Did u paint your house?h

Kokura

Hi. I am thinking of painting my house as I just did my renovation. I m thinking of using Nippon Odourless 3-in-one paint or Dulux All-in-one that have low VOC (volatile organic compound) n are environmentally friendly. Do any of u know if it is safe??? Did any of you paint your house when you were pregnant? Pls share with me. Thanks.

Xelle

Hi, just bought our place last year and renovated... and in the midst of it all, was blessed with a 2nd child. So, we had no choice anyway, and yes we painted too, but didn't paint ourselves. So maybe never really inhale that much fumes until it was time to move in. Not sure if it was safe or not, but so far so good, and already in my 2nd trimester, detailed scan showed all clear.

We used the Nippon one.

Think better to check with gynae if you are not sure?

ryanle

I paint my house while I were pregnant, but my husband do it all, while he painted it, he asked me to go out and live with my mom 1 days, when I came back, it's kinda hard to breath because of the paint's smell, but it's alright though, i think :D

egft

Hi there, painted a wall of my house when I didn't realise I was pregnant while hubby was at work and didn't seem to be an issue. Think it should be fine as long as you make sure the place is well ventilated or if you have a proper mask. :)

Kokura

Wall paint is all right as it has a very low odour but definitely NOT the paint for door & door frame, & toilet pipes as they are oil-based.
It took one week for the unpleasant smell to disappear... Drats.

Anyway I am glad I listened to my mother by not painting my house when I was preggy as when my baby was borned, she had big patches of greyish-black birthmarks known as Mongolian birthmarks, on her buttocks. It could have been worse if I had gone ahead with my painting job...
I read from online literature that they will disappear over time. I certainly hope so!!!