dim sum buffet

wendy79

anyone knows where to find nice dim sum buffet, last time used to go dragon gate, but their standard dropped a lot.

jal

anyone knows where to find nice dim sum buffet, last time used to go dragon gate, but their standard dropped a lot.
I went to the chinese restaurant called Peach Blossoms at Marina Mandarin Hotel. Some of the steamed items are delicious, but I would not recommend the deep fried ones. Too oily for words.

As for their porridge, it is really substandard. I ordered cod fish porridge but there were HARDLY any pieces of cod fish inside!

Their lobster meat corn soup tasted like it came right out of a can & the lobster meat was, well, hardly existing.

Last edited:

nancy

I like Yan Pal;ace and Red Star Restaurant. Standard still the same after many yrs in the business.

yukimaxx

There is a restaurant by Fullerton One which has dim sum buffet. Sorry I do not have the name as my friend informed me she went there and it was quite good. However, I heard they are fully booked till Nov.

snowbear

I like Yan Pal;ace and Red Star Restaurant. Standard still the same after many yrs in the business.
But Red Star isn't buffet... it's ala carte... so far if i wanna eat dimsum i'd go to Red Star although there is a slight drop in standard.

Last edited:

yakii

can try Tung Lok seafood at east coast..they have quite a good range of varieties and the food is good. The ala carte tim sum buffet is from mon - Sat - 11.30am to 2pm. Price is $19.80++

diymummy

wow! that's not too bad a deal. might go try that one at tung lok.

the other place where i loooooove the dim sum is at east ocean where lido is. it's located near the entrace of that building from pacific plaza. but that one's ala carte. no buffet menu.

jal

wow! that's not too bad a deal. might go try that one at tung lok.

the other place where i loooooove the dim sum is at east ocean where lido is. it's located near the entrace of that building from pacific plaza. but that one's ala carte. no buffet menu.
Oh, I went there before & it is so so so.... expensive!!! The waitress spoke to me & my friend in Cantonese & both of us, not being Cantonese, just heard some strange 'watery' noises. Haha!

toto

I tried zhou's kitchen, their buffet dim sum is available daily from mon to sun (around 2pm to 5.30pm) Cost is reasonable and a wide selection of dishes available. About $15.80 per pax b4 tax. Locations are at Novena square 2, opposite ikea alexandra, jurong point.... call n check it out.

redjn

ya zhou's kitchen selection not bad & if I am not wrong 1 of the credit had promo something like pay 4pax & 1 is free. go checkout your credit card booklet, should be either UOB / HSBC / OCBC.

november

Plaza Sin Lao Bei Jing like no more there already leh. Been there once with hubby before birth to cure my dim sum craving at that time. But food variations not plenty and not really those cantonese dim sum lor.

In the end, end up eating only a lot of Xiao Long Bao (Tang Bao)

Angelmum

Plaza Sin Lao Bei Jing like no more there already . Been there once with hubby before birth to cure my dim sum craving at that time. But food variations not plenty and not really those cantonese dim sum .

:elvis:
O I C

FoodieQueen

Plaza Sin Lao Bei Jing like no more there already . Been there once with hubby before birth to cure my dim sum craving at that time. But food variations not plenty and not really those cantonese dim sum .

You can try the Lao Beijing at Novena. Its quite good......they give a complimentary po piah for 8 pax.