Do you bathe/wash hair during your confinement period?

kym

mi too.. i use those powdered de dry shampoo... lalala.. but i did wash the dishes n wash my hands quite regularly n wash up my DD b4 bed withtap water!!! hahaha....

My sil did that too, but after few years she very regret because her finger all numb and pain during rain season... She had to see Chinese doctor for treatment.

CJmom

nope not hair loss prob....but they claimed when u r older, will experience headaches and migraines.
OIC... phew... cannot go without my crowning glory... but headaches and migraines no nit to wait till old, now already have LOL...
:tlaugh:

Dee Ho

I tahan for 7 days without shampooing using the "dry shampoo" by then my hair smell like a dead rats... cannot take it... immediately wash my hair on the 8th day!! From there I bath with herbal water and wash hair alternate days.... Whew!!

if i have my next one.... I tink I ll not tahan till the 8th day.... will start right from the first day i reach home... LOL:nah:

joeichen

i agreed that ang moh nvr do confinement oso.
My massage lady explain that is bocz they have diff eating habit since young compare to we asian n we have diff genes oso if not hw we explain y they have gold hair n white skin while we have black/brown hair n yellow skin?????

autumn82

My sil did that too, but after few years she very regret because her finger all numb and pain during rain season... She had to see Chinese doctor for treatment.
Wahsei... How many yrs later? I must start to plan liao. LOL. DH turn to stay home and look after kids. Haha. :p

I was practically as per normal or in fact using more water coz it was so warm! LOL.

autumn82

i agreed that ang moh nvr do confinement oso.
My massage lady explain that is bocz they have diff eating habit since young compare to we asian n we have diff genes oso if not hw we explain y they have gold hair n white skin while we have black/brown hair n yellow skin?????
Different people, different beliefs.. Just like Christians dun offer joss sticks.. Heh.

kuan

Actually, hear-say that not bathing during confinement orignated from china. Because there are 4 seasons there, so when weather is cold, they don't bathe during confinement. And another hear-say,to bathe or not depends on whether u have natural birth or c-section. During natural birth, our pores will open up due to pushing, so wind will go in. So if want to bathe have 2 use herbs, ginger, etc. C-section, no worries, anything can. So 4 me, both pregnancy end up on the op table. 1st time no experience, so tahan 4 3 days, then shower with boiled herbs. After that, shower on alternate days (with boiled hers also). 2nd time, "bo-chap", shower everyday with warm water. How can don't shower during confinement when its soooooo hot in S'pore. Confinement period already very frustating:wemad:, so i think keep yourself fresh will make u feel much better.:Dancing_tongue:

CJmom

C-section, no worries, anything can.
Think that's prob the reason why I so far ok (touchwood) when I have colleagues who touched water when she gave birth 17 yrs ago! And up till today her fingers are still numb and cannot open every morning. Have to "warm" up first. Think for my 2nd one if natural, will be more KS.

Personally i dun believe in not showering and shampooing.
First thing Hygiene, we gotta breastfeed or even carry our baby and we are bleeding down there also. Later get infection how?
Secondly, our grandparents rainy days also here pain der pain. And our grandmothers back in the olden days definitely do follow the old traditions...
Our grandfathers, dun tell me man also give birth meh? They also raining season here pain der pain wat...
My husband's auntie, married with no kids. Also raining season here pain der pain. Then a little bit will fall sick.

So thats why I think its quite silly to follow all this traditions. It depends from young, how were we taken care of or what. Sometimes things happen concidentally but the older generation always link it back to something else...

my 2 cents worth...

snowbear

I started washing my hair from the fourth day after i gave birth and started bathing with herbs 1 week after delivery (coz gynae's advice was to keep the C-sect wound dry for a week). Dun bathe not as bad as dun wash hair!!!

honestbees

heehe,, i am pretty old, and who wants to guess how long i was without washing hair for 1st/2nd confinement? you'll get a treat from me.... :001_302:

CanCanMum

heehe,, i am pretty old, and who wants to guess how long i was without washing hair for 1st/2nd confinement? you'll get a treat from me.... :001_302:
eh......interesting i like guessing games hehehehe

3 choices can bo?

1) 30 days?

2) 40 days?

3) 12 days?

Frenchkitty

My Hubby & MIL dont allow me to bathe for at least 1 week and cannot wash hair also but i secretly bathe hahahah cos since I gave birth to go home, I nr bathe and wash hair for 4 days.. I think that is more than enough lah hahahaha

somemore weather is so hot!!!

smiley811

My Hubby & MIL dont allow me to bathe for at least 1 week and cannot wash hair also but i secretly bathe hahahah cos since I gave birth to go home, I nr bathe and wash hair for 4 days.. I think that is more than enough lah hahahaha

somemore weather is so hot!!!

Wahahaha... I a little bit same as you wor...

My hubby and confinement aunty also dun allow me to take a shower. I only wiped myself with a wet cloth everyday for 10 days. Until the 10th day, I buay tahan... die die want to bath... then confinement aunty prepared a bucket of black black water for me to wash myself...

One bucket of water where got enough to wash body plus hair??? So I secretly switched on the heater and bathed like nobody's business....

That was in Oct 2007. Up till now, I dun have symptoms like here pain there pain leh (choy choy choy touch wood)... so for my upcoming confinement, I am not going to heed old people's advice.

I AM GOING TO BATHE AND WASH HAIR DAILY!!! wahahahaha... This is called personal hygience mah... I intend to breastfeed de leh... dun bathe how can??? :001_302:

ger-mummy

For 1st week, i wiped my body with herbs use dry shampoo. But 2nd week onwards, i switched on heated & bathe & wash hair on alternate day. Now still on confinement period left with 10 day to go... Yeah

apollo

saw alot mummies saying tt got a powder for hair?? may i noe where to get it and hw does the bottle looks lik?? cos i doubt my mum will let me wash hair lo =(((

as for c-sect, it's okay to bathe anytime aft the OP rite??

ger-mummy

saw alot mummies saying tt got a powder for hair?? may i noe where to get it and hw does the bottle looks lik?? cos i doubt my mum will let me wash hair lo =(((

as for c-sect, it's okay to bathe anytime aft the OP rite??
the dry shampoo is green col bottle spray type, can buy at guardian @ $8.50 (bought on april 09').

princessminn

Mom actually dun let mi bathe de.
on day one,i already buitahan.
Mom ask mi to go wipe myself can le.
I cry and cry inside e toilet,making my mom and my hubby worry.
Coz i having alot symptons of having post natal depression.

End up,my mom let mi bathe on day 3 when i need to bring DS to polyclinic for check up.
Coz i say i dun wan go out if i nvr bathe.

Till now,one wk pass since delivery of DS,i bathe for 3days and wash hair for 2days le.
Am hoping to bathe every single day lo.
Nvr bathe really lik so dirty.
Still need BF bb.
Sweat and sweat till i bui tahan oso.