Do you brin your bb swimming?

Hi mummies i wld like to find out @ wat age do u bring ur bb for a swim?
and usu for hw long? tried to bring my 6mths old gal for a swim dat dae @ my inlaw condo. @ 1st she was afraid i think cse she keeps wanting to cry but after some time n changing to jacuzzi pool ( water tempt is warm ) n comforting ( sing songs etc) she managed to swim for abt 15mins.

may i noe where to get swimwear n floats for 6 mths old baby? best if its cheap n gd? wld like to get those wetsuite kind for my bb gal cse scare she will get exposure to sun n also sometimes after sitting in e float for 2 long e sticthing part will cut her arm n thighs.

as nw is e GSS so wld like to get a proper set o swimwear for her. hw abt those shops @ tanglin mall where e whole shop sells bb swimwear but i think e price is a bit steep but if its value for $ i dun mind or i can get a decent piece from Fox, kiddy palace or mothercare? i wld also like cute floats where bb can sit inside any idea where can i get it from?

thks

as for diapers do u buy e 1 from huggies call little swimmers or sth rite ?

lushtear

Hi mummies i wld like to find out @ what age do you bring your baby for a swim?
and usu for hw long? tried to bring my 6mths old gal for a swim dat dae @ my inlaw condo. @ 1st she was afraid i think cse she keeps wanting to cry but after some time n changing to jacuzzi pool ( water tempt is warm ) n comforting ( sing songs etc) she managed to swim for about 15mins.

may i know where to get swimwear n floats for 6 mths old baby? best if its cheap n good? wld like to get those wetsuite kind for my baby gal cse scare she will get exposure to sun n also sometimes after sitting in e float for 2 long e sticthing part will cut her arm n thighs.

as now is e GSS so wld like to get a proper set o swimwear for her. hw about those shops @ tanglin mall where e whole shop sells baby swimwear but i think e price is a bit steep but if its value for $ i dont mind or i can get a decent piece from Fox, kiddy palace or mothercare? i wld also like cute floats where baby can sit inside any idea where can i get it from?

thks

as for diapers do you buy e 1 from huggies call little swimmers or something rite ?
So far, i only bring my 2.5 mth baby to hwaxia cos she's too young for the condo pool.

I think Hwa Xia sells the swimming floats u r talking bt.. It is a ring float but with a additional "underwear" so the baby can sit in it. I think it is rather exp.. ard $30 if i'm not wrong.. I can check it out for u since i'll b there tm.

As for the swimming diaper, u can get lil swimmers from Giant cos i got mine from there.

diymummy

I brought my son swimming at country club's pool at 9 mths.

I bought thermal swim wear for him from Mothercare.

It's impt to use sunblock to prevent sun burns.

wintermelon

Hi mummies, i jus brought my 6 mth old boy to swim 2 weeks back. Bought all his swimming gear at kiddy palace coz nw GSS gt 15% off. Bought a float which he can sit inside with a small coconut tree cost <$20 after discount. Sld go n check it out. He loves to swim n play water bt remember safety is still the most impt..

mummypooh

Hi,
i bring my boy for swimming at 6mths. I bought his body swim suit at Fox during sales, neck float from baby hyperstore n it only cost less than 20 bucks. My pigeon water proof sunscreen was from Robinson n I tint kiddy palace Also sells this.

I brought my baby to swim at 6 months...cry non stop, as im inexperience and don't know why...then my clever mother in law...told me say my baby is always bathing in warm water..thus the pool cold water make my baby scare...then my mother in law starting to let my baby play in the tub with cold water...and true enough...after a month...we brought our baby to swiming again...and he no longer scare.

You can get baby swim wear from..takashimaya swimwear section, mothercare( more expensive), fox (price reasonable), Baby Gap (which i like alot, since design like diver suit-cover most of the skin) and i think some bigger NTUC store also have baby swimwear.

i see the online website selling neckfloat for $24+, don't know if my baby like it or not...so don't wish to invest in so ex one.. did post a request if anyone giving or selling the used neck float at a cheap price...but no respond...but i'm so happy that last wed i finally bought brand new one for less than$10.

if you concern with clorinated water..just remember to bath your baby after swim...anyway for infant...we should not le
t them in the pool for more than half an hour lor...and furthermore...so many pple are sharing/ using the pool..i will feel more secure with some amount of clorine in the water to kill germs man.

Last edited:

cmeilim

we prefer to err on the side of caution and only allowed our boy into the public pool when he was 10 months old (before that, it was just the inflatable pool at home), and even then, we started with the cleaner hotel pool when we go travelling. now we use the pool at my workplace (campus), which i guess is still not as crowded and well-used as a true public swimming pool. my boy only wears swim diapers. we got him a reusable one - iplay brand - from a blogshop.

Sheila

I bought my son for his 1st swimming at 3 months old at the swimming complex.. he loves it.. now he's 4 months old and we bring his twice a month..

Hi mummies i wld like to find out @ what age do you bring your baby for a swim?
and usu for hw long? tried to bring my 6mths old gal for a swim dat dae @ my inlaw condo. @ 1st she was afraid i think cse she keeps wanting to cry but after some time n changing to jacuzzi pool ( water tempt is warm ) n comforting ( sing songs etc) she managed to swim for about 15mins.

[iceydagon] we went to bukit batok baby pool and we choose to go at 4pm after the sun about to set but not set as the water temp will be slightly warm and just nice. 2-3pm is still too hot for baby.

may i know where to get swimwear n floats for 6 mths old baby? best if its cheap n good? wld like to get those wetsuite kind for my baby gal cse scare she will get exposure to sun n also sometimes after sitting in e float for 2 long e sticthing part will cut her arm n thighs.

[iceydagon] bought my son a reusable swimming trunk in march at the baby fair in expo for $20. brought my son to swimming last month when he was 10mths. 1st tried was at 3mths n he went after his milk feed so he only soak in the pool a while around 5mins then i brought him up, dress him n he doze off. haha. that time we didnt know have this swimming diaper or swimming runks for babies, so we just dump him in with his usual diaper n it was so soak with pool water when we came out.. haha

as now is e GSS so wld like to get a proper set o swimwear for her. hw about those shops @ tanglin mall where e whole shop sells baby swimwear but i think e price is a bit steep but if its value for $ i dont mind or i can get a decent piece from Fox, kiddy palace or mothercare? i wld also like cute floats where baby can sit inside any idea where can i get it from?

[iceydagon] i bought mine from kiddy palance, call water baby, cost me $14.90 but got discount around 10% or 20%, cant remember. and there is free swimming ball. the float has 2 holes for baby to stick his legs in it and a place to sit his bump, so i would tink its very safe :)

thks

as for diapers do you buy e 1 from huggies call little swimmers or something rite ?
[iceydagon] the little swimmers abit expensive and if you dont bring your baby to swimming often and he outgrown the size then a bit waste. for the swimming trunk i buy for my son, i buy bigger size, so if he grow up or thighs become thicker still can wear. anyway it was stretchable, so its ok. tink still can wear for quite some time. haha

cmeilim

why not use reuseable swim diapers? if u r worried that baby will poo in it, usually u will be able to watch baby's cues when he is about to poo. just quickly lift him out of the pool waters.

my baby has never poo-ed when swimming and i bought him i-play swim diapers.