Diarrhea

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
My baby just turn 4 months and sudden she is having diarrhea. I think from monday or tuesday. Went to see doc le, eat medicine le but till now fri still not recovering at all. :eek:10:

Haiz.. tml early in morin have to bring her to see PD.

Now her bum got 2 little red sore skin about 1.5cm on left & right. It's so painful whenever we change diaper often for her and crys when we touch the 2 sore skin. :eek:10:

Till date about 4 days no sign of better improvement... :eek:10: Feel like apply "Green Grass Oil" but scare she scream like hell :shyxxx:

If let say growing teeth, how long will e diarrhea stop leh? i dont think is growing teeth ba...

apollo

Oh pls dont apply the 'qing cao you' on her butt!!! it not only wont helps on her nappy rashes and will worsen it!! and this is not even suitable for babies!! do you have Desitin at hm? apply a THICK layer on her butt on every nappy change. If her rashes is very bad, it might takes sometimes to recover. That time ds also, took abt 2 days for the pain to goes off and ard 2 weeks for the 'scars' to lighten..

And, teething will NOT cause diarrhoea. I only heard b4 it will cause watery stools, but not diarrhoea. Diarrhoea is super watery stool, more than 5x per day. If still persist, I think better bring her back to the pd or hospital in case of dehydration.

Go back to PD. There are creams to apply for the rash that can be prescribed to you. My daughter had daktacort for the red rashes caused by diarrhea. Just a thin layer twice a day, followed by a thick layer of desitin. I also let her go diaperless. A bit messy I know but it's the best way to heal the wound. Get her pd to prescribe probiotics as well. Good for her tummy. Is she taking smecta for her diarrhea?

Flame Angel

My dear son had diarrhoea for 10 days during Chinese new year .. We rushed to kkh emergency clinic after didn't stop 2 days , he poo 20 times everyday but appetite was okay.. then the doc say no need medicine to stop diarrhoea coz his bp was normal and no fever .. She said it will stop on it's own just prescribed pedialite for him.. But pity him poo many times he got very bad rash and he would cry everytime I change his diaper coz of pain.. Destin was prescribed coz previously I used to use drapolene no use .. Destin was very effective for him .. Rash went down very fast..
After 2 days he got High fever along with his diarrhoea and I rush to kkh again and this time doc gave medicine for his diarrhoea and I could see it he recovered very fast .. And the frequency of his poo become very low .. But totally it last for 10 days ..
Pls don't ignore bring ur baby to doc .. The doc told us it's gastroenteritis virus ..
Hope your baby recover soon..
Good luck .. :)