Do you bathe/wash hair during your confinement period?

daberdew

I did not bathe for the 1st week, subsequent buay tahan, so I was allowed to bathe with the feng chao herbs water (boiled first). Actual shower is on my ds's 1st month!!!

Zzz.... never felt so smelly in my life... LOL.. I also suffer backache very often now but think it's because I bu fang xin my ds with my SIL (who's doing my confinement) so I get up every now and then to see ds.

Apparently, you need to really LIE DOWN and rest during the confinement... :( so too bad for me now..

CanCanMum

i din lie down most of the time coz i sat up to do some work on pc.....for about 2 hours a day lor.....but my mum kept tellin me to lie down ow sure backache de lor.....now ok la, not much backache la....

miumiu_ger

the moment i came back from the hospital... i go and bathe... cant tahan...

for the 1st week.. bathe every 2 days with Da feng chao...

1 week later.. bathe everyday with the herbs...:Dancing_wub:

wawa

Actually I bathe daily with warm water (no herb or whatever) when I gave birth to my 2nd child, I can't stand the heat and also wanted to smell nice (and clean too) when taking care of her. I only order confinement foods and ate them all. Lucky I still have not get any aching (TOUCH WOOD!) at the moment.

ireneongat

Havent bathe for 1 week .. and more to come :( MIL dont allow me to bathe !! *pulls hair*

But she boils lemon grass water for me to wipe myself @_@ I'm using dry shampoo to groom myself daily too.

Miss bathing :( Dont know when she'll cook the herbal water for me..
What kind/brand of dry shampoo did you use? How much does it cost?

Oppsgal

My hubby says to use dry shampoo for hair. Sure very itchy. Wait hair all fall off from scratching, then no need to wash already.

CanCanMum

erm....if u find it a hassle to buy and search for dry shampoo....normal baby powder will work as fine...tats wad i did to my long hair during confinement....sprinkle baby powder on my hair to absorb the oil and dirt.

I bathe everyday & wash hair on alternate days. No special herbs, just warm water. In fact, I wash hair 2nd day in hospital. Didn't even bother to blow dry. Nothing wrong with me now.

Oppsgal

I also scare I cannot stand the heat. No fan and air-con, cannot bath, plus all the bm burp out from bb. :eek:

Smelly and sticky.

CanCanMum

I also scare I cannot stand the heat. No fan and air-con, cannot bath, plus all the bm burp out from bb. :eek:

Smelly and sticky.
aircon can la....just fan cannot...if turn on fan mus blow outside not directly at you...but when sleepin in aircon muz wear long sleeve, long pants and socks....cannot walk around barefoot muz wear socks or bedroom slippers.

My first confinement in the UK in January! So very easy to not wash for one month :) Just had to wash private areas as had stitches and was really important to keep that area clean. Just always made sure the water and room was hot. Didn't wash hair for thirty days - but not so bad as the weather not so hot to make it too smelly. Just greasy - always had to change the pillowcase :)

I thought we don't wash hair as can get a chill after so in UK def important maybe not to wash hair. Soooo cold! But here, as long as you use hot water and blow dry straight after - how to get chill?? Think my confinement will be different here, may wash every other day with hot water and herbs. Wash hair at least every three days. Don't want to be so smelly my baby don't like me :001_302:

wawa

i intending to bathe again during my upcoming confinement. No choice, I got nose sensitive. I am unable to sleep with air-con on and too warm with only fan if unable to bathe. I didn't bathe during my 1st confinement, got my mum controlling me. That's my worst mth, only manage to bathe once! I don't even consider that as bathing, mum was rushing me outside asking me to finish up faster but the water was so hot that it burn your skin (she put alot ginger in it to make sure the water doesn't cool down -.-). In the end I only manage to splash abit of water on myself only.

Jovyna

i tahan for 6 days den go wash my hair liao... but its after some begging lar... den after the bath, i tahan for another week again... now i'm still doing my confinement at home... 5th session of my massage, my hair is damned oily le... cant stand it den beg my CL to let me bath again... other than these few bath sessions, i was only allow towel wipe to clean up my body... haiz...

joanne6298

i have a question.. If you the herbs and bath, can i use shower foam and wash body than use the herbs water to rinse off or the bathing with herbs is ONLY bathing with herbs only??

please advise

oh ya. and dry shampoo can be bought at unity or chinese med store.

Last edited:

CanCanMum

i used soap den herbs to wash off....coz soaps are cleaner during this period....kekekekeke

and the water temperature is scalding kind....

mommy.loves

At first i don't. But after 1 week of not bathing, i buay tahan(smelly, oily hair and sticky) and i beg my mum to let me bath so she brought herbs to let me bath. hahas.

kym

I bath everyday during my confinement with herbs and washed my hair every week but dried my hair immediately with hair dryer. My confinement lady allowed me to do so for hygiene purposes, especially I was breast feeding my baby.

Jane Chow

I think it is important to bath during confinement for hygiene purposes...imgaine not bathing for 1 mth....OMG!!!..but must remember to dry yrself very quickly after bath.