Do you circumcise your boy?

foscom

ya.. of cos.. i didnt agree to it..
i called up the crescent clinic..
i will be gg this sat.. everything is about $90..

no my husband not expat.. maybe he see us young couple and seems interested to do it.. so... i dont know...

i know from another mummy say bcos doc fee 500 hospital charges 500.. medisave can 450.. but still is EXP....

Wow hakisumi, so sad to hear how you were treated. You would think that doctors would try to help a young couple...so sad...

I'm sure everything will go fine on Sat....I have heard nothing but good things about crescent clinic, and the price seems good.

Let me know how it goes, I'm Looking forward to hearing good news from you on Saturday..Please share your experience it really helps people who visit this site.....

A_LIM

ya.. of cos.. i didnt agree to it..
i called up the crescent clinic..
i will be gg this sat.. everything is about $90..

no my husband not expat.. maybe he see us young couple and seems interested to do it.. so... i dont know...

i know from another mummy say bcos doc fee 500 hospital charges 500.. medisave can 450.. but still is EXP....
Very sad! I was quite shocked when you told me it was $1000. At least you were smart enough to see through it.

Good luck on Saturday. My friend told me Crescent is really good. Looking forward to positive news from you after the procedure.

Share your experience, it is so important all us mummies.....

joeyz

Very sad! I was quite shocked when you told me it was $1000. At least you were smart enough to see through it.

Good luck on Saturday. My friend told me Crescent is really good. Looking forward to positive news from you after the procedure.

Share your experience, it is so important all us mummies.....
A big thank you to all you mummies for sharing your experiences and pass it on. I'm the mummy who oso being quoted 1k for circumise, so after knowing frm hakisumi mummy tat it cost only $90 to circumise, i was overjoyed!!!!

Looking eagerly forward to hearing from hakisumi mummy after the procedure. :)

foscom

A big thank you to all you mummies for sharing your experiences and pass it on. I'm the mummy who also being quoted 1k for circumise, so after knowing frm hakisumi mummy that it cost only $90 to circumise, i was overjoyed!!!!

Looking eagerly forward to hearing from hakisumi mummy after the procedure. :)
Hi Joeyz, just out of interest why did you decide to go for circumcision health or religious reasons?

And let us know how the procedure for your little one goes. Many mummies, particularly ones who are getting their baby circumcised for health reasons, and who's families have not practice it in the past, are always a bit lost when it comes to this topic, so keep sharing it really does help...especially now that circumcision is becoming more widely accepted in Singapore.

Last edited:

joeyz

Hi Joeyz, just out of interest why did you decide to go for circumcision health or religious reasons?

And let us know how the procedure for your little one goes. Many mummies, particularly ones who are getting their baby circumcised for health reasons, and who's families have not practice it in the past, are always a bit lost when it comes to this topic, so keep sharing it really does help...especially now that circumcision is becoming more widely accepted in Singapore.
Hi foscom mummy,

it's for health reason. my hubby strongly feels that it will benefits them esp when they grow up and if one didnt maintain a certain hygen level wil prone to infection. my in law hv circumise my hubby since baby as well too.

I will definitely update u mummies once i let my boy circumise. :)

hakisumi

hi mummies..

just brought lil graham for circumcision..
the clinic although looks abit run down but nurses & doc are generally nice..

the doc still got ask us, y we wanna do it?
we said hygiene purposes...

we were not allowed in the surgerical room.. it was a fast job..2 mins..prob even less than tat... tak-tak.. den we go in and carry him...

$90 inc. a follow up + painkiller

he was a little cranky when he got home...but fed him milk milk den he ok.. and sleep

hasmin0213

hi! for us filipinos..., we believe it is for hygiene purpose. since i will have a boy, we intend to habe him circumcised. but usually in philippines we do it when they are around 10-11 yrs. old. coz like what they said it is not good to have them circumcised early or too young.

foscom

hi mummies..

the doc still got ask us, why we wanna do it?

we were not allowed in the surgerical room.. it was a fast job..2 mins..prob even less than that... tak-tak.. then we go in and carry him...

he was a little cranky when he got home...but fed him milk milk then he ok.. and sleep
Hi Mummy hakisumi, Glad to hear it all went well.

A_LIM

hi mummies..

the doc still got ask us, why we wanna do it?

we were not allowed in the surgerical room.. it was a fast job..2 mins..prob even less than that... tak-tak.. then we go in and carry him...

he was a little cranky when he got home...but fed him milk milk then he ok.. and sleep
Glad to hear it went well, and was done at a good price. What method do they use?

hakisumi

the platisbell.. got a ring at his lil birdy.. which ll fall off abt 8 days time.. tml i am gg back for follow up...

thanks all..hee

joeyz

the platisbell.. got a ring at his lil birdy.. which ll fall off about 8 days time.. tml i am gg back for follow up...

thanks all..hee
I also went to Euno Crescent Clinic for dear son circumise last monday, took less thn 5 mins, now dear son is recovering. I have not went back for follow up as i am so busy today, will do so tomorrow.

A_LIM

I also went to Euno Crescent Clinic for dear son circumise last monday, took less thn 5 mins, now dear son is recovering. I have not went back for follow up as i am so busy today, will do so tomorrow.
Over all would you recommend Crescent? What doctor did you have? a few friends have been asking me to recommend some one.

hakisumi

Over all would you recommend Crescent? What doctor did you have? a few friends have been asking me to recommend some one.
i would recommend.. y not..for the price.. fast job...
male malay? doctor... he dun really look pure malay to me..
hehehee

joeyz

yeah i would strongly recommend it. For that price ($90), u cant find it elsewhere beside he did a great job too. It's been week after circumise, dear son bird bird looks clean & pretti. heee..:D

wiwizz

Hi All,

My 5 and a half months son was dischrged from hospital 2 days ago all because of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). He got it from constipation.

Apparently, we found out that babies could get UTI from bad hygiene too (late diaper change, genital area not cleaned properly)

We planned to get him circumcise when he is around 6 mths. Now he's on antibiotics for UTI treatment. I guess we have to reschedule his circumcision date then.

Personally, I think circumcision is ideal...cos it's cleaner and plus im a clean freak :)

A_LIM

Hi All,

My 5 and a half months son was dischrged from hospital 2 days ago all because of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). He got it from constipation.

Apparently, we found out that babies could get UTI from bad hygiene too (late diaper change, genital area not cleaned properly)

We planned to get him circumcise when he is around 6 mths. Now he's on antibiotics for UTI treatment. I guess we have to reschedule his circumcision date then.

Personally, I think circumcision is ideal...cos it's cleaner and plus im a clean freak :)
Hi WIWIZZ

I did my first son because of UTI, second son a few days after birth. Out of interest are you doing it for health reasons or religious reasons? where are you getting it done?

wiwizz

Hi WIWIZZ

I did my first son because of UTI, second son a few days after birth. Out of interest are you doing it for health reasons or religious reasons? where are you getting it done?

Hihi...A Lim,

Im doing it do out of religion. Even if its not for religion, i would encourage myself to go for it. Like mentioned, it's cleaner and more visible when comes to cleaning the area underneath the skin. I intend to go to eastpoint mall... Sidek I think,...can't recall his name.

Side-tracking a bit...regarding your 1st son's UTI. How long did it take to recover? My son's urine culture is normal and his on antibiotic now...had it mixed with milk otherwise little boy wont drink. So worried sick and as much as I want to go ahead with the circumcision, have to choice but to wait...poorthing ! Will need to get doc advise too.

A_LIM

Hihi...A Lim,

Im doing it do out of religion. Even if its not for religion, i would encourage myself to go for it. Like mentioned, it's cleaner and more visible when comes to cleaning the area underneath the skin. I intend to go to eastpoint mall... Sidek I think,...can't recall his name.

Side-tracking a bit...regarding your 1st son's UTI. How long did it take to recover? My son's urine culture is normal and his on antibiotic now...had it mixed with milk otherwise little boy wont drink. So worried sick and as much as I want to go ahead with the circumcision, have to choice but to wait...poorthing ! Will need to get doc advise too.
It took around 2 weeks once he started the course of antibiotics. He went for his circumcision about a week later.