Do you bathe/wash hair during your confinement period?

siohchong

i bath when i was in the hospital... every 2 day wah my hair... cannot stand la so hot and sticky.. i also wan to be clean as i breastfeeding,,,, :)

Believe or NOT to believe old folks' tale??

Honestly, it's better to believe and follow.. after all, it's only a short period of suffering.

What happen if you do get to face rheumatism and other problems as one ages.. not worth it.

I heard of horror stories from people who showered and wash hair every day just like any other day during confinement.. and now, suffering from this silly wind in the head and body. Suffering from migraine and other times, can't explain but the wind just moves around in the body causing discomfort. Especially during rainy days.

Think about it. Your call?
For me i wun believe lor. My grandfather also suffer from rheumatism, so dun tell me he give birth oso meh?

apollo

For me i wun believe . My grandfather also suffer from rheumatism, so dont tell me he give birth also meh?
ya, when u grow older like 50++ onwards, pro willstart to come.. it's our "engine" slower down liao... and also lik wat some ppl said,ang mo also nv do confinement even they give birth in winter.. haha...

my CL-to-be told me as long as we wipe dry dry aft bathing and take more tonic during confinement, it's okay to bathe and even wash hair...

jellybnzw

I wiped with wet towel cos I was super kia see with my c-sec wound. But for hair I used the dry shampoo. Very useful, got rid of all the oily feeling in my hair. Started to bath in full spray of water after 3weeks. My hubby was the one who stressed the no shower!

shaynamommy

after I washed my hair, I rubbed some cognac/VSOP to the scalp (those that comes with the hamper and nobody wants to drink type) and blow dry. very shiok

LoveBebe

if cant poo then cannot discharge ??? eh not everytime got feeling mah...
I can't pee after giving natural birth. So the gynae had to insert sth to me to pee directly into the "pee bag" (no feeling/urge to pee)
After 4days then I finally manage to pee abit. (so pain!) Then can discharge.

Anyway, I bath everyday using the water boiled with chinese herbs.
And wash my hair twice per week but without shampoo.

chelle

I bathe and wash my hair during alternate day, really will die if dun bathe.

But i did not bathe when in hospital, did not even brush my teeth and wash my face, only want to lie in bed coz wound super painful even with painkiller

Angeldust

Personally i dun believe in not showering and shampooing.
First thing Hygiene, we gotta breastfeed or even carry our baby and we are bleeding down there also. Later get infection how?
Secondly, our grandparents rainy days also here pain der pain. And our grandmothers back in the olden days definitely do follow the old traditions...
Our grandfathers, dun tell me man also give birth meh? They also raining season here pain der pain wat...
My husband's auntie, married with no kids. Also raining season here pain der pain. Then a little bit will fall sick.

So thats why I think its quite silly to follow all this traditions. It depends from young, how were we taken care of or what. Sometimes things happen concidentally but the older generation always link it back to something else...

my 2 cents worth...

i agree! all these chinese beliefs sometimes dont really apply to hot, tropical sg.
i drank cold water daily & had lots of ice cream during pregnancy n my boy is healthy & fine.

ynove

Well, just to add to mummies' resources.. I was reading up online about these things and was preparing to buy packs of herbal bath for my confinement in April 2013, when I found that there are confinement shower gels and shampoos around!

Some links to online shops (mostly in SG):

Singapore- Origins Jamu Massage - Lemongrass Confinement Shower Gel
A shop@home.pro E-commerce Site
Pregnancy/Confinement - MotherhoodWeCare Online Shop
Loving Avenue

I'm gonna buy a bottle to try them out, ahead of my confinement, to see if I like the smell and if they are indeed as warming as they claim to be. Will post after I try!

Mreow Mreow

Well, just to add to mummies' resources.. I was reading up online about these things and was preparing to buy packs of herbal bath for my confinement in April 2013, when I found that there are confinement shower gels and shampoos around!

Some links to online shops (mostly in SG):

Singapore- Origins Jamu Massage - Lemongrass Confinement Shower Gel
A [email]shop@home.pro[/email] E-commerce Site
Pregnancy/Confinement - MotherhoodWeCare Online Shop
Loving Avenue

I'm gonna buy a bottle to try them out, ahead of my confinement, to see if I like the smell and if they are indeed as warming as they claim to be. Will post after I try!

Wow!
thanks a lot for the update!! I will check out the products too! :)

I am jus curious about 1 thing...

Old folks mention that our pores are open after natural birth.
So we have to use warm water with herbs to bath.....

Hmm, isn't it a known fact that warm water, or anything hot, causes expansion?
so won't warm water on our pores make our pores open even bigger??

Shouldnt cold water minimize our pore size & make them smaller?

Can anyone enlighten me? :)

Soooo confused!

ling.er

The lemon glass bathing gel i did bought. It had a very nice lemon glass smell which it left your skin cooling after you bath.
I already start using before i confinement ^^

Other mum can try out.

MamaDT

Hello Mummies

Anyone tried the dry shampoo , healing bottom spray from little dreamers? Haha feel like buying .... And also the lemongrass shampoo?

Wanted to buy the bath gel but my MIL bought the traditional confinement herbal bath already... Haha so I think no choice gotta use that :( haha

lovepixie

Mreow Mreow,

i bought post natal set from TANAMERA Postnatal and dry shampoo from Guardian, Comfty Care (recommended by my sis who use it for vanity purpose before meeting.. or wake up too early forgot wash hair..).. i tried the Comfy Care dry shampoo.. not a fan of it.. makes me have flaky dandruff... i guess i will have to buy Oscar Blandi spray type dry shampoo frm Sephora to 'test drive'.

I love the VCO and soap from tanamera.. others yet to use because pregnancy cant use those yet..

verieying

I used Klorane Dry spray too... smell strong when u first spray but after that.. it is gone.. like the fact tat it just turns into Powder like material for u to comb thru?

For bathing, i use DaFeng Cao, but Cetaphil to dry clean too! Cetaphil apply all over, then i wipe with Wet tissue or warm towel. Keep myself clean! ;)

MamaDT

I used Klorane Dry spray too... smell strong when u first spray but after that.. it is gone.. like the fact tat it just turns into Powder like material for u to comb thru?

For bathing, i use DaFeng Cao, but Cetaphil to dry clean too! Cetaphil apply all over, then i wipe with Wet tissue or warm towel. Keep myself clean! ;)
Hi Verieying, where can i buy the dry shampoo spray? is it good for confinement? Thanks!