Do you bind your tummy if you have a C-section?

ParasiteEve

Sorry.. I dunno if i am using the right word (bind). Its the wrap that you use on your tummy during confinement period so your tummy gets smaller faster.

For those who had a C-section, do you still use the tummy wrap after that? When it is safe to start using it?

Thanks!

January84

hi, the massage is suitable for C-section as well. After 1 week of your op, you can start.

I did not have c-section but natural delivery. I did check with my massage lasy that time, she said for c-section, the best time to warp is 7 days later, after your wound heal.

January84

each is diff... for me, my massage lady say we do for 3 days first den see the result, cos no point taking package as u might not be that heavy water retention.

For me, i bind for 5 days as i enjoy the massage but nothing to bind.... so nv continue after that... hahah...

Normally, others will have a package of 7 - 10 days.

ParasiteEve

Is a massage really necessary?

I got no one to massage me here. I am in Perth. I was hoping the binding itself will be enough :(

January84

actually the massage is to clear water retention and "dirty blood" out, help to clear the wind in you, and will "push" back the womb if its out of place, binding is just a part of slimming.

=)

Pink daisy

For my case 3 days after my C-sect I put on the binder, (all day, only takes off when sleeping) for 1.5 full months

Pink daisy

Wow Pink daisy - you are so cool. still do it for 1.5months.

You using wrap or girdle?
Thanks :shyxxx: mine is wrap (i found girdle too troublesome leh)
It's most irritating period coz i feel v much strained, but it's v important period to push back ur figures

January84

U mean binder got the massage one? like OSIM? :err:
Mine is just normal wrap....

hahaha, miscomm,,,, sory, i tot its the post natal massage where they do binding too...

oh, what kind u using? how much? good anot? if got $$ i also want to buy ley... heheheheheh!!!

Pink daisy

Me oso no massage ointment or jamu...just plain binder that I put on religiously...actually the first few weeks of binding is enough..but me is a kiasu case :Dancing_tongue:

Is a massage really necessary?

I got no one to massage me here. I am in Perth. I was hoping the binding itself will be enough :(

psbadzt

Me oso no massage ointment or jamu...just plain binder that I put on religiously...actually the first few weeks of binding is enough..but me is a kiasu case :Dancing_tongue:
Hi Pink Daisy,

Just curious, how long did it take for your tummy to flatten after wearing the binder? I'm only wearing it in the day only and I still look 6 months pregnant after wearing it for 12 days!

Rgds,
psbadzt

-SRI-

I'm gone thru c-section.. put on the velcro binder on my 2nd day of OP.. its to prevent my flabby tummy frm touching my wound area.. wear it everday.. took it out when i wanna wash it or when i perspire alot..

my gynae was the one that told me to use the abdominal support/binder after my c-section. purpose was to help support the wound and prevent overstraining. i started the day after my c-section. you can use for as long as you feel you need it.

LSmummy

Gynae helps me to put on the binder straight after my op.
i had the binder on for 2mths 24 hrs. unless bf-ing, shower will remove.
it really helps thou.

psbadzt

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the advise! I guess I should just coontinue wearing it for as long as possible, but it really feels super hot and sweaty....=P

Rgds,
psbadzt