Do you bathe/wash hair during your confinement period?

Beanie

Haha i bath every single day when i cum bk hm from hospital. But i try to wash my hair once a week if i can tahan, if cannot then i will wash my hair twice a week.

pink_daisy

saw alot mummies saying tt got a powder for hair?? may i noe where to get it and hw does the bottle looks lik?? cos i doubt my mum will let me wash hair lo =(((

as for c-sect, it's okay to bathe anytime aft the OP rite??

u opting for c-sect? if so, mayb u can chk with the nurse/ doc b4 u bath.. i oso c-sect one but i didnt bath... the wound still hurt tat time... walking oso muz slowly slowly for fear the stitches might open up!!!!

apollo

u opting for c-sect? if so, mayb u can chk with the nurse/ doc b4 u bath.. i oso c-sect one but i didnt bath... the wound still hurt tat time... walking oso muz slowly slowly for fear the stitches might open up!!!!
i asked my gynae's nurse, she said she also c-sect and bathe the next day onwards.. think i ask my gynae on the next appt better... LOL... anw i think 1st few days go toilet also go pro lo... haha...

oh ya, i cant find the powder for hair at guardian.... anyone can tell me the brand name also and usually where they place e products? as in, with nomral shampoo or near counter??? thks thks... :tlaugh:

pink_daisy

Mom actually dun let mi bathe de.
on day one,i already buitahan.
Mom ask mi to go wipe myself can le.
I cry and cry inside e toilet,making my mom and my hubby worry.
Coz i having alot symptons of having post natal depression.

End up,my mom let mi bathe on day 3 when i need to bring DS to polyclinic for check up.
Coz i say i dun wan go out if i nvr bathe.

Till now,one wk pass since delivery of DS,i bathe for 3days and wash hair for 2days le.
Am hoping to bathe every single day lo.
Nvr bathe really lik so dirty.
Still need BF bb.
Sweat and sweat till i bui tahan oso.
actually older folks believe if u bath n shampoo with some herbal n ginger pieces then the wind wont go into ur body n head...it is better if u can get those 1st lor... i understand, very hot n sweaty...whole body sticky n the hair oily n smelly...somemore breast-feeding so wan to stay clean but tahan...

i oso got depression...almost want to take baby n jump out fm the balcony.... try to talk to someone la if u can... if cant then blog or come here n let it all out!

pink_daisy

i asked my gynae's nurse, she said she also c-sect and bathe the next day onwards.. think i ask my gynae on the next appt better... LOL... anw i think 1st few days go toilet also go pro lo... haha...

oh ya, i cant find the powder for hair at guardian.... anyone can tell me the brand name also and usually where they place e products? as in, with nomral shampoo or near counter??? thks thks... :tlaugh:
go wee wee no problem...coz the nurse will ask u to try to go toilet after the ops....but for the 'big business', i dare not use force..haha...scare mah! scare the stitches open up then muz go back re-stitch...

apollo

go wee wee no problem...coz the nurse will ask u to try to go toilet after the ops....but for the 'big business', i dare not use force..haha...scare mah! scare the stitches open up then muz go back re-stitch...
but b4 OP they will ask u go poo poo rite?? i think i sure constipation aft birth.. hehe..

pink_daisy

but b4 OP they will ask u go poo poo rite?? i think i sure constipation aft birth.. hehe..
after op oso... but actually doesnt matter la...coz c-sect mah.... ur lower half body all numb liao..wont feel the urge to go toilet... take more fruits n veges after birth.. oso benefits ur bb when u breastfeed =)

apollo

after op oso... but actually doesnt matter la...coz c-sect mah.... ur lower half body all numb liao..wont feel the urge to go toilet... take more fruits n veges after birth.. oso benefits ur bb when u breastfeed =)
noted!!! izzit if aft op no poopoo/urine cannot go home??

YES~! they will ask euu to go shhh-shhh/poo poo before discharge... make sure your numbness is gone...... euu can b able to shhh-shhh / poooooo pooooooooo..

C-sECT
i 3rd day bathed....... then right side the sticker on wound not sticky...... due to water entered into the " plaster"..... i thought nothing.... my in law says nothing... sister in law also say nothing..... then impossible 3rd day go find back gynae ma.... doctor in hospital during discharge said, couple of days can remove... then i dint bother i.........

end up........
MY RIGHT SIDE GOT SCAR.......left side totally recover nice nice... right side got 2cm scar..... ugly..........

try the guardian DEMO-dunno what cream... i apply throughout my confinement on the scar......... left and middle and right scar......... really recover well...... except that part wherby i ignore the "plaster" stick off

apollo

YES~! they will ask euu to go shhh-shhh/poo poo before discharge... make sure your numbness is gone...... euu can b able to shhh-shhh / poooooo pooooooooo..

C-sECT
i 3rd day bathed....... then right side the sticker on wound not sticky...... due to water entered into the " plaster"..... i thought nothing.... my in law says nothing... sister in law also say nothing..... then impossible 3rd day go find back gynae ma.... doctor in hospital during discharge said, couple of days can remove... then i dint bother i.........

end up........
MY RIGHT SIDE GOT SCAR.......left side totally recover nice nice... right side got 2cm scar..... ugly..........

try the guardian DEMO-dunno what cream... i apply throughout my confinement on the scar......... left and middle and right scar......... really recover well...... except that part wherby i ignore the "plaster" stick off
if cant poo den cannot discharge ah??? eh not everytime got feeling de mah...:embarrassed:

Believe or NOT to believe old folks' tale??

Honestly, it's better to believe and follow.. after all, it's only a short period of suffering.

What happen if you do get to face rheumatism and other problems as one ages.. not worth it.

I heard of horror stories from people who showered and wash hair every day just like any other day during confinement.. and now, suffering from this silly wind in the head and body. Suffering from migraine and other times, can't explain but the wind just moves around in the body causing discomfort. Especially during rainy days.

Think about it. Your call?

pink_daisy

C-sECT

end up........

oh dear....who took care of u during your confinement month? didnt she mention to u? b4 u discharge fm hospital, didnt the nurse tell u not to wet the wound?

BzBaby

Believe or NOT to believe old folks' tale??

Honestly, it's better to believe and follow.. after all, it's only a short period of suffering.

What happen if you do get to face rheumatism and other problems as one ages.. not worth it.

I heard of horror stories from people who showered and wash hair every day just like any other day during confinement.. and now, suffering from this silly wind in the head and body. Suffering from migraine and other times, can't explain but the wind just moves around in the body causing discomfort. Especially during rainy days.

Think about it. Your call?
um.. i only believ to a certain extend.. coz those old uncles oso hav rheumatism or migraines or watever sickness la.. so i secretly shower n wash my hair everyday.. :we2biglaugh:

apollo

actu it's alright to bath but maybe not everyday... esp washing hair... Tt day just tok to my CL.. she said can bath as long as we really DRY up ourselves... esp if we're breastfeeding BB... i'm sure mummies here wont wan ur BB to suck ur sweat with BM right??

i will try not to wash hair as long as possible but as for bathing, i will bath as i wanna try BF-ing BB... =D