Do u trim ur baby's eyelashes?

lushtear

Ha.. Just curious if this old wives tale is true:

if u trim ur baby's eyelashes so that it will grow longer.

If u really did it, at how old did u start trimming and did u do it urself or at the salon?

Phoebii Cheng

Nope did not trim...did not know abt it....hmmm but I think I will dare not trim too...cos' bb still consider delicate....even trim fingernails also must be extra careful, what more the eyelashes.....:tlaugh:

yan2

Last time in my working place, this canteen lady's daughther (toddler)eyelashes was so long. She told us she trimmed her daughther eyelashes when baby. :)

lushtear

Nope did not trim...did not know about it....hmmm but I think I will dare not trim too...cos' baby still consider delicate....even trim fingernails also must be extra careful, what more the eyelashes.....:tlaugh:
Hmmm.. My hubby actually showed me a pic of his friend's son. The boy trimmed his lashes and it was sooooo long and dark. Dunno whether its an urban legend or just pure coincidence?!?

kams

Wah! u so brave ah! If ur eyelashes don't grow back, time to start wearing falsies eh? haha!

LoVeS

nv try b4 as my kids r too hyper so it would be so hard to trim them n i dun tink i dare to take such risk~

lushtear

never try before as my kids r too hyper so it would be so hard to trim them n i dont tink i dare to take such risk~
It seems that they only trim it when they are asleep.. hahaha i oso damn scare to try.. Anyway, my baby too small to try on her!

LoVeS

It seems that they only trim it when they are asleep.. hahaha i also damn scare to try.. Anyway, my baby too small to try on her!

actually i feel tat if ur kid has long eyelash then gd for her but if she doesnt then nvm aso bcoz if u trim it n turn out is a myth then i tink in future ur ger will blame u for doing tat ~ Juz let her naturally grow bah...who knows maybe slowly her eyelashes will grow longer leh?

apollo

Ha.. Just curious if this old wives tale is true:

if you trim your baby's eyelashes so that it will grow longer.

If you really did it, at how old did you start trimming and did you do it yourself or at the salon?
NO, i did not. i dun dare to take the risk. i rather ds has short eyelashes den taking the risk as bb will move as and when they want w/o 'informing' us.

Ting

nope. pin alr has damn long n thick n gorgeous eyelashes~ :p
uhhh, but i wont take the risk either.
there is always mascara n falsies if she needs them. :)
i didnt even shave her eyebrow!

MummyLeLe

I just trimmed my baby's eyelashes... =)
My mum trimmed mine when I was a baby... & now I really have curl eyelashes... So I do believe they will curl if u trim them... My mum said u can only trim them when ur child is still a lil baby(like below 1-2 yrs old)... If he/she grow older then no use already...
I'm now waiting for my girl's eyelash to thicken & curl... My mum said it will take 1-2 months & u can only do it once...=)

ling.er

I just trimmed my baby's eyelashes... =)
My mum trimmed mine when I was a baby... & now I really have curl eyelashes... So I do believe they will curl if you trim them... My mum said you can only trim them when your child is still a lil baby(like below 1-2 yrs old)... If he/she grow older then no use already...
I'm now waiting for my girl's eyelash to thicken & curl... My mum said it will take 1-2 months & you can only do it once...=)

Agree with MummyLeLe, cos when im still baby i use to stay @ my auntie hus,, She also trim my lashes, Nw i have long lashes ^^

** If those mummy wana try trim ur baby lashes, do it when they r aslp.. Also when they are young, Like mummyLele say.. ^.^
Too bad my baby is a boy so no point trim it lolx:wong19:

Jovy

I tried with my first baby, it did not work i do not think its true. My goddaughter have very long, thick curled eyelashes but her mum never cut. I think luck by luck.

Jovy

btw i tried to cut my lashes 8 yrs back to test, did not work as well but it grew back from its normal length. hehe

sunburst

I don't believe in such things... It is all genetic whether or not have long lashes or lashes that curl. Almost all Indians I have met have such long & thick lashes that curl... Envy!!!

Jovy

I dont't believe in such things... It is all genetic whether or not have long lashes or lashes that curl. Almost all Indians I have met have such long & thick lashes that curl... Envy!!!
Sunburst is right coz i have tried it myself and to my bay did not work :)

ling.er

Adult try no use... MY autie say when young trim is better .. Few Mth old Baby ..I nt sure for those ppl .. But is work for mi Cos my mum & sis do nt have long lash.. But i DO