Divorce??

-SRI-

hmmm.. nt me.. I'm single mum... hehehe..so no marriage therefore no divorce...hehehe

But my mum is a divorcee.. I did ask her hw she cope in bringing us up... She said she don bother wat the society thinks of her being a divorcee (for muslim its like a taboo) as she cant possibly shut everyone mouth.. its her life.. being a divorcee, she nvr ask ppl for help so why shld ppl be so KPO abt her life...

Initally in terms of financial is a difficult moment for her.. yalah 3 children.. tt time we all still schooling in pri level.. Difficult to find work to as she only hv O level cert ( my mum born in the 50's so O level cert at tt time nt really recognise).. Futhermore wit her illness (leg pain & hands ezcema).. End up she took a job as factory worker..earn ard 800 only..

Its tiring for her to juggle between work & go hm need to do hsework.. but we all quite independence.. can do cleaning... only cooking & washing of clothes she did...

Since earning 800 is nt enough.. she sells kuih at the nearby shop... do services such as sew clothes & curtains..even teach ppl hw to sew... she'll scrimp n scrimp... thrifty... Till nw her savings is much more than me...:tlaugh:She's my idol!!

But u need to mentally prepared for ur child... Wat i exp is tt when my parents divorce, ppl will tend to look at u one side.. like " oh, u no father ar... Oh, ur mum muz be a bad gal tts y ur dad divorce her... etc...etc..."

iced

sorry to butt in, i'm not a divorcee, not married, how to divorce, but am staying with the father of my child, have you ever thought of your children? i dont know, but when i was growing up i loved my dad alot, now still, so i dont really want to deprive my son of that even though sometimes its just so tiring and i want to give up the relationship. even though i cry everyday, i think, i want my child to have both his parents growing up, and that gives me whatever strength i need to pass the day till its time to go to bed.

XiaoXue

I'm currently filing for divorce too.. we had been seperated for 3yrs since 2003 and tried to save back our marriage in 2006 for almost 2yrs but still i had given up. went to my lawyer this yr may to proceed the case. currently pending for the hdb flat which we have not collect key yet. after filing we would wait 3 mths to get the final judgement to dissolve this marriage. i believe in - if really unsuitable, juz let go instead of dragging, u nv know end up might be more hurtful. all these 8months.. i've been taking care of my DS alone, no financal help or wat from him, juz @ time he wanted to bring DS back during the weekend but still not always.. every family, every marriage, every couple had their own different stories in life.. no matter what, life still goes on.. i'm glad since the beginning i did not rely on him at all.. thus i've only fallen emotionally but still able to feed DS & pay for his education on my own. I even quit my last job after he leave the family. It not that he's my burden but he do not work hard enuff as he think what i earn is enuff to feed the 3 of us sort thus he chosen a job with totally no basic & juz commission. for half yr, no earning but lots of spendings. very tired of all these already.. say much also no use now.. am glad that i've move on.. =)

BunnyKiss

I'm currently filing for divorce too.. we had been seperated for 3yrs since 2003 and tried to save back our marriage in 2006 for almost 2yrs but still i had given up. went to my lawyer this yr may to proceed the case. currently pending for the hdb flat which we have not collect key yet. after filing we would wait 3 mths to get the final judgement to dissolve this marriage. i believe in - if really unsuitable, juz let go instead of dragging, u nv know end up might be more hurtful. all these 8months.. i've been taking care of my DS alone, no financal help or wat from him, juz @ time he wanted to bring DS back during the weekend but still not always.. every family, every marriage, every couple had their own different stories in life.. no matter what, life still goes on.. i'm glad since the beginning i did not rely on him at all.. thus i've only fallen emotionally but still able to feed DS & pay for his education on my own. I even quit my last job after he leave the family. It not that he's my burden but he do not work hard enuff as he think what i earn is enuff to feed the 3 of us sort thus he chosen a job with totally no basic & juz commission. for half yr, no earning but lots of spendings. very tired of all these already.. say much also no use now.. am glad that i've move on.. =)

XX so sorry to hear about it...be strong for your child, which I know u will..

Take care..

dek2k8

Alpha Male
hmmm.. nt me.. I'm single mum... hehehe..so no marriage therefore no divorce...hehehe

But my mum is a divorcee.. I did ask her hw she cope in bringing us up... She said she don bother wat the society thinks of her being a divorcee (for muslim its like a taboo) as she cant possibly shut everyone mouth.. its her life.. being a divorcee, she nvr ask ppl for help so why shld ppl be so KPO abt her life...

Initally in terms of financial is a difficult moment for her.. yalah 3 children.. tt time we all still schooling in pri level.. Difficult to find work to as she only hv O level cert ( my mum born in the 50's so O level cert at tt time nt really recognise).. Futhermore wit her illness (leg pain & hands ezcema).. End up she took a job as factory worker..earn ard 800 only..

Its tiring for her to juggle between work & go hm need to do hsework.. but we all quite independence.. can do cleaning... only cooking & washing of clothes she did...

Since earning 800 is nt enough.. she sells kuih at the nearby shop... do services such as sew clothes & curtains..even teach ppl hw to sew... she'll scrimp n scrimp... thrifty... Till nw her savings is much more than me...:tlaugh:She's my idol!!

But u need to mentally prepared for ur child... Wat i exp is tt when my parents divorce, ppl will tend to look at u one side.. like " oh, u no father ar... Oh, ur mum muz be a bad gal tts y ur dad divorce her... etc...etc..."
Seem a trend,
see many single mummy in our district.
The world is changing ....

Ting

well, its not easy being a single mum.
so, stay strong. n u'll pull thru.
who needs the men?
:D

narak

I'm going through one and yes it is hell and yes you think you will never get over it but it gets easier.
I found out that my hubby is seeing another girl about a month back. The next day I kick his sorry ass out of my house. My baby is only one month old and this happens to me.
Yes people will tell you to stay together for the baby sake. But are they in your shoes? No right? How do you wake up everyday to a man that cheated on you? The rest of your life you will be insecure always thinking if he is with someone else. This will probably tire both of you out.
If he didn't cheat on your maybe he can't provide for your and is lazy and never want to take the initiative to take care of the family and you do every damn thing.
Unfortunately mine is both.
But one thing. Never go wihtout a maintenence order.

Yes I am in a mangerial position while he is just a techinian earning half my pay. Regardless of the financial situation, make sure there is a fixed amount going to you and/or your baby every month. No such thing as I don't need his money to survive or it is too troublesome to fight for it. It is about letting them know that marriage is not a joke.

You can't just marry and get out scot free you know.

I am sorry this is the real world man.

I'm going through one and yes it is hell and yes you think you will never get over it but it gets easier.
I found out that my hubby is seeing another girl about a month back. The next day I kick his sorry ass out of my house. My baby is only one month old and this happens to me.
Yes people will tell you to stay together for the baby sake. But are they in your shoes? No right? How do you wake up everyday to a man that cheated on you? The rest of your life you will be insecure always thinking if he is with someone else. This will probably tire both of you out.
If he didn't cheat on your maybe he can't provide for your and is lazy and never want to take the initiative to take care of the family and you do every damn thing.

Yes I am in a mangerial position while he is just a techinian earning half my pay. Regardless of the financial situation, make sure there is a fixed amount going to you and/or your baby every month. No such thing as I don't need his money to survive or it is too troublesome to fight for it. It is about letting them know that marriage is not a joke.

power to you narak!

BudgetMum

you r very right!!

bornwlove

Hi, xiao xue,

Why did you break up w hubby in 2002 and what makes you give it another go in 2006?
Was there 3rd party or you were just tired and sick of him?

I don't mean to pry but I've been going thru very rough times and want to change some things in my life...

XX, I used to read ur blog.. Didnt noe ur dh is like tt... So sori to hear tt...

Anw, who needs a man when we woman can survive on our own..

JiaYou wor!!

CanCanMum

Re: Cancellation of a Marriage

dun think u can cancel...unless u r tokking about appointment only....coz after ROM u r considered legally wed.

have to file for divorce i dink.

why the sudden decision?

Catty

Hi,

Anyone knows how to cancel a marriage I just got ROM last month.
What CanCanMum say is correct once you sign the paper on your ROM day means you're legally married (even without chinese customary), means you got to file for divorce but is not that easy, will need to take time and more $.

My sis also ROM only for few months than she file for divorce that cost her 4k for her divorce fee..

just my curiousity, do we need to hired lawyer for divorce? how abt if we don't have enough $$ to pay that lawyer?

vandia82

Ya, go to legal aid... I went there to do my Deed of Seperation too.. They charge according to your earnings.

You can so call cancel your marriage but there are certain T&C... Like nv consummate after marriage etc.. Can check this out thru the net.