DO you believe in praying to have children?

Agar123

Does anyone of you here believe in praying to have children?

My friend who has a child recently said she read an article about 送子观音, that people go temple and pray to goddess to have a child.

She doesn't have any religion. So last two years she and her hubby has been trying to concieve for a long time and never pregnant. So she started reading bible and look for fertility prayer on the internet but she didn't work out, so a few months later, her grandma asked her to go pai tai shui and she said she make a wish to have a child this year(2010). and she casually went guan yin temple in bugis to pray and casually make a wish to have a child. And only doing that, she was told by her aunt that praying for fertility is not good as "What is Given can Be Taken Away." She stopped praying for a child even if it's casually. But she got pregnant at the end of september 2010 after she stopped praying.

Does she has any sins?

lyra

Try not to think about such stuff and focus on the pregnancy and the soon to be born baby. It's a happy thing! Haha. Don't let superstitious things cloud the happiness. Praying and wishing is very normal. We make a wish when we blow our birthday candles too n it's not a sin to wish, is it?

I don't believe in praying to have baby but it's no harm to pray and wish for something.

Dilys

My friend who has a child recently said she read an article about 送子观音, that people go temple and pray to goddess to have a child.

She doesn't have any religion. So last two years she and her hubby has been trying to concieve for a long time and never pregnant. So she started reading bible and look for fertility prayer on the internet but she didn't work out, so a few months later, her grandma asked her to go pai tai shui and she said she make a wish to have a child this year(2010). and she casually went guan yin temple in bugis to pray and casually make a wish to have a child. And only doing that, she was told by her aunt that praying for fertility is not good as "What is Given can Be Taken Away." She stopped praying for a child even if it's casually. But she got pregnant at the end of september 2010 after she stopped praying.

Does she has any sins?
Hi

Personally I don't believe it praying to get a baby ! Is really up to fate .. If u r meant to have a baby u will have it ! :) have a peaceful mind & just let nature take it course ... The time comes it will come.

Natashasingh

I feel so, before I conceive I started prayer and for 9month I was doing prayers...as per my astrologer......actually it totally depend how u feel....if u believe u can....

angiebaby

i pray to have baby and i did have one now, i pray that she will be recover fast when she sick and she did, some people believe but it doesnt means you must believe also, i pray when i remember, when i busy till dont even have time to go toilet, i forgot to pray, it all depends on your heart, not the god.

Mummies trying hard to get pregnant, have u ever notice that it always seems like those not trying or dosent want a baby seems to get pregnant so easily. N those who r trying so hard badly wants one seems so impossible to succeed?
Im one who believes strongly in fate. Put that aside, i think it all gotta do with the Emotions.
When two r so stress up over 'i want a baby', the body somewhat gets affected. Quality of egg n sperms might get affected too. Scientifically proven or not i donno. But sounds logical isnt it? I believe stress does affect alot on our body that we dont know about. Hormones n all etc etc~
i would always suggest shun qi zi ran, let nature takes its course. Best is if those trying can forget abt trying. Both parties take a break. Try to find back the madly in love feelings both once had. Ahem ahem cos u love each other n wants it. Instead of just wanting a baby. Mayb take a break n go for 2nd honeymoon. Forget all abt the work/in-laws/stress pressure. Just enjoy the company of your love~ u may just come back with a surprise.

Tannie

Actually Agar123, I din quite understand ur qn... Y do u ask if she has sin?... We r not god, we r in no position to judge if she has any sin. I think it is perfectly alright to pray... Pray for kids, health, peace etc... Depends on ur faith...

xiaodaisy

to each their believe .. for a couple who want for a kid badly , they would try all sorts of method whether practical or not but no harm trying as long it doesnt hurt anyone or urself =)

Sad 33

Does she has any sins?
hi agar,
thanks for sharing this info...it gives me more thinking to what i have done.
in fact i prayed so hard for one when i was at temple but ended with a mc. like u quoted above '
praying for fertility is not good as "What is Given can Be Taken Away."...perhaps i shldn't have ask for the not supposed to be?

anyway i share this info with my husband right here with me and he say me don't be so superstition. he says is because all along i have weak woman health.

further another thing that my mum tells me when i mc is that whatever is not mine, is not mine no matter how hard i fight for it.....she also says 1 no yuan feng with the baby so it goes away. she says children must have yuan feng with parents and no matter what, the child will want to be with us.

just think positively on all things.....

Last edited:

Acy

Hi,

This is based on my personal experiences.
I went there to pray sum time in sept 2009. I seldom step in there to pray, at most 5-6 times throughout all these years. Btw, I am 33 years old. But on that day I n my hubby happen to be ar the area and I thou y not go in and pray since we are ar there. The moment I went in and pray with the incenses, after praying, I step into the hall, suddenly I got a feeling to 求签, where in my whole life, I only did once. So I did. My prayer was : whether would I have a baby in this 2009, (it was already sept 2009),I got a "approved" 签 n went to see whats does it interpret. It was a good one. I can only remember the most significant words ".....,a Son is on the way." I was kinda shocked cos it gave me such a direct answer, but I am pleased. Ad I promise to kuanyin goodness for the first time that if I am conceived, I would come here every month to pray to you. And on 5 Nov 2009, I was pregnant. I keep my words and came to the temple to pray monthly for the safety n healthy of me and my unborn child.Following my pregnancy at 4mths plus, the gender was a
Boy! I still continue throughout monthly to pray till I gave birth, and on my son's full month I brought him to the temple and pray.again, I thanks guanyin for blessing me with such a healthy baby and I had a safe delivery. Again, I promise that I would bring my son monthly Wout fail to pray. My son did not fall sick at all and consider "quite lucky" until he was 22 months. Btw, he is 30months now.he suffer fever, vomit, and nearly fainted, was really in bad shape for 5days, I was devasted, and he did not have any jabs nor ate any wrong food etc..what could it be? When he was nearly well, I remember I didn't went to pray with my son for 2months plus. Ladies, prob u say I msuoerstitious, but when I remember and onwards,continue my monthly prayers with my son to the godness., everythg was well for us. Last week, I went as usual and suddenly got the feel to 求签again, I ask, "I and my hubby are planning for another baby this year. Will we have another one and will it be a girl? Again, my 签 was "approved" and I got the nos 61. It was a medium one, I like it. The most significant words is " ...., and your wife will have a girl...." I was happy and of course,I am not pregnant yet and would update if I got pregnant again. This time, if it is proven true again, I m telling you, if u don't trust the godness, whatever won't come true too. Let us see few months down the road:)
btw, I got a gf who has been married for few long years n been wanting to conceive, she tried so many methods even coming to the temple to 求签, she asked on 3 occasions over these years, and the answer she got is "no children". I don't know whether is it coincidental or not, and is up to u all to believe.. Good luck every ladies and happy 2013!!
*PS: SORRY for being so long winded, just wana explain clearly*