Do you circumcise your boy?

C_Ang

Hi All,

I have just had a boy. He is now 2 weeks old and benefit of circumcision was raised by a friend of mine. I did not go into any detailed discussion about it, and was hoping some of you who have had some experience in this area could help out. I will not be doing it for religious purposes. Has anyone on the site done it purely for health reasons? what do you think about the proceedure? what are your experiences?. Trying to get a few views before I take the plunge.

Thanks

Last edited:

foscom

I had my little one done at birth, and would strongly recommend it. I think there are real health benefits. It is also a very minor operation (5 mins max).

Last edited:

hakisumi

i done it when he's abt 2weeks..
maybe now wouldnt see the real benefits of doing it.. but in time to come probably it will
would recommend it do it too.. :)

A_LIM

Hi CAng

I strongly recommend circumcision a few weeks after birth. I did it for health reasons, not religious reasons. Actually we did not do our first son but when he came down with an infection in early childhood, we had no choice and saw how bad it can be when done latter. Our second son we did shortly after birth and it was much better. Our sons have no problems with infections down there since the circumcision, unlike our friends that did not opt for the procedure which always seem to have issues, some of which end up having a circumcision later in life which is much more painful.

foscom

Does anybody know how much does it cost to circumcise at the Thomson Medical Center after birth of baby.
HI Ashbaby, I did my son at KK hospital, but I have heard from a few of my friends that it is very expensive in most hospitals these days. This is because they now generally refer the matter to a pediatric consult and make it more complicated than it is. By far the best way to go I hear, from my friends and people on this site, is Crescent Clinic on the East Cost. Best to go about a week or two after birth. They will use the plastibell method which is virtually painless. It costs around $90 which includes a follow up visit.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

Ashbaby

HI Ashbaby, I did my son at KK hospital, but I have heard from a few of my friends that it is very expensive in most hospitals these days. This is because they now generally refer the matter to a pediatric consult and make it more complicated than it is. By far the best way to go I hear, from my friends and people on this site, is Crescent Clinic on the East Cost. Best to go about a week or two after birth. They will use the plastibell method which is virtually painless. It costs around $90 which includes a follow up visit.

Let us know how it goes.

I was quoted $900 bucks from my gynae, I almost fainted upon hearing it. Do u mind to pm-ed me Crescent clinic details. TIA.

fazlin7

Crescent Clinic. Dr Tahir
Blk 1A, Eunos Crescent #01-2473
Tel: 6745-8624
Price: $90 (not sure if price is stil the same)
- covers consultation, procedure, panadol, care instructions & follow-up consultation (norm 6-8 days later)

C_Ang

I was quoted $900 bucks from my gynae, I almost fainted upon hearing it. Do you mind to pm-ed me Crescent clinic details. TIA.
Hi Ashby, it is still $90 at the Crescent Clinic. I booked my son to get done next week. It is the best price I found, and they sounded quite professional.

joeyz

Hi Ashby, it is still $90 at the Crescent Clinic. I booked my son to get done next week. It is the best price I found, and they sounded quite professional.
i get my son done it at the clinic too recommended by Hakisumi mummy. I am doing it for hygence purpose too and now dear son bird bird looks so much easier to clean and clean. :)

C_Ang

Hi All

I took my son to Crescent on the weekend. The building is not much to look at, and I was a bit worried, but once inside the service was first rate. The circumcision only took a few minutes. I don't see why I was so worried about it all. My son slept well after the operation and now he is back to normal. we are going for a followup after Christmas. It only cost $90.

C_Ang

Can we circumcise the baby a 1-2 weeks old?
I did my son at one week old. The doctor advised us that it was simpler to do it shortly after birth. I was surprised as it took only a few minutes (less than 5) for the procedure to be performed. Also he did not cry at all after, and fell to sleep normally.

mrsmorgan

where else can circumcision be done besides some of e clinics mentioned in this thread? n hw early can it be done?

foscom

where else can circumcision be done besides some of e clinics mentioned in this thread? n hw early can it be done?
You can get it done at most hospitals and clinics. I had my son done shortly after birth at KK. The question is cost and value for money. Hospitals seem to be very very expensive, they will usually take the unnecessary step of referring you to a PD. The best solution is to go to somewhere like Crescent about a week after birth. They have expertise in the area and are very cheap. It is value for money. Definitely do it shortly after birth within the first month.

izanyzam

Hi mummies...Due to religious reasons,i just had my baby boy circumsized last month on the 30th Dec..He was 1 mth and 1 week plus old..I had it done by Dr.Tahir @ Crescent Clinic located @ Eunos crescent..The clinic is soo easy to find as its very near Eunos MRT..

As hes still considered a newborn,i didnt have to make any appoinment.But i did call up the clinic prior to the visit.Once baby's name is called,i carried him in..Dr.Tahir asked if he has any health problems or allergies.After i laid him on the operating-like table,i was told to wait outside (which i gladly did,coz it wil kill me 2 have to see him in pain...!!)..Me and hubby waited less than 5mins..We could hear him cry but once hes brought out by the clinic lady,he looked as if nothing had happened..!!! My precious didnt cry on our journey home in the MRT..Probably coz he was still numb down there..

We were given a bottle of pink syrup which was the painkiller..And told to come back the next day for a follow-up..Paid $90 for the whole package(inclusive of the follow-up checkup..!!)..Although the clinic looked sooooooooOoo old skool (like wayyy back in the 70s...!!!)..The doctor and staff were very professional and friendly.Definitely recommend this clinic to those mummies who wish to circumsize their baby boys..

And 4 days after his circumsision,the "ring" fell off and my boy's "birdie" looked very clean..!! :Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub: