Do the schoolbag of your children be very heavy?

dek2k8

Alpha Male

As most schools do not a locker for each student;
many books are put into the schoolbag.

Many students carry the heavy schoolbag to school each day! :embarrassed:

vion

As most schools do not a locker for each student;
many books are put into the schoolbag.

Many students carry the heavy schoolbag to school each day! :embarrassed:
Hi dek2k8, for my dd's sch... they collected all workbooks, social studies, music book etc n safekeep for students in the sch... So dd oni need to bring her stationery, 3 textbooks n handbook on most of the days...

dek2k8

Alpha Male
Hi dek2k8, for my dd's sch... they collected all workbooks, social studies, music book etc n safekeep for students in the sch... So dd oni need to bring her stationery, 3 textbooks n handbook on most of the days...
Got it.
This seems ideal for most parents & kids.....:001_302:

Ting

i see many pri sch kids bring very big n heavy bags to sch lor..so poor thing leh....n some ah, the bag seems bigger than them~! when i in sec sch n ite hor, i dump everything in my sch locker..hehe..only bring pencil case to sch nia!

mamasweety

*cry*..... my son bag was not as heavy as him.... :(

He carries everday with him
Textbk - Eng / Mother Tongue / Math
Workbk - Mother Tongue / Maths 2B (Part I+II)
Jotter Bk, 2-3 exercise bk.... 1 Pencil case, 1 set Pencil colour and umbrella and water bottle........

Really seems tooo heavy for him cos he sometimes walk bend forward.....

Friend

Hi,

For my son, even the school has locker for them, but he still have to bring the following :
3 textbooks and handbook
stationery
worksheet file
music book (when he has the lesson)
social study (when he has the lesson)
health education (when he has the lesson)
exercise books
water bottle
Jacket (air conditioned room)

He never complaint, but I feel that it is really tough for his back.:mfrown:

He used to carry just the backpack, but after seeing that it is really heavy, I have ask him to put his worksheet and homework file seperately in a plastic holder by a sling recycled bag.

:msad:

mummy

:eek: ds' bag has:
pencilbox / chinese text bk / ch.writing bk / sch diary / story book / plastic clear file / water bottle / lunch box
the rest of his text bks / art stuffs / spare jotter ex. bks / subject files; are kept in the sch locker.
workbks are all with teacher unless returned for parent's signature.

vion

Hi,

For my son, even the school has locker for them, but he still have to bring the following :
3 textbooks and handbook
stationery
worksheet file
music book (when he has the lesson)
social study (when he has the lesson)
health education (when he has the lesson)
exercise books
water bottle
Jacket (air conditioned room)

He never complaint, but I feel that it is really tough for his back.:mfrown:

He used to carry just the backpack, but after seeing that it is really heavy, I have ask him to put his worksheet and homework file seperately in a plastic holder by a sling recycled bag.

:msad:
Toking abt air conditioned room, how many of ur kids actually has aircon in their classrooms? For dd's sch, I've heard quite a few parents gossipping tt for all the classrooms in the sch oni 2 were air conditioned. Meaning 2 of the P1 classes utilised the classrooms in the comfort of aircon, while the rest bear with the heat on hot weather days. Thou I do not kn how true is tis but I do c tt these 2 classrooms were really furnished with aircon. (wat's more these students were saved the hassle of climbing up the stairs as well cos it's on the ground floor of the sch)

Personally, I find it pretty unfair. However, I hv my worries abt my dd's welfare should I bring tis unfairness up to the management of the sch. Wat would u do if u were me??

Coelyn

*cry*..... my son bag was not as heavy as him.... :(

He carries everday with him
Textbk - Eng / Mother Tongue / Math
Workbk - Mother Tongue / Maths 2B (Part I+II)
Jotter Bk, 2-3 exercise bk.... 1 Pencil case, 1 set Pencil colour and umbrella and water bottle........

Really seems tooo heavy for him cos he sometimes walk bend forward.....
:frown: tried lightening but DS said all essential!! Ever buy those with wheels but end up more heavier cos when go up stairs or bus = extra extra load. School no locker :embarrassed:

I would tell my students to pack their bags and tell them what are the textbooks they need. Especially with supplementary worksheets, students don't need ALL the textbooks everyday. But you know what? some of the students say that their mothers want them to bring it "JUST IN CASE". :Dancing_tongue:

What to do?

Also, some students do not pack their files. I can find worksheets dated January till now in their school bags. I do not think that teachers check the files everyday, but the students don't bother.

I think parents can help students in packing of their bags. By secondary school, or P6, they would be "vain" and want to carry trendy bags, then they will be bothered to pack their own bags and avoid overloading.

Hope my input helps :tlaugh:

My boy in P1, his bag is really heavy for his age...

Especially when they bring home files etc for signing....

Do you parents use those trolley bag?

I think trolley bags add on to the weight, and then when the kids are moving along corridor or up/down the steps, can be rather cumbersome too!

EnFlor

Any good ergonomic school bags that mommies can recommend ? Where to purchase them and how much ?

Do such bags really make a postive difference when carrying heavy load ? Am considering of getting one for my child.

mstan

Poor thing, I can't imagine my daughter who is short & skinny to carry her primary schools books next year...

mstan

Any good ergonomic school bags that mommies can recommend ? Where to purchase them and how much ?

Do such bags really make a postive difference when carrying heavy load ? Am considering of getting one for my child.
Yup, any mummies or daddies can recommend us on what type of schoolbag should we buy for our kids? I've to walk with my daughter from her school care all the way back home every evening time, it's like 2 bus stop away.. & convenience to take bus home too... so got to really find a suitable bag for her.

seashell

Hello mummies, you should take a look at Crosscom . It's highly recommended to me by my colleague who switched to this brand when she noticed her kids were not maintaining proper posture while carrying their bags.

My girl has been using it for the past 3 years and we can really tell that she is maintaining good posture as compared to her other classmates .

One vice is that the price is pretty steep about $200 and it will look big and heavy on skinny kid. My girl has been using it for the past 3 years and it's still in good shape and I find it's really worthwhile.

Read more on their website :

intro

They have showrooms in Forum and Suntec and the sales personnel will be able to recommend one that is suitable for the kid.

Angelmum

My son sch do not allow trolley bag,so i buy that kind of bag that can support his back.

when son P1 I bot trolley bag then realised I'm adding weight to his bag. See him so poor thing carry the extra loaded bag climb on board bus.

Now I just find a common haversack, as light as possible with lots of pockets with gd shoulder padding.

This wk son is having exams, technically speaking his bag shld be lighter cos aft that paper is done, he no longer need to bring that particular subject to sch ... still heavy ley. Told me he already taken out 'unwanted stuff'. Told me he brings whatever he wants, 你不要管 (dont bother) :swoon::117:

DodoTan

As a pri sch teacher, what I find is that most of the time, the kids' bags are not properly packed. So they end up bringing a lot of things and yet forget the ones they actually need and end up getting scolded. Avoid bringing unnecessary things: 2 blue pens, 2 pencils, a green pen, a ruler, an eraser and a stapler is sufficient. I have kids in class that bring like a whole box of pens but half of them don't work. Water bottle also don't need to be that huge: 500ml enough already. Recess can go water cooler and refill it if necessary.

If they have Art lesson that day, I always tell my kids just to bring 2 or 3 pieces of drawing paper. Bring the whole book for what?

PS: by 'my kids' I mean the ones I teach. hehe...