Diabetes during pregnancy

Joeychen85

I tin my is nt the course as u all say.. I just go for my appointment.. They just ask me to monitor my daily meal.. N it only tk for a hrs.. Might need to check with my gynae again nxt appointment..

Rukia

I just had my blood test yesterday and was high. So upset. Needs to go for further tests.

Usually after the tests, do you have to see the gynae on the same day again? Cos if it is still on the high side, I wouldn't know what to do next.

Anyone has any diabetic meal plans to share? I am not sure what I can or should eat and what I should avoid (except the obvious like soft drinks, durians).

Rukia

will u know the result on the same day as the Glucose Test?
The results will be out instantly. Just that I dont know if I can see my doc to ask for advise if it is still high. No point I get the results and cant see my gynae. I asked hte nurse but she seems so unsure.

miracle25

I just had my blood test yesterday and was high. So upset. Needs to go for further tests.

Usually after the tests, do you have to see the gynae on the same day again? Cos if it is still on the high side, I wouldn't know what to do next.

Anyone has any diabetic meal plans to share? I am not sure what I can or should eat and what I should avoid (except the obvious like soft drinks, durians).
hi Rukia, you can request a copy from your gynae.. if not I can share with you mine.. let me know and I can email to you.. :)
yes, you'll know the result on the same day and for my case, I had the test before I see my gynae so that he can go thru the report wif me..

miracle25

The results will be out instantly. Just that I dont know if I can see my doc to ask for advise if it is still high. No point I get the results and cant see my gynae. I asked hte nurse but she seems so unsure.
when I made the appointment, its for both the test and see gynae.. 1st blood test at 8am (after fasting), 2nd blood test at 10am (after drinking the sweet syrup) then wait to see gynae.. the nurse should know this, maybe u ask another nurse instead?

Rukia

hi Rukia, you can request a copy from your gynae.. if not I can share with you mine.. let me know and I can email to you.. :)
yes, you'll know the result on the same day and for my case, I had the test before I see my gynae so that he can go thru the report wif me..
Hi Miracle25, did not manage to see my gynae after the test today. But the lab people told me that my results look fine. Just to be on the safe side, could you share with me your meal plans? My email is whis_tar@yahoo.com Thanks :)

They told me to see my gynae only at my next visit which is 2 weeks from now.

miracle25

Hi Miracle25, did not manage to see my gynae after the test today. But the lab people told me that my results look fine. Just to be on the safe side, could you share with me your meal plans? My email is whis_tar@yahoo.com Thanks :)

They told me to see my gynae only at my next visit which is 2 weeks from now.
Hi Rukia, have emailed you, please check your email.

Rukia

Btw, i am just curious, can anyone share with me your glucose test results?

Mine is 5.5 mmol (fasting), 10mmol (1hour) and 7.7mmol (2h).

I have not seen my gynae to confirmed that my results are ok, just based on lab feedback. I tried searching online and realized that diff website have different cut off.

miracle25

Btw, i am just curious, can anyone share with me your glucose test results?

Mine is 5.5 mmol (fasting), 10mmol (1hour) and 7.7mmol (2h).

I have not seen my gynae to confirmed that my results are ok, just based on lab feedback. I tried searching online and realized that diff website have different cut off.

mine was 5.1 mmol (fasting) and 7.6mmol (2h).. didnt have the 1 hour test..

tealeaf

I haven't seen my results yet. I was only told by my gynae that my glucose test result was 7.8 mmol (2h). She told me I was at borderline. haiz...

Rukia

I was reading online, came across an article. It mentioned that 7.8mmol/L (2h) is WHO standard for the max limit in normal range. But it also mentions that WHO standard doesnt apply wholely to pregnant women. I think its bcos our glucose levels naturally increase due to pregnancy. I think i am going to check with my gynae in my next appt. But it is always good to be more cautious in your diet during pregnancy.

tealeaf

I was reading online, came across an article. It mentioned that 7.8mmol/L (2h) is WHO standard for the max limit in normal range. But it also mentions that WHO standard doesnt apply wholely to pregnant women. I think its bcos our glucose levels naturally increase due to pregnancy. I think i am going to check with my gynae in my next appt. But it is always good to be more cautious in your diet during pregnancy.
Thanks for info Rukia. I try to be more cautious in eating, but sometimes I just eat whatever i want. If not I will suffer because I do not like brown rice. I have to mix 1:1 with white rice.
I like to drink milk tea too, and I have cut down a lot! But if I go to kopitiam and have the craving, I will order 1. hehe

For mummies with gestational diabetes, did your gyane advise you to do C-sect during week 37 (earlier than initial EDD)?

Asphere

i also have GD. my test result was 8.1 after 2hr of the sweet drink test. need to take 2 days of result 7 times a day.
and my results are good according to my gynae. did control on diet. eat less but more meals.
my before meail result range from 4.2 to 5.3 and 2 hr after food is 5.8 to 7.1 . gynae said wonderful results and ask me to follow diet strictly and allow me to have 1 seed of durian every 2 weeks just to satified my craving :D
will go for natural birth as my gynae is those who support natural birth de.he said just follow the diet strictly so that baby wont get hurt during birth. i abit didn follow the meal time but now getting back to the diet schedule coz i really worry for my baby health. i am praying my baby will be born between 37 to 39 weeks :D