d placenta to my baby. My baby is now almost 5 months according to her chronological age n 3 n a half mths on her corrected age according to EDD.
Anyone had a baby similar to my condition? How is ur baby's developments like their motor skills? My baby now can laugh, talk back when we talk to her, can lift up her head n body when we lift her hands n she will lift up her head up when we sit her on our laps. During tummy time she can lift her head steady but not her chest yet. Are these normal?

TIA! :D

banner82

Hi mummies n daddies. I gave birth to my little princess at 34 weeks gestational age last October due to complications as a result of high blood pressure. I had mild pre-eclampsia n it affected d blood flow from d placenta to my baby. My baby is now almost 5 months according to her chronological age n 3 n a half mths on her corrected age according to EDD.
Anyone had a baby similar to my condition? How is your baby's developments like their motor skills? My baby now can laugh, talk back when we talk to her, can lift up her head n body when we lift her hands n she will lift up her head up when we sit her on our laps. During tummy time she can lift her head steady but not her chest yet. Are these normal?

TIA! :D
Hi

Its normal.

Same here. I was diagnosed with serious pre-eclampsia at 35 weeks gestation age more than 2 years ago. Dear son born underweight at 1.99kg at birth. Except for height and weight, my son's developmental growth was on par with his peers of the same age (Chornological age). Before he turned 2 his height and weight usually falls at 10 percentile or 25 percentile and finally caught up with his peers at 2 years old at 50 percentile. He started to climb sofa at 9 months and walk at 12 months old. So don't worry too much.

lovesbabies

Hello, my DD born on 32 weeks cos early contraction and her weight is 2.41kg. Nw she is 18mos. She doing good. maybe first yr you'll find some of the motor skills they slower abit but i think is normal, all bb pace is differ. her weight n height is always on 50 percentile. Nw she gt 14 teeths which faster than some of her same mth bb. think impt is they active, health n playful.

Boon Leong

Hi Everyone,

I am a dad of a 26 wk preemie. I am looking for a good neonatal doctor to follow up on the development progress of my baby as he was born in Taiwan (during a family trip) in Feb 13 and wife and baby are due to be back in Oct 13. Thanks in advance.

sept2980

mummies i have full range of abbott milk from stage 1 onwards.

enfa, nestle also have

keen whats app 91290316

sg source

xiaowanzi

Hi Everyone,

I am a dad of a 26 wk preemie. I am looking for a good neonatal doctor to follow up on the development progress of my baby as he was born in Taiwan (during a family trip) in Feb 13 and wife and baby are due to be back in Oct 13. Thanks in advance.
Hi my babies are born prematurely too and are observed under Dr Veronica Toh of Raffles Hospital. She is very detailed and thorough :)