Do u bring steriliser when travel with 1 year baby?

ben10

Alpha Male
Just check if you bring steriliser on your trip? I'm thinking of a short resort trip to Bintan and my mother- in-law will bring a small slow cooker to make porridge for baby... will also bring also foam boxes with ice to cool meat. If add the Philips steriliser... super lot of thing to take on a short trip.

apollo

Just check if you bring steriliser on your trip? I'm thinking of a short resort trip to Bintan and my mother- in-law will bring a small slow cooker to make porridge for baby... will also bring also foam boxes with ice to cool meat. If add the Philips steriliser... super lot of thing to take on a short trip.
y dun u use sterilising tablet? we brought ds to KL when he was 11.5 mths old. we brought along some sterilising tablets with a big container, throw all his bottles/teats/bowl/spoon into the box with water and throw in a tablet of sterilising tablet, when u nd to use the bottle den take out whatever u nd. 1 tablet can be used for 24hr. if u really insist using steriliser, can consider pigeon travel steriliser. it can steriliser 2 bottles at a time, v compact too. i think cost ard $55. but honestly speaking, i dun see a nd to purposely but one for the trip, tablets is easier.

as for the solid meal part, y dun u bring along some bread and cereal? if ur son is not fussy over food, can ust bring over these few food.
instead of bringing all the slow cooker, rice, meat etc... we only brought some cereal and bread plus a 400g tin of FM. cos if bring all along, machiam moving hse instead of holiday lehhh :tlaugh:

adelynn

hmms, an alternative would be sterilization tablets. all u need is the tablets and an air tight container to hold the items you want to sterilization (and water of course). whenever i bring my girl on a trip, thats what we do.

when we go on trips, my girl takes cereal n commercial baby puree/food. no choice but its easier and not so much 'barang barang' whilst on the go

TANZHENZHI

I think can just use hot water to clean it since it's only a short trip. Bring along some cereal/bread for him to eat and of cos his FM. For the porridge i think not a need, if not you'll be bringing too much things for the trip, very troublesome. Unless your child very picky in foods? Holidays is to enjoy. :001_302: When you bring too much things overseas, you may find it very difficult to board and alight from the transport.

Ting

i think u can just use hot boiling water to sterilise.
and also, since its is a short trip, i assume a trip to bintan would be a 3-4 days trip, why still so mafan need to bring slow cooker n all those? just feed cereal n milk, plus your child is alr 1yo, u can also feed him plain bread n baby snacks.
i think it is ok if he missed a few days of porridge...
JMHO.

Stan

y dont you use sterilising tablet? we brought dear son to KL when he was 11.5 mths old. we brought along some sterilising tablets with a big container, throw all his bottles/teats/bowl/spoon into the box with water and throw in a tablet of sterilising tablet, when you need to use the bottle then take out whatever you need. 1 tablet can be used for 24hr. if you really insist using steriliser, can consider pigeon travel steriliser. it can steriliser 2 bottles at a time, very compact too. i think cost around $55. but honestly speaking, i dont see a need to purposely but one for the trip, tablets is easier.

as for the solid meal part, y dont you bring along some bread and cereal? if your son is not fussy over food, can ust bring over these few food.
instead of bringing all the slow cooker, rice, meat etc... we only brought some cereal and bread plus a 400g tin of FM. cos if bring all along, machiam moving house instead of holiday lehhh :tlaugh:
Apollo mummy, can ask where you buy the tablets? i going Bintan when baby turns 1.. very scare bring a lot of things.. like u say, machiam move house.... hehehe....:001_302:

ben10

Alpha Male
didn't know there's such a thing as sterilising tablets.... :shyxxx:.. Heng... or else really like move house liao.:001_302:

apollo

Apollo mummy, can ask where you buy the tablets? i going Bintan when baby turns 1.. very scare bring a lot of things.. like you say, machiam move house.... hehehe....:001_302:
i bought at hospital pharmacy but kiddy palace sells it too.

Mummy to Baby V

If you have been sterilizing all these while, then sterilizing tablets are a good option. I have seen Pigeon brand at Isetan and Mothercare's brand at its store, in KL (we live here).

Otherwise, I stopped sterilizing equipment after my boy started semi-solid food at 6.5 months. Anyway, babies put all kinds of junk into their mouths. Anyway, rarely anyone sterilizes feeding bowls & spoons. Or after washing, rinse the bottles & parts with hot water?

For our trips, I brought instant oat cereal and bread to replace porridge; he also eats white rice with us at restaurants. Fruits such as bananas, apples & pears are easy to bring. A few bottles of pureed veges / fruits as spare.

Though I brought a travel all-in-one steamer/sterilizer/warmer, didn't use it at all cos was busy enjoying the holiday. I figured a few days without porridge is fine.

Oh, I also brought a mini 400ml electric kettle cos some at hotels may be old & rusty.

Use vacuum bags to make your luggage more compact.

Enjoy your trip!

Stan

If you have been sterilizing all these while, then sterilizing tablets are a good option. I have seen Pigeon brand at Isetan and Mothercare's brand at its store, in KL (we live here).

Otherwise, I stopped sterilizing equipment after my boy started semi-solid food at 6.5 months. Anyway, babies put all kinds of junk into their mouths. Anyway, rarely anyone sterilizes feeding bowls & spoons. Or after washing, rinse the bottles & parts with hot water?

For our trips, I brought instant oat cereal and bread to replace porridge; he also eats white rice with us at restaurants. Fruits such as bananas, apples & pears are easy to bring. A few bottles of pureed veges / fruits as spare.

Though I brought a travel all-in-one steamer/sterilizer/warmer, didn't use it at all cos was busy enjoying the holiday. I figured a few days without porridge is fine.

Oh, I also brought a mini 400ml electric kettle cos some at hotels may be old & rusty.

Use vacuum bags to make your luggage more compact.

Enjoy your trip!
I wanted to buy a mini electric kettle too! hubby says i mst be mad. I will show him your post! wahahaha....

Mummy to Baby V

I wanted to buy a mini electric kettle too! hubby says i mst be mad. I will show him your post! wahahaha....
Haha... We travel quite often between Singapore & KL. On our first trip, we drove and I brought soooo many things that the car was filled except where hubby, baby & I were sitting. Can you believe I brought the bath-tub?!? Subsequently, I bought an inflatable bath-tub. :)

Recently, I bought a travel potty-seat so that my boy can continue potty-training during trips.

By the way, he uses modern cloth diapers even on travels, so a vacuum bag of diapers follow us everywhere.

1 bag of different favourite toys/books is also very important for long road/air trips.

My hubby ALWAYS reminds me to travel light; but as a kiasu mother, it seems like moving house at times.

Fortunately, I breastfed for 14 months, so that lightens the load a little. It was only the recent trip that we started weaning, so had to bring the milk powder, water flask & kettle. Ha!

Stan

Haha... We travel quite often between Singapore & KL. On our first trip, we drove and I brought soooo many things that the car was filled except where hubby, baby & I were sitting. Can you believe I brought the bath-tub?!? Subsequently, I bought an inflatable bath-tub. :)

Recently, I bought a travel potty-seat so that my boy can continue potty-training during trips.

By the way, he uses modern cloth diapers even on travels, so a vacuum bag of diapers follow us everywhere.

1 bag of different favourite toys/books is also very important for long road/air trips.

My hubby ALWAYS reminds me to travel light; but as a kiasu mother, it seems like moving house at times.

Fortunately, I breastfed for 14 months, so that lightens the load a little. It was only the recent trip that we started weaning, so had to bring the milk powder, water flask & kettle. Ha!
High 5!!
I am totally with you. I told hubby if we plan to fly somewhere end of the yr... bathtub can check in..... can you imagine the looks he gave me??

oh yes, my fren brought potty each time they travel too...:001_302:

Last time i go backpacking one, so i can definitely can travel light. BUT like you put it so apt, we are kiasu mothers now...dont think so ah............:err:
The hubbies better help with the load.

ggodetucsamoht

Alpha Male
hi parents, i am preparing a 8days trip to Taiwan in 2 months time too. for sterilise of bottles basically i will rinse off the used bottle immediately after baby drunk finish, and find hot water to final rinse through. night time will cook hot water to do a hot water sterilise once more. so i think a small kettle is efficient and needed.

I am also worry about the food part. i am now exploring into different type of food which might provide for my 1year old girl. i got a slow traveller cooker too, so slow that it take an hour to cook and break up the rice seed. in that case i need to wake up 1 more hour earlier to do the slow porridge cooking.

just now went to shengsiong and found this gadget, a gas cannister table top stove. it is those steamboat stove which able to cook the porridge even faster. and you can cook other stuff like your own food etc....the weight must take into consideration too.

but how do i add taste to the white porridge even if i able to get the porridge cook? i cant be seaching the market and grapping food materials and tack them along throughout the trip right? anyone can advice on this?

another issue is, am i able to check in these type of gas cannister fill up with butane gases onto the airline??

Last edited:

Mummy to Baby V

ggodetucsamoht: If I were you, I'd get sterilizing tablets for sterilisation. Otherwise, not sterilize since I stopped sterilising since my boy started solid foods.

For food, I'd not bring a mini gas stove for fear of fire hazard. (Personally, I cook with electricity and no fire at home.) For travel, a portable mini steamer is good. Instead Porridge can be replaced with instant oats/rice/other cereals, sweet potatoes and potatoes to provide carbohydrates during the trip.

If your toddler only likes porridge, then a small electric cooker can cook porridge in about 45min. If the cooker has a timer function, you can put the rice & water in before bed, leave it on with preset time and it should be ready in the morning.

During travels, it can be tiring and short of time to do cooking & washing etc., so be mentally prepared. Enjoy your upcoming trip. :)