did you feel immediate LOVE for your baby?

tika

I did not for my first baby. I read so many articles saying first time mommies will feel so much love for their babies the moment they see them. I did not have such a feeling. In fact i remember i was shocked by how ugly she was. 2 weeks after delivery, I still did not feel the love for my child. I only started loving her when she turned 3 months. I felt so guilty for not loving her sooner. It was really odd. Any other mommies felt same way as me? Or was i weird?

for my second baby, wahhh the love i felt was so intense the moment she was born. I felt more normal the second time round.

diymummy

LOL! I felt the same way!

When I first saw my baby, the first thought I had was "wow, you're a strange little thing that came out of me" LOL.

I mean, I didn't feel lovey dovey about my baby but I did worry a lot about him. He was very small and very sleepy and didn't like to drink milk. So was worried sick about him. I felt more responsible than the lovey dovey feeling. But I guess being responsible is also a form of love?

I only started feeling lovey dovey about my baby when he was more responsive...

wenz

i think this usually happens to new mummy cos its the first time u see your little one thus u may felt weird...
I too had this feeling before... but i grew to love my kid when they slowly grow... in the past sometimes i still wonder how the hell is this little baby mine??!! really mine??!! so miracle....
But after the 1st and probably the 2nd , the rest of your baby u will feel the love immediately cos u no longer feel strange towards them as the maternal love had already planted in you....
dun worry... she/he is your baby, u will love them no matter wat~~
=)

thepinkdot

i must admit i couldn't find myself being close to my DD when she was born... even up till 6 months.. coz my MIL is her pri caregiver.. until recently, i've no choice but to be her pri caregiver.. then we're closer..

to immediate feel love for your own baby.. seems like a tall order.. afterall, you do need to get to know them first.. and see them as an individual..

TANZHENZHI

Yes i felt the same way too. Until i slowly get to know him better then my love starts to grow more and more for him. ;)

jasobias

For me i felt an immediaTE bond n when i looked at her i told myself i wld do anything to keep her safe n happy.That nite after delivery i did not sleep.I went to the nursery to get her so i cld just look at her..abt 5am the nurses told me to go get some sleep!!!!hehhehe.For my other 2 boys the bond was also immediate..felt tht i have never loved anything more than them.

hakisumi

i dun feel immediate lurve...
when he's out .. i was relieve & happy...
he in nursery.. i also very relac.. other ppl wanna see him more eagerly than i do...

i feel more of a responsible duties and take good care of him..

but when he cant go home with me on discharge day .. then i feel the pain & love.. between me hubby n graham...

pkshl

i dun feel immediate love but weird feeling & i cant believe that ive given birth also. maybe because im a 1st time mum thus i felt weird. even when my boy is out & gyne place him on me, when i looked at him, i felt kind of weird but relieved that he's safe & sound.

but due to my boy having jaundice, he can't go home with me on my discharge day & i cried on the way home in the cab. only then i want my boy to be always with me.

I didn't think I would love my baby so much when I was pregnant with her. In fact during my pregnancy, SO bought me 2 pups and I really adore them. So much so that I commented that I may love my pups more than my baby. However the minute she was born, maternal instincts kicked in and I only want to give her all my love.:001_302:

apollo

when ds was just born, he was so skinny, small face with big eyes.. hmmm mayb becos his face was VERY small so makes his eyes, nose, lips all looked very big.. he looked weird to me but i still love him to bits at 1st sight!!

only until 1-2mths later, he got fatter and his eyes, nose and lips look smaller.. now whenever i see him, i feel lik biting him!!! HAHA!!!

I felt the same way. When he was born i only felt relieved that he's finally out safe and sound because of my long labour and being a new mum i didnt expect it would b so painful thus i was too tired to even bf him.. im sooo guilty now. i rem i was rushing the nurse to stop him from sucking me as im too pain n tired. after few weeks then i start to love him so much till now.... thinking back i regret not to spend as much time as i shld when he just born.

wenz

when dear son was just born, he was so skinny, small face with big eyes.. hmmm mayb becos his face was VERY small so makes his eyes, nose, lips all looked very big.. he looked weird to me but i still love him to bits at 1st sight!!

only until 1-2mths later, he got fatter and his eyes, nose and lips look smaller.. now whenever i see him, i feel lik biting him!!! HAHA!!!
LOL ya i also leh... y ah?
i call my boy 'curry bao' cos i always feel like biting him... haha

apollo

LOL ya i also ... why ?
i call my boy 'curry bao' cos i always feel like biting him... haha
HAHAHA!!! ur boy also alot 'meat' izzit? LOL!!! sometimes i wonder ds izzit got go kitchen steal food and stuff into his mouth, so puffy! LOL!

tika

ok phew. im not very weird after all. so many mommies didn't feel immediate bond.

Damn articles in magazines made me worry.

When i told my mom about it ...you ladies know what she said?

You csect case thats why you dont't love her. Never push your baby out. If you go for natural birth, SURE sayang the moment you see baby cos all your hard work is paid off. Same like your sister ...csect...where got sayang her son? At night can go out with husband, leave son at home to sleep.

O_O

sugarcookie

ok phew. im not very weird after all. so many mommies didn't feel immediate bond.

You csect case thats why you dont't love her. Never push your baby out. If you go for natural birth, SURE sayang the moment you see baby cos all your hard work is paid off. Same like your sister ...csect...where got sayang her son? At night can go out with husband, leave son at home to sleep.

O_O
I hate to say this but what your mother said is just crazy.

I had a natural birth but I didn't feel a thing for my baby when she was born. I just felt relieved that my pregnancy and labour was over.

pkshl

O_O
my mum also somehow said something like this also.:nah:mayb old ppl old thinking?

diymummy

O_O
LOL!! I did that too!!! Hahahaha. Went out with hubby at night and left baby at home to zzzz...

I think it's perfectly ok. Our babies will feel secure when they know that mummy and daddy has a strong relationship.

diymummy

I didn't think I would love my baby so much when I was pregnant with her. In fact during my pregnancy, SO bought me 2 pups and I really adore them. So much so that I commented that I may love my pups more than my baby. However the minute she was born, maternal instincts kicked in and I only want to give her all my love.:001_302:
Hahaha... I had the same feeling to when I was pregnant. I had a toy giraffe which I simply love. And I told my hubby that I will never share this toy with my son. LOL!

After my son was born till now, I've not even touched that toy giraffe. :p