Do you circumcise your boy?

JTAN

Have just given birth to a healthy boy. I was wondering whether to circumcise him or not. Is there any one out there who had their son circumcised for non religious reasons. That is for purely health reasons? Hubby has not been circumcised, and we were wondering weather there was anyone out there who did not do it because of religious reason or merely because hubby had been done? Look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

hakisumi

I done it for my boy..not religious reasons..glad we done it early ..jus v clean birdie..clean also easy...
If later then u wanna do it,ll be too late ler.. Y not do it when he's young now..dun tend to roll too..

JTAN

I done it for my boy..not religious reasons..glad we done it early ..just very clean birdie..clean also easy...
If later then you wanna do it,ll be too late .. why not do it when he's young now..dont tend to roll too..
My hubby and both his and my family do not do circumcision,so it is difficult for us to decide. Just wondered if common to do circumcision in your family and thats why you did or was it not done and you just decide to do it?

Last edited:

hakisumi

My hubby didn't do it but when I brought up this topic to him..he agreed!! I ask my mum too for opinion cos I had a brother.. She also encourage cos she also thinks it's cleaner more hygiene as she dunno how to clean my bro lil birdie which led to infection..

It is v individual

Buty hubby says son ll thank us when he grows up cos he ll ve a better sex life n ez to clean birdie..durn.... Lol

joeyz

My hubby didn't do it but when I brought up this topic to him..he agreed!! I ask my mum too for opinion cos I had a brother.. She also encourage cos she also thinks it's cleaner more hygiene as she dont know how to clean my bro lil birdie which led to infection..

It is very individual

Buty hubby says son ll thank us when he grows up cos he ll ve a better sex life n ez to clean birdie..durn.... Lol
I've the same sentiment as you. hehehee...:p

JTAN

My hubby didn't do it but when I brought up this topic to him..he agreed!! I ask my mum too for opinion cos I had a brother.. She also encourage cos she also thinks it's cleaner more hygiene as she dont know how to clean my bro lil birdie which led to infection..

It is very individual

Thanks Hakisumi,

I plan to talk to my doctor and get it done. My hubby has left the decision up to me coz he does not mind either way. I let you know how it all goes.

CocoaBear

I done it for my boy..not religious reasons..glad we done it early ..just very clean birdie..clean also easy...
If later then you wanna do it,ll be too late .. why not do it when he's young now..dont tend to roll too..
Think older still can do if want to. No need rush to do the circumcision. Leave to the boy to decide later.

hakisumi

If u do ltr they ll be more painful.. When baby they tend to sleep more.. So it's advisable to do it earlier since u hv the intention to do it..y wait?? 
sometimes when I change diapers for Graham..his lil birdie is hard hard like gg to pee..so I m glad I done it earlier.. IMO..

Still it's very individual.. 

Gumi

IMO, it will be good to circumcise not just due to religion purposes but also for hygiene purpose. And it will be better if this is done at a very young age cos when he grow older, not only will he feel the pain, he will also feel shy to tell you what's happening down there.

I've got a colleague who is a single mother, she did not circumcise his boy and when he is at Primary 4, he do not know how to clean up properly each time after urinating and he got the infectious. And soon after this, my colleague quickly bring the son to circumcise.

So in the end, it is still up to individual.

JTAN

IMO, it will be good to circumcise not just due to religion purposes but also for hygiene purpose. And it will be better if this is done at a very young age cos when he grow older, not only will he feel the pain, he will also feel shy to tell you what's happening down there.

I've got a colleague who is a single mother, she did not circumcise his boy and when he is at Primary 4, he do not know how to clean up properly each time after urinating and he got the infectious. And soon after this, my colleague quickly bring the son to circumcise.

So in the end, it is still up to individual.
Hi Gumi, wondering if you had your son circumcised and if so at what age.

Gumi

Hi JTan

I've not circumcised him yet cos I'm still looking out for recommendations on doctors good on such minor operation. But definitely I will bring him when he turn 1 years' old.

Fyi, I've got colleague who circumcised his boy at the age of 1 month's old.

foscom

Hi JTan

I've not circumcised him yet cos I'm still looking out for recommendations on doctors good on such minor operation. But definitely I will bring him when he turn 1 years' old.

Fyi, I've got colleague who circumcised his boy at the age of 1 month's old.
You should bring him to Crescent clinic at Eunos. Very good value $90 and experienced doctors. You should do him as soon as possible then they use the plastibell method much less pain one or two day recovery.

Gumi

You should bring him to Crescent clinic at Eunos. Very good value $90 and experienced doctors. You should do him as soon as possible then they use the plastibell method much less pain one or two day recovery.
Hi foscom
Ya...see alot of good comments on the service for this clinic. Btw, any medication needed after that?

lis

der's no particular medication needed actually afta the op.. just nid to clean the 'bird' properly w some antiseptic solution every diaper change.. clean it w clean cotton wool & some warm water.. =) the 'ring' will come off in matter of days.. maybe 3-5 days time..

it recovers faster when they are young because they have not started eating other food except for milk.. tat's y it's easier & faster to take care & heal.. =)

foscom

Hi foscom
Ya...see alot of good comments on the service for this clinic. Btw, any medication needed after that?
The operation takes about 5 mins and then the recovery takes about day or two. No medication needed, its simple, and fairly painless. You should do it as soon as possible because the plastibell method can only be used on a small infant. If you leave it too long the method will not be available to you and this will mean a lot more cutting, pain and greater recovery time.

Gumi

The operation takes about 5 mins and then the recovery takes about day or two. No medication needed, its simple, and fairly painless. You should do it as soon as possible because the plastibell method can only be used on a small infant. If you leave it too long the method will not be available to you and this will mean a lot more cutting, pain and greater recovery time.
Hi foscom
Thanks for this useful info. My son is now 10 months' old, do you think it is too late? As he is starting to crawl I'm worried that it may cause pain to him. Actually I should have circumcised him when he is 1 month's old, but at that time only my husband and myself is taking care of him (no helpher) and I've always been busy and this keeps dragging on and on and suddenly 1 day I noticed, how time flies, he's already 10 month's old.

I will discuss with my husband again and hopefully get it done soonest possible.