Do you circumcise your boy?

JTAN

Had the followup and all was fine. The ring has now fallen off and it is all fine. Really simple, it was like nothing happened.

gohmummy

Hi Mummies,

I have a son who is just over one year old and I am thinking of having him Circumcised for health reasons. Is it too late? Do mummies have a view on whether it should be done for this reason?

Hope to hear form you mummies.

foscom

Hi Mummies,

I have a son who is just over one year old and I am thinking of having him Circumcised for health reasons. Is it too late? Do mummies have a view on whether it should be done for this reason?

Hope to hear form you mummies.
Hi Gohmummy,

I did my son for purely hygiene reasons. I think it is much better. My son has suffered no infections unlike the boys of my friends that did not opt to do it. I think it is possible to do it at 1 year old but the quicker you do it the better. Do not leave it too late

gohmummy

Hi Gohmummy,

I did my son for purely hygiene reasons. I think it is much better. My son has suffered no infections unlike the boys of my friends that did not opt to do it. I think it is possible to do it at 1 year old but the quicker you do it the better. Do not leave it too late
Thanks Foscom

I will take my son for circumcision this Thursday and let you know how it goes.

gohmummy

Hi rhay
I think different babies react differently and btw is he OK today?
Really motivated by you guys here...definitely going there very soon.
Hi Gumi,

Just wondered if you have taken your son for circumcision yet? My son is around the same age and will be doing it Thursday. Just wondered if it all went well for you

canisque

It seems like I hear a lot of recommendations on Crescent Clinic even from friends who are not in this forum! Even adult men goes there for circumcision. I'm more keen and motivated to go and bring my son there when he's born. Maybe within 14 days after birth. :) initially told my gynae abt doing it right after birth (so she wrote on my admission letter) but I think my next visit I'm going to cancel having it at d hospital because i found out it's much more expensive $300 or so.

gohmummy

It seems like I hear a lot of recommendations on Crescent Clinic even from friends who are not in this forum! Even adult men goes there for circumcision. I'm more keen and motivated to go and bring my son there when he's born. Maybe within 14 days after birth. :) initially told my gynae about doing it right after birth (so she wrote on my admission letter) but I think my next visit I'm going to cancel having it at d hospital because i found out it's much more expensive $300 or so.
Canisque,

Many people tell me this is the place to get the circumcision done. It only costs $100, best value I could find. I also heard that doctor is very experienced. I would definitely do it soon after birth though. I left my son for a year now and they said it is not going to be that pleasant. I will let you know how it all goes.

By the way are u doing it for religion?

canisque

Canisque,

Many people tell me this is the place to get the circumcision done. It only costs $100, best value I could find. I also heard that doctor is very experienced. I would definitely do it soon after birth though. I left my son for a year now and they said it is not going to be that pleasant. I will let you know how it all goes.

By the way are you doing it for religion?
Planning to do it within 2 wks after birth. Even if not for religion I'd still do it for hygiene purpose. :)

gohmummy

Just arrived back from the Crescent Clinic. It took about 20 mins. The clinic looks old but the service was fine. The doctor asked me why I wanted to do it, and then took my boy into the room. He returned after about 15 mins. My son was not crying, but in the car he started to moan a bit. He has gone to sleep now. The doctor told me that it would be a bit more painful for him as he is over one year old. He did it using the ring, and we are to go back in a few days for a check up.

foscom

Just arrived back from the Crescent Clinic. It took about 20 mins. The clinic looks old but the service was fine. The doctor asked me why I wanted to do it, and then took my boy into the room. He returned after about 15 mins. My son was not crying, but in the car he started to moan a bit. He has gone to sleep now. The doctor told me that it would be a bit more painful for him as he is over one year old. He did it using the ring, and we are to go back in a few days for a check up.

Thanks for sharing with us gohmummy, hope your little one gets well soon

C_Ang

Hi Gohmummy,

I also did my son recently. He was fully recoverd in a week. I dont think you will regret having it done. Thanks for sharing.

foscom

dear son just went to circumcise today, any idea how long will the pain last?
It depends on the method used. If the ring was used it should not be very painful and only about an hour or so of discomfort. My son when straight to sleep after it. the ring drops of in 5 days.

Were did u get it done? was it the ring?

Ashbaby

It depends on the method used. If the ring was used it should not be very painful and only about an hour or so of discomfort. My son when straight to sleep after it. the ring drops of in 5 days.

Were did you get it done? was it the ring?
Yes got it done today at a clinic. Yes its a ring. He is slightly better now.

gigi

Hi I have a 2 month old son and was wondering if any of you mums have had your baby circumcised at a hospital here in Singapore?

is a clinic better?

Im doing it for hygiene not religion...any views on whether it is better and the done thing these days? I notice a lot of posts are in favour any views on this it is a bit of a difficult to know...
:err:

Ashbaby

Hi I have a 2 month old son and was wondering if any of you mums have had your baby circumcised at a hospital here in Singapore?

is a clinic better?

Im doing it for hygiene not religion...any views on whether it is better and the done thing these days? I notice a lot of posts are in favour any views on this it is a bit of a difficult to know...
:err:
Hospital charges is very high. I was quoted $900/- from my PD.

mrsmorgan

I was thinkin of gettin it done for my son end of this mth but worried he might wail during e procedure n during recovery time.. It's already so difficult givin him meds when he's sick.

Aft e procedure, will wearin a diaper hurt him? Can he still take baths during recovery time?

gigi

I was thinkin of gettin it done for my son end of this month but worried he might wail during e procedure n during recovery time.. It's already so difficult givin him meds when he's sick.

after e procedure, will wearin a diaper hurt him? Can he still take baths during recovery time?

Went to my pedi today. He said that if I wanted to do the circumcision it should be done sooner rather than later, and it is ok if he is wearing diapers. He did not really give me ideas on pros and cons though.

Any one have any thoughts on whether it is better to do it? or have done it for heath reasons?

The cost at KK is 1500 I think it is a bit high ??

SH74

oh no.. how?

my hb n i intend to do for our boy when he's in his pri sch. but seems like it's better to do it as young as possible. any1 do for their boys when they r older? is it really more painful? recovery still as fast?