Divorced Mum

SunShine07

Hi all, finally after so many things happen to my marriage life, i really decided to get a lawyer to divorce. Anyone can recommand one, i am financially tight as i need to take care of one 2yr old son. Can it be made by monthly installment?

I wonder if next time my son register for school or kindergarten, do i have to let the teacher knows that i am divorce, will they treat my son differently? I am now employing a maid based on marry status, am i still entitled to have the subsidy?

Ting

hi dear, sorry to hear that.
hmm as of lawyer n maid thingy, im not sure so cant help u.
check with uncle sam, i think he shld hv some contacts.

n as of the sch, dun worry, if the teachers r nice ppl, they wont treat your son differently. i mean, nth wrong to come from divorced family.
pin is from single family, n the principal n teachers still love her the same..
in fact, they principal also help me quite a bit on the sch fees.
whether u wanna state u r divorce or not, its up to you.
but it might be good to let the sch know, in any case, if your hubby come to the sch to fetch your son, they will know cannot let him take him away?
like in my case, i alr inform the sch n tt IF i nvr authorise tt person to fetch my girl, they hv to call me to verify.

mag_huiling

Hi all, finally after so many things happen to my marriage life, i really decided to get a lawyer to divorce. Anyone can recommand one, i am financially tight as i need to take care of one 2yr old son. Can it be made by monthly installment?

I wonder if next time my son register for school or kindergarten, do i have to let the teacher knows that i am divorce, will they treat my son differently? I am now employing a maid based on marry status, am i still entitled to have the subsidy?
I have 2 lawyers, one is whom did my separation for me, i finds that the pricing is cheaper than HOH. Another one is my lecturer, a "nice" guy, but i dunno his charges, maybe if i want i can pm u his contacts and u ask him n also ask if he can accept monthly instalment...(think shouldn't be a prob)

I dont think the school staffs/personnel have the rights to treat a kid who comes from single parent family, cos they're kids, the adult's fault is NOT the kids fault, they're innocent.

Maid matters, i think there's a min. household income requirement bah, if you still wanna hire the maid, i think you have to check with the maid agency n your salary too..

SunShine07

Liang Jia, Happy for you that you finally decided to divorce him. Jia You! :)
Actually wanted to do it long ago, but becos scared of him this n that......sigh....

Till i went to family court that day then i realised that i have been terribly torture by him mentally as well.....

He was being locked up in the police station for 4 days, then i think he have no choice, but to release me now..........but dun know why i feel sad.......sigh

sharonyi66

Actually wanted to do it long ago, but becos scared of him this n that......sigh....

Till i went to family court that day then i realised that i have been terribly torture by him mentally as well.....

He was being locked up in the police station for 4 days, then i think he have no choice, but to release me now..........but dont know why i feel sad.......sigh
*hugz*

Everything will be over and start afresh soon...

kinberuri

Maybe u can try legal aid if u have serious financial issue.
like my case, i am waiting for him to go bonkers and divorce me instead. cos i am really in serious financial issue as i am not working.

autumn82

*huggies*

Sorry to hear that. But I'm glad that you've finally made a decision. Don't brood over it too much.. :) It's gonna be sunshine after the rain.. :001_302:

He was being locked up in the police station for 4 days, then i think he have no choice, but to release me now..........but dont know why i feel sad.......sigh
i dont know what he has done, but to be locked up in the police station means he is guilty for some torture and pain.

are u sad because you u still have some hope and love in him before? or are u sad because your son has a father like him?

whatever it is dear, time will heal the pain. *hug*

chrish

Hi Liang Jia,

*hugs*

Coming from a preschool teacher's point of view..it's rather common nowadays to see children raised by a single parent.

In the child's admission forms for the kindy, it's normal for single parents to just fill out his/her info (normally they would leave the partner's info blank). and some would specifically request to the school that the child be fetched by either the grandparents or uncles/aunts rather than the other parent and they would normally be preferred to be called by their 1st names and not by Mrs-so and so. So we as teachers would normally get the point and will not further ask. (well if they do so they might not be that professional after all)

dont't think there's any discrimination towards you being divorce..just that a point to note that some children might display some emotional and behavioral problems when parents undergo separation and eventually divorce..which i think is somewhat normal for a developing child as such, during that time it is esp. important that you (as a family) and the teacher (the school) can work together to make the child grow thru the difficult stage in life.

All the best :)

SunShine07

i dont know what he has done, but to be locked up in the police station means he is guilty for some torture and pain.

are you sad because you you still have some hope and love in him before? or are you sad because your son has a father like him?

whatever it is dear, time will heal the pain. *hug*
Sad becos i pity him for going thru these, a bit of heartache when think that he is being locked up and handcuff......but when i tot of the way he treat me when he gets angry, i hate him.......mixed feeling....also becos feel heartache for my son too......

SunShine07

Hi Liang Jia,

*hugs*

Coming from a preschool teacher's point of view..it's rather common nowadays to see children raised by a single parent.

In the child's admission forms for the kindy, it's normal for single parents to just fill out his/her info (normally they would leave the partner's info blank). and some would specifically request to the school that the child be fetched by either the grandparents or uncles/aunts rather than the other parent and they would normally be preferred to be called by their 1st names and not by Mrs-so and so. So we as teachers would normally get the point and will not further ask. (well if they do so they might not be that professional after all)

dont't think there's any discrimination towards you being divorce..just that a point to note that some children might display some emotional and behavioral problems when parents undergo separation and eventually divorce..which i think is somewhat normal for a developing child as such, during that time it is esp. important that you (as a family) and the teacher (the school) can work together to make the child grow thru the difficult stage in life.

All the best :)
Thank you for sharing these with me, i felt so much relieved.......thanks!

I think my son still dun know anything yet as he is only 2yrs old.....but recently he has not been calling out his names like what he used to.....maybe he knows? hmmm....i dun know but i just dun wan to let my son seeing all the violence and quarrel again in front of him

my lawyer is 2800 and first consultation have to pay half of it then before court hearing then pay the reminding..
as for teachers i think they will treat your kids same as others.. i told the teachers that i now is in the case of divorce and they still treat him the same..
as for money u can ask your lawyer to fight some money for yourself and your kids.. for my case i nv demand money from my ex but lawyer say he has to give the kid maintenance fee until the kids is able to support himself as in start to work..

SunShine07

Maybe you can try legal aid if you have serious financial issue.
like my case, i am waiting for him to go bonkers and divorce me instead. cos i am really in serious financial issue as i am not working.
Legal aid meaning? I dun mind to pay installment for the lawyer fee....any one to recommand?

Ting

*hugs* liang`jia.
i think tt chapter of your life has passed n now u moving into a new phrase in life.
what's past is past, n cannot change.
sometimes when i think back abt tt person, i also feel sad, becos, i was stupid enough to be with him, n go thru those shit, n also,why must such bad blood run thru pin..?
sometimes i wish tt i can just change pin's blood to all mine n my bf's!
but i take heart tt, if it wasnt cos of him, i wouldnt hv pin.. :)
now i wish he will stay forever like tt, n dun bother abt us.

stay strong my dear, things will turn out better. :)

SunShine07

my lawyer is 2800 and first consultation have to pay half of it then before court hearing then pay the reminding..
as for teachers i think they will treat your kids same as others.. i told the teachers that i now is in the case of divorce and they still treat him the same..
as for money you can ask your lawyer to fight some money for yourself and your kids.. for my case i never demand money from my ex but lawyer say he has to give the kid maintenance fee until the kids is able to support himself as in start to work..
2800? so much......then u pay for the lawyer or u husband, for my case i surely have to pay.....

SunShine07

*hugs* liang`jia.
i think that chapter of your life has passed n now you moving into a new phrase in life.
what's past is past, n cannot change.
sometimes when i think back about that person, i also feel sad, becos, i was stupid enough to be with him, n go thru those shit, n also,why must such bad blood run thru pin..?
sometimes i wish that i can just change pin's blood to all mine n my bf's!
but i take heart that, if it wasnt cos of him, i wouldnt have pin.. :)
now i wish he will stay forever like that, n dont bother about us.

stay strong my dear, things will turn out better. :)
yah, that chapter had all passed, i am moving on to my new life....actually i feel very relieved when he tells my dad that he won't give us any more trouble again.

Maybe later on, i will also feel that i was stupid enough to be with me too and going thru all his nonsense......it's a nightmare....